Canada- 'Fatalities' reported following fleeing suspect wrong-way collision on Highway 401 in Whitby, SIU called in, Toronto, 29 April 2024

dotr

Reaction score
''Durham Regional Police Service (DRPS) said that at about 7:50 p.m. they were called to an robbery near Green Road and Highway 2 in Clarington.
"The suspect fled in a vehicle which was pursued by police. During the pursuit, the suspect vehicle entered onto 401 going the wrong direction," DRPS wrote in a statement provided to CP24.''
April 29 401 Whitby collision
Highway 401 has been shut down in both directions in Whitby following a serious collision. (Screengrab from video by Colin Williamson/CTV News Toronto)

I thought they called off dangerous pursuits although I understand this would be a difficult one to assess danger to the public as letting the suspect continue driving the wrong way is dangerous as well.

I feel so bad for the grandparents and their little grandchild.

May 4 2024 rbbm
''Gagandeep Singh, who was allegedly armed with a knife at the time of the police pursuit, was released on $2,000 bail this winter by a Justice of the Peace in a Hamilton court and was set to return to Milton court on May 14.''

''Singh, sources say, has been in Canada for a short time as a foreign student from India but had fallen into a narcotics dependency.''

''Justice sources in several policing regions indicate Singh was also before the courts for carjacking and drug possession allegations''.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alhxo
Back