CANADA Canada - Forrest Schab, 26, Toronto ON, 8 Sept 2010

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by summer_breeze, Nov 20, 2010.

1. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2010/11/19/missing-schab-forrest-dy-rapper.html

Last Updated: Friday, November 19, 2010 | 4:07 PM ET

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. Hazel

Hazel New Member

Canadian rap newcomer missing, family says
    Forrest Schab, 26
    Up-and-coming Canadian rapper DY
    He was last seen in Toronto in August 2010 - last twitter message: Sept. 8th

[​IMG]

Persons with information can contact the Toronto Police Department at 416-808-2222

4. Hazel

Hazel New Member

Canadian rap newcomer missing, family says
    Forrest Schab, 26
    He was last seen in Toronto in August 2010 - His last twitter message: Sept. 8th

[​IMG]

Persons with information can contact the Toronto Police Department at 416-808-2222

5. Hazel

Hazel New Member

Forrest Schab, 26
    He was last seen in Toronto in August 2010 - His last twitter message: Sept. 8th

[​IMG]

LOTS OF PICTURES of him and friends (also promo pics) in his Facebook I AM DY : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=148879&id=265438031366#!/IAMDYOFFICIAL?v=photos

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=148879&id=265438031366

FB WALL : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=148879&id=265438031366#!/IAMDYOFFICIAL?v=wall

6. Hazel

Hazel New Member

More: http://www.hiphossip.com/2010/11/breaking-news-dynamic-canadian-rapper.html

7. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

weird - pretty sure my friend's son (who is in the same scene) knows him

gonna go check facebook now

come home safe DY

8. webrocket

webrocket New Member

you mean to say that the Canadian govt cannot check to see if one if its citizens took a flight to Mexico? that would have been the first place I looked after a missing person's report was filed.

it does seem kind of odd that someone who was supposedly such an up and coming star in the rap world would go unmissed for three months.

my initial impression is that when he was not in the middle of some project, he did what he wanted, when he wanted and didn't tell too many people. how else can you explain this sort of absence before anyone realized he was missing?

did he not have bills to pay? would not the mail carrier have noticed that the box was overstuffed with mail?

without any information on his personal life, something does not sound right at home. I could be way off on this, but even a single guy living in an apt would be missed, even if it is the landlord not getting a rent check.

9. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

yes webrocket, the Canadian gov't can check into anything they like just like other gov'ts but my real question is, why has the family waited three months to report him missing?

his sister has confirmed that "he flew to cancun, then cabo, then somewhere else ..." and says it seems to be the third day in Mexico that he disappeared

as per her FB:

http://www.facebook.com/jessicamystic#!/jessicamystic?v=wall

10. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

his sister also says that Forrest did not send that tweet on Sept. 8th - someone at the label did and that the real last contact anyone had with him was Aug.13th - a call to his manager saying he was in Mexico

11. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

sister says no activity in his bank for a long time as per LE

12. Hazel

Hazel New Member

Thanks LadyL,
    So you are saying his sister has confirmed that DY left Canada. :(
    I have to admit that for a split of a second I also thought this could have been a 'publicity stunt', and being the weekend, the Toronto Police Service site doesn't update News Releases, so he is not listed there yet. That is probably the reason why the LE phone number given does not belong to a specific LE Division, but it is the Non-Emergency Toronto Police phone number.

With so many Canadians being killed in Mexico the past years, and 3 months of nobody hearing from him, this is not sounding too good :(

I too am wondering why nobody noticed him missing before! He seems to have lots of friends/acquaintances.

Did he travel alone? no girlfriend / friend? Have they tried his cellphone? Pin towers?

He most likely rented a car first thing when he arrived in Mexico. How did he travel from Cancun to Cabo? By plane? Is that Cabo San Lucas? that is in Baja California, Mexico, on the west coast (Pacific Ocean).

13. Hazel

Hazel New Member

[​IMG]
    If he IS in Mexico, they need to get the Mexican authorities involved asap! Canada has no jurisdiction over there to conduct investigations. His family needs to contact the Canadian Embassy!

http://blog.muchmusic.com/canadian-rapper-dy-reported-missing/?album=6&gallery=127

14. Hazel

Hazel New Member

Not sure if this is the same person, but found someone with his name. Am finding out some 'aspects' of his life that IMO explain why his family didn't report him missing earlier. Don't see how that will help find him, reason why I'm not posting that info.

Answering my own question: he flew from Cancun to Cabo San Lucas, on the west coast, and there was mention of a blue bay hotel

Wondering if someone has been able to contact his publicist LP by now.

There are some not good comments re CP Records President posted on his FB - including old news articles

15. grayjay

grayjay Active Member

There's a reason the stars have security. He had to have, or think he had, someone else watching his back. I wonder who that is. Kind of like a spouse in a domestic case.

16. webrocket

webrocket New Member

last year a friend's mother took a trip to Mexico. [the live on opposite sides of the US] I forget when he found out about it but she did not return from her trip as planned. Mexico is not safe for anyone. (I suppose if one stays only at resorts or on a cruise ship it might not be so bad).

needless to say, my friend fllagged me down online and we went through a whole laundry list of things to do. he called the local police to check the house to see if she was there - negative. the cops spoke to a tenant and asked him to have her call her son when she got back.

we tracked down the phone number of the next door neighbor and he spoke to them and said there were some strange people coming and going at the house. we struggled to figure out the name and number of her gentleman friend and finally were able to get a message to him. he called back and said she decided to stay in Mexico an extra week or so.

I suggested calling the State Dept but he did not know for a fact if she was really there.
    not knowing if his mother was dead or alive or even in Mexico, all he could do was wait until the appointed date of her belated return. she did make it back a day late, connecting flight problems, and she was startled at what he did to try to find her. she was not upset and said she would keep him better informed in the future.

In this rapper's case, I have to question his motives for going to Mexico, but if he intended to stay at safer resorts then it is not the end of the world. However, if his sister last heard from him in mid-August, what is wrong with her that she waited until now to call the cops? if Rapper DY met with foul play, fat chance finding out now what happened.

17. Hazel

Hazel New Member

18. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

19. Hazel

Hazel New Member

• No updates on Forrest's disappearance
    • Forrest is still not listed as 'missing' in the Toronto Police Service site
    • Forrest's sister has removed the Wall in her FB account. We can no longer read of any updates/info
    • Other than the CBC, only blogs and entertainment sites are reporting about DY
    • In one site, they state that DY stands for "Die Young"

20. Hazel

Hazel New Member

Canadian Rapper DY Reported Missing in Mexico
    The Boombox - Posted Nov 22nd 2010 3:00PM
    Forrest Schab (artistic name: DY)
    [​IMG]
    Read more (also VIDEO) : http://www.theboombox.com/2010/11/22/canadian-rapper-dy-reported-missing-in-mexico/

21. webrocket

webrocket New Member

odd that LE does not list him as missing and the family basically disabled the FB page.

very strange.