Found Safe Canada - George Hazard-Benoit, Age 4 of Prince George, missing from MacKenzie BC, 17 August, 2019

George was with his mother and her friend, who were picking berries. He was left sleeping in the van and was not there when they returned. His father is custodial parent and he was with mother for visitation time.

I'm so nervous for this little boy.

Nooooo I’m so sad to hear about this baby outside over night! How scary for everyone involved I hope they find him soon!!

Boy missing near Mackenzie

Search and rescue teams continue to scour the bush near Mackenzie looking for a four-year-old boy who went missing Saturday afternoon.

The boy, identified as George Hazard-Benoit, got lost at about 12:30 p.m. Saturday when he became separated from family while berry picking near Lions Lake, 11 kilometres south of Mackenzie off Highway 39. It's believed he spent the night alone in the area and as of 5 p.m. Sunday he had not been located.

Found the parents and the stepmother on social media, nothing much there. His mother's name is Tykao Hazard (one of the MSM articles misspelled it as Tykeo).

Reactions: Dre
Found the parents and the stepmother on social media, nothing much there. His mother's name is Tykao Hazard (one of the MSM articles misspelled it as Tykeo).
Dad seems to be the parent with custody. I suspect Mom had him for the weekend and maybe took him on a trip up to that area. Reading Dad's words also appears he was protective of George, referring to himself as a "helicopter parent." Nothing wrong with that with a small child. I feel his pain reading about his reaction when learning George was missing. JMO

Dad seems to be the parent with custody. I suspect Mom had him for the weekend and maybe took him on a trip up to that area. Reading Dad's words also appears he was protective of George, referring to himself as a "helicopter parent." Nothing wrong with that with a small child. I feel his pain reading about his reaction when learning George was missing. JMO

Yes, they are "in the process of formalizing a custody arrangement when he went missing", according to the father.

I guess I meant I couldn't find anything on their SM that indicates anything other than what's in the MSM. Certainly, based on what he says in that article, Dad seems mad, but who can blame him?

I'm surprised by how little traction this story is getting tbh

Last edited:
Yes, they are "in the process of formalizing a custody arrangement when he went missing", according to the father.

I guess I meant I couldn't find anything on their SM that indicates anything other than what's in the MSM. Certainly, based on what he says in that article, Dad seems mad, but who can blame him?

I'm surprised by how little traction this story is getting tbh
It's a small town and everyone knows by now in Mackenzie. Word spreads very fast!
There has also been quite a few news reports and he has been missing for day and half now..

George was with his mother and her friend, who were picking berries. He was left sleeping in the van and was not there when they returned. His father is custodial parent and he was with mother for visitation time.

I'm so nervous for this little boy.
Boy missing near Mackenzie

Search and rescue teams continue to scour the bush near Mackenzie looking for a four-year-old boy who went missing Saturday afternoon.

The boy, identified as George Hazard-Benoit, got lost at about 12:30 p.m. Saturday when he became separated from family while berry picking near Lions Lake, 11 kilometres south of Mackenzie off Highway 39. It's believed he spent the night alone in the area and as of 5 p.m. Sunday he had not been located.

[bbm]

well which is it? was he left in the van or was he berry-picking? how can there be two different stories about that?

(not directed at you zecats)

[bbm]

well which is it? was he left in the van or was he berry-picking? how can there be two different stories about that?

I think stating he became separated from family while picking berries, is code for he was left alone while mom picked berries. According to the one article I posted, she and her friend were no more than 10 meters away from the van. How would she not see him if he exited the van? Or how would he not see her if he exited to look for her? Or be heard if he called out to her. Likely some journalistic shortcutting or some stretching of the facts. JMO

[bbm]

I thought the same, but the story does actually seem consistent - he was in the van last he was seen.

Search crews mobilize south of Mackenzie, B.C. to find missing 4-year-old boy

George’s father Kristopher Benoit told Global News his son was with his mother and a friend, who were picking berries by the railroad tracks.

“He was asleep in the van, and when they went to go check on him he was gone,” Benoit said. “That’s about all the information she has given me.”

Benoit, who has been George’s primary caregiver after separating from the boy’s mother, said his son doesn’t usually wander off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back