Found Deceased Canada - Gladys Barman, 82, Victoria BC, 5 Jul 2018

Oak Bay Police re-new call to help locate missing woman

.JPG

from the FB Admin 13 hrs ago:

Please keep an eye out for a dark green Honda Accord licence plate 940 RGA. UPDATE: at least 2 of the 3 plausible Cowichan sightings occurred on July 5th. We have strong belief that she could still be in the area, as she has not gassed up according to credit card records. URGENT REQUEST for Search near Maple Bay. Unconfirmed but plausible sighting of Gladys in car at Stoney Hill Road. Police say “Can you get anyone you know out driving here...Thanks. I got a tip she may have driven into driveway at Stoney Hill Rd. The caller spoke to her and he said she looked anxious and confused. She was looking for a gas station. He regrets not helping her more. The road has many logging roads that intersect. I have requested the RCMP check from Genoa Bay north along Stoney Hill Rd. Can you request your volunteers to check those areas.”
<bbm>

Just heard on the news her car has been found. Will post a link when I get home...
Missing Oak Bay senior's car found on Lake Cowichan logging road
"A person found Barman's green 2002 Honda Accord on a remote logging road behind Lake Cowichan on Sat., July 21, Oak Bay police said in a news release.
The discovery has reignited search efforts in the area. Police say Cowichan Search and Rescue has been activated along with an RCMP helicopter and police dog services.

Earlier this month, there was an unconfirmed sighting of Barman on a property in the Cowichan Valley.

Maple Bay resident Dan Sifert said a woman matching Barman's description pulled up outside his workshop July 6 and said she was nearly out of gas."

He gave her directions to the nearest gas station and she headed off.

Barman's son, Neil, said she is a healthy 82 year old but before she went missing, she had been complaining about minor memory issues

Very sad for me, too. Heartwrenching to think of her wandering. Hearwrenching for whoever it is, if it isn't Gladys. Thanks for the update.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror
Back