Found Deceased Canada- Irshaad Ikbal, 36, became separated from group of friends, 2am @ the Plaza of Nations, Vancouver, BC, 29 April 2023

dotr

Reaction score
1683040843174.png
''Vancouver police are asking for the public’s help to find a man missing from the city’s downtown since early Saturday morning.
70c8fc80

Irshaad Ikbal, 36, was last seen near the Plaza of Nations on Pacific Boulevard around 2 a.m., when he became separated from a group of friends.''

''Police said his disappearance is out of character, and that his family and friends are concerned for his safety.
Ikbal is described as five-feet-eight-inches tall and 155 pounds with a medium build. He has short black hair, hazel eyes and a black beard.

He was last seen wearing a white button-down shirt with a pink and blue pattern, light blue and ripped denim jeans and white Converse high-top shoes.

Anyone who was with Ikbal early Saturday morning or who has information on his whereabouts is asked to call police.''

''On Monday afternoon, a photo was released showing Ikbal outside a 7-11 near Smithe and Beatty Street wearing faded and ripped blue jeans, a short-sleeved collared shirt and white high-top Converse shoes.
Addison said the photo was taken at around Midnight Friday.''
1683043631319.png
''Addison said water police have not searched False Creek because there is no indication that a body is in the water.

“We are hoping we will find him,” said Addison, adding Ikbal’s family was deeply concerned because his disappearance was out of character.''

rbbm
1683127835959.png
1683127717171.png
''In a statement to CityNews, Ikbal’s family says it’s out of character for him to go this long without contacting loved ones.

“Irshaad is a kind hearted individual, and is often described as an outgoing and adventurous person. He knows how to make anyone smile and is a wonderful son, brother, and uncle. Our family cannot be complete without Irshaad’s heart of gold, caring nature, and contagious smile,” the family said in an email.

“His family and friends are extremely concerned of his whereabouts, his safety and want him found.”

''Ikbal is described as 5’8, 155 pounds, medium build with short black hair, hazel eyes, and a black beard. Police say he was last seen wearing a white button-down shirt with a pink and blue pattern, light blue and ripped denim jeans and white high-top Converse shoes.

Anyone with information on Ikbal’s whereabouts is asked to contact their local police department immediately.''

rbbm.

''Irshaad Ikbal was last seen at about 2:00 a.m. Saturday morning at a dance party at Harbour Event Centre at the Plaza of Nations.''

"You can hear his mom and dad cry the second you get in, because you open the door and they think it's going to be him,” said his cousin Fouziah Khaireti. “They think it's going to be Irshaad...and it's not."

''36-year-old Ikbal is described as South Asian, 5’8” tall and 155 lbs.

He has short dark hair, hazel eyes and a dark beard.

At some point during his night out with his girlfriend and a group of friends, he became separated from the group while still inside the venue – and he hasn’t been seen or heard from since.

Vancouver Police confirm there is a missing person’s file open for Ikbar.''

''His family has started an Instagram page in the hopes of drawing more attention to his disappearance.
"I don't know how to describe the feeling except for our hearts ache,” said Khaireti. “Every second of every day we're thinking, what can we do? How do we help bring him home?"

I know the police aren't looking in the water but I think they should. His name is a Muslim name, so his family is probably from Pakistan if he's East Asian. Muslims don't usually drink alcohol but if Irshaad did end up having a couple of drinks it's possible he got separated from his group because he was feeling the effects. The venue is right on the water with docks, etc. I don't have good feeling about this one.

I know the police aren't looking in the water but I think they should. His name is a Muslim name, so his family is probably from Pakistan if he's East Asian. Muslims don't usually drink alcohol but if Irshaad did end up having a couple of drinks it's possible he got separated from his group because he was feeling the effects. The venue is right on the water with docks, etc. I don't have good feeling about this one.
Agreed! Unless they have some other reason to think it is gang related or something I don't know why they wouldn't be considering the water?

''The loved ones of a man who went missing in Vancouver over the weekend have planned a downtown search, appealing to all to help find him.

Irshaad Ikbal’s family and friends are set to gather at the Plaza of Nations at 9:30 a.m. Saturday.''

''So far we have around 200ish people and we’re just hoping to get a lot more than that, as much as possible. That’s our best chance of finding him and at least getting some type of information of where he might be and any leads,” the man’s cousin, Reza Rahiem, told CityNews Friday.

“We’ve had a lot of traction on social media so far about his whereabouts and everyone is concerned. We’ve had a lot of ask from the public about doing a search because we haven’t heard anything from any police institution or anything like that. So we’ve decided to gather as many people as we can to do a search all over Vancouver.”

rbbm
1683470700638.png
"I'm very impressed and glad that we have a community around us and our great group of family and friends that are here today to aid us and the VPD to produce new leads,” said Shakeel Ikbal, Irshaad’s older brother. "As it sits right now, we have no new information and there is no leads in that direction. He was last seen within this vicinity, and that's why we're starting our search here today."

Organizers divided the city up into several different zones and assigned a different group of volunteers to each one.

As the groups set out to search for information, the anguish of not knowing what happened to Ikbal was clearly evident on the faces of his family and loved ones.

"No sleep. We're devastated as a family and a community. There's no words,” said his sister Sophie Ikbal. “All we want is something...someone...to help us bring him home."

Ikbal is South Asian, 5’8” tall and about 155 pounds with hazel eyes, black hair and a dark beard.

Vancouver police have released some security photos of him from the evening he went missing that show he was wearing a short sleeve button up shirt, blue jeans and white runners.

His family is offering a $20,000 reward for any information that leads to Ikbal’s safe return.

"We miss him and we love him and we just want him back with us,” Shakeel Ikbal said.''

Well i hate to post this..
''The family of a South Asian man who went missing in Vancouver last month is speaking out, after they say someone replaced posters of their loved one with white supremacist photos and stickers.

Fouziah Khairati says she’s appalled and disgusted by the removal of missing person posters of her cousin, Irshaad Ikbal.

“I think that whoever did this is disgusting,” Khairati told CTV News Vancouver on Wednesday evening.

“Honestly, I just think they weren’t in the right headspace or they didn’t realize how hurt it would make our whole family,” she added, as Ikbal’s parents stood behind her, visibly crying.''

“As a community, we put up over 3,000 posters downtown,” Khairati said. “Despite the fact that these people are removing posters, we want for his name and face to be everywhere so he can be brought home.”

''She says the family has received a few tips about Ikbal’s possible whereabouts and has been trying to help the Vancouver Police Department, which is investigating the man’s whereabouts, but so far there’s been little to no progress.

“An extensive investigation into Irshaad’s disappearance began as soon as VPD were called,” Const. Tania Visintin said in a statement last week.

“This includes a video review from the area Irshaad was last seen, a review of his bank records and his social media accounts, several interviews with those that were with him, and a search of False Creek waters,” she continued.''

Well i hate to post this..
''The family of a South Asian man who went missing in Vancouver last month is speaking out, after they say someone replaced posters of their loved one with white supremacist photos and stickers.

Fouziah Khairati says she’s appalled and disgusted by the removal of missing person posters of her cousin, Irshaad Ikbal.

“I think that whoever did this is disgusting,” Khairati told CTV News Vancouver on Wednesday evening.

“Honestly, I just think they weren’t in the right headspace or they didn’t realize how hurt it would make our whole family,” she added, as Ikbal’s parents stood behind her, visibly crying.''

“As a community, we put up over 3,000 posters downtown,” Khairati said. “Despite the fact that these people are removing posters, we want for his name and face to be everywhere so he can be brought home.”

''She says the family has received a few tips about Ikbal’s possible whereabouts and has been trying to help the Vancouver Police Department, which is investigating the man’s whereabouts, but so far there’s been little to no progress.

“An extensive investigation into Irshaad’s disappearance began as soon as VPD were called,” Const. Tania Visintin said in a statement last week.

“This includes a video review from the area Irshaad was last seen, a review of his bank records and his social media accounts, several interviews with those that were with him, and a search of False Creek waters,” she continued.''

poor family
although I think they did understand how much it would hurt the family and that's their perverse enjoyment in doing it
I think he's in the water unfortunately
but if they got separated in the venue, why didn't they just wait at the door for him?

poor family
although I think they did understand how much it would hurt the family and that's their perverse enjoyment in doing it
I think he's in the water unfortunately
but if they got separated in the venue, why didn't they just wait at the door for him?
Inebriated? Went to find somewhere to pee or vomit?

If he's in the water he should've been spotted by now. Assuming the 711 photo is the last known location at Beatty and Smithe which is away from the water.
The 2 photos from that night released by VPD. It appears he is missing his watch on his left wrist.

Attachments

• Irshaad-Ikbal_1.jpg
    Irshaad-Ikbal_1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 25
  • irshaad-ikbal_2.jpg
    irshaad-ikbal_2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 25
If he's in the water he should've been spotted by now. Assuming the 711 photo is the last known location at Beatty and Smithe which is away from the water.
The 2 photos from that night released by VPD. It appears he is missing his watch on his left wrist.
Welcome to Ws @GuiltyPanda, intriguing observation about the watch!

I believe the 7-11 photo would be before the club because it was at midnight and he was last seen at 2am at the nightclub. From one of the original articles posted. I am pretty sure clubs close at 2am in Vancouver so they got separated right at closing time which isn't all that unusual I don't think!

I believe the 7-11 photo would be before the club because it was at midnight and he was last seen at 2am at the nightclub. From one of the original articles posted. I am pretty sure clubs close at 2am in Vancouver so they got separated right at closing time which isn't all that unusual I don't think!

I think it's the opposite. The first photo shows him with not a lock of hair out of space, the top button of his shirt done up and an alert look on his face. The one from 7-11 his hair is messed up, the top buttons on his shirt are undone. That looks more like someone who has been partying, maybe dancing.

It's mentioned that he became separated from his friends while still at the event centre. But was that the time his friends noticed he wasn't around? Maybe he thought his friends had left and made his way over to the 7-11 for some reason. Do we know how they arrived at the event centre? Did they drive or use Uber or a taxi? It also says they got separated at 2 am at the event centre but he was also seen at the 7-11 around the same time. That's a 9 minute walk between the 2 locations.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back