Found Safe Canada - Jasmine Williamson, 6, Scarborough, ON, 10 Apr 2018

I feel like I have more questions now after the briefing lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m really glad Jasmine knew to ask for help rather then just wandering around. And I’m glad the stranger did the right thing.

Where was she from 1 am until she asked for help? So so very strange.

I wonder if she crawled into an unlocked car and hitched a ride, then climbed out when she woke up. Do people still leave their car doors unlocked? That went better with the pajama story than the appropriately dressed story though. Hopefully they’ll provide more details. Glad she was found safe.

Here's what I don't understand with all these kids disappearing while the parent(s) is/are sleeping... after having kids, every little sound wakes me up. I mean, even when they clear their throats or cough, I hear it, no matter what time of night. I have always assumed that this is something nature programs into a mother's brain--a protective thing. But maybe I'm wrong--am I the only mom with a hair-trigger response to my kids being awake!? It could explain why I'm always tired tho :)

A neighbourhood-wide search was launched after she was reported missing from her Scarborough home at about 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, and wasn’t properly dressed for the weather.

Before she was found, Jasmine was last seen in her bed at around 1 a.m., Toronto police Const. David Hopkinson said.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...r-missing-6-year-old-girl-in-scarborough.html

This is what I was looking for.
It sounds like the last time she was checked on was 1AM and then her Mom reported her missing at 7:30
Perhaps Mom works a night shift and checked in on Jasmine when returning from work.

So, did she get up, get herself dressed and manage to leave the apartment without anyone hearing her?
I find that hard to swallow, she was located a long way from home, too far for a six year old to walk in the middle of the night/morning

She is 6, so i think she will be able to tell LE how she got there

As I think about it, if Jasmine has some kind of exceptionality such as being on the spectrum, it is not entirely out of the question that she could travel 14kms on foot over a potential 12-hour period and not be concerned about the temperature or her surroundings. It may also explain her lack of inhibition in leaving her home, on her own, while her mother slept.

I just can't see any scenario where she took some form of transportation, unchallenged.

Regardless, what a great relief she's safe.

I'm gonna go out on a wild speculation and guess that there's absolutely no way she could have walked there. A scenario come to mind, one of which sounds more realistic: a) the guardian staged this for whatever reason. This child was last seen at 1am when she 'went to bed'. Now this could mean 2 things. She actually *went to bed* at this hour, or maybe she was asleep on the couch, and her guardian brought her to her bed where she would technically be 'last seen'. I don't have a rationale as to why this 'guardian' would do this, but there's no way that a 6 year old would have done this on her own. I mean HOW?? There are so many safety risks! Do you mean to tell me that if she DID walk out on her own, that it wouldn't look strange to a passerby or even a car driving by to see a small child walking the streets by herself? Seems strange. Not only that, but her street smarts - what about those? What about crossing intersections? Is she of the knowledge to be able to do that safely? What is the likelihood of her doing this safely without assistance/reminders to 'look both ways'. How does she know? Does she know how to tell the difference between walk and don't walk signs when cars have the right of way to turn left?

I know I'm going off on a tangent, but this case is bothering me because none of it makes sense. I'm hoping we will be provided with an explanation in the coming days.

This is all just speculation. IMHO.

http://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/04/10/missing-girl-found-safe/
She has not been reunited with her mother and police are consulting with Children’s Aid Society.

Paramedics have checked the child and she is okay.
https://www.cp24.com/news/girl-6-found-15-kilometres-away-from-her-scarborough-home-police-1.3878705
Supt. Mark Barkley said the investigation revealed that the girl was “noticed” by other residents of the building at about 5 a.m.
The gap in time between reported sightings and when police were called is now part of the ongoing investigation.
Barkley said investigators spotted Williamson in security camera footage from her building recorded this morning, but would not elaborate on what was seen.
Officers expect to interview Williamson’s mother, who lives at Gilder Avenue as well as her father, who lives elsewhere.

Barkley said they have not ruled out any theory at this point, but say there is no reason to suspect a public safety threat at this point.
rbbbm.

Questions remain as missing 6-year-old Scarborough girl found 15 km away

Police “have far more questions than answers” as they investigate how a 6-year-old girl reported missing from her Scarborough home ended up 15 kilometres away.

[...]

Police were first told that Jasmine was last seen in bed at 1 a.m. in her home at 31 Gilder Dr., near Midland Ave. and Eglinton Ave. E., where the girl was living with her mother.

[...]

“There’s family that’s wrapped around the child and we want to work with the family to see what has transpired here.”

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...r-missing-6-year-old-girl-in-scarborough.html

Recently in Australia there was a 3-year-old who managed 5km in 12 hours. I have no doubt a 6 year-old could do 14km. (https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...a-James-Skillen-3-Razorback-NSW-31-March-2018)
I wonder if she woke up, couldn’t find a parent/guardian and decided to go looking...perhaps trying to remember the way to a friend’s/neighbor’s and getting lost.
Canadian kids do have it drummed into them at an early age to dress for the cold when leaving the house, so I find even her putting on coat, hat and boots by herself possible.

NEWSTALK1010 Verified account

@NEWSTALK1010
15s16 seconds ago

#BREAKING: Two women have been arrested and charged in connection with the six-year-old girl who went missing this morning in Scarborough & was found hours later halfway across the city

OK so are they related to her? We know her identity already.

Public mischief? I hope if they are responsible for this other charges would be coming?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500