Found Deceased Canada - Jessica Rowe, 31, Drumbo, Ont, 6 Aug 2016

Oh wow
So so horrible and sad. My condolences to your friend.

So can I just ask for clarification-- the family doesn't agree with the police ruling then? They think it's suspicious and not suicide?

I don't know that for a fact, but if it was me and someone I cared about I don't think that I would be satisfied with the ruling or I would at least have a very hard time believing/understanding it. Again, I don't know all the evidence that they were presented with.

I don't know that for a fact, but if it was me and someone I cared about I don't think that I would be satisfied with the ruling or I would at least have a very hard time believing/understanding it. Again, I don't know all the evidence that they were presented with.

Thank you. Very interesting. I hope the family can convince the police to look closer, or maybe a PI, if they think someone else did this. I sure hope they find the answers they need.

Why does anyone think LE made the wrong ruling?
I am not sure I understand.

Because the "No foul play," ruling at this point tends to imply suicide, and Jessica seemed happy. Her facebook is filled with nothing but smiling pictures, she had a new baby, a fiance, friends, and a job.

I posted earlier in the thread but just continued to lurk, but Someone I trust is part of her extended family and she shared earlier that it wasn't ruled suspicious. And I was told a few things that I don't consider a rumour based on my source.

I know what I was told is the cause of death and it's pretty brutual and not normal of a suicide. I didn't pry and ask about the evidence the family was given, but itmwould be be interesting to know how the police came to their conclusion. None of this is posted in the media, so I'm not sure if what I have posted is allowed, but it seems like everyone on this site truly cares about this case and Jessica that I wanted to share what little I felt comfortable with.

In in any case, this is so extremely sad for everyone regardless of the details.

Oh wow
So so horrible and sad. My condolences to your friend.

So can I just ask for clarification-- the family doesn't agree with the police ruling then? They think it's suspicious and not suicide?

At least one person that we are aware of, who happens to have a few more relevant details than we do, is having a difficult time believing/understanding/being satisfied with this determination.

For myself, although I do not know anyone involved personally, the outcome is too unbelievable to me to accept it. I will never believe that this seemingly happy young woman who seemed tickled with her soon-to-be-one-year-old child, would not have sought some major professional help and reached out to those closest to her, for a depression so deep that it was causing her to have thoughts of leaving her child motherless with what will surely be lifelong issues and perhaps stigma, and not even so much as a note.

The eventual determination by police was obviously not an obvious one, hence the over-two-months that it took to reach the determination, the tip-line, the special investigations unit, the searches, etc. We put all of our trust and faith into our police to do the best they can with what they have and what they are able to find out, but at the end of the day, they are human, they can make mistakes, they can be wrong, and they may not have discovered all of the information yet.

In a trial, the jurors are asked to weigh *all* of the evidence as a whole, and not zero in on one aspect, determine believability, make decisions as to whether the players are telling the truth, use common sense, etc. If the same things were applied in this case, based on what we have thus far been told, and otherwise sleuthed, it does not make sense on a number of fronts.

I don't know this, but my guess is that the family knows a certain number of things, and the rest, the police may have kept from them. If the family and loved ones seek more answers than what they're being told, I hope they find them and come to a point of acceptance, one way or another.

I believe it is not all that common that a suicide is not looked upon in hindsight as having had signs, yet we have not heard one speck of that from anywhere, to my knowledge. Sure, a depressed person *may* be able to hide it to an extent, but there are signs which become more apparent and start to make more sense after the fact.

It has been known to happen that murders are ruled as suicides and perps end up walking free. If I was found dead and had no signs, before or after, of such a depression as to leave my child motherless, I would hope my family would pursue the matter on my behalf until they were satisfied they had received all of the answers. JR can't do that for herself. jmo

If suicide, I realize it is a very bitter pill to swallow.

At first, LE ruled suspicious and after two and a half months, have decided no foul play, based, they say, on autopsy and tox results
I feel that Le did weigh all of the evidence and the evidence must point to no foul play.
Its possible based on rumors that the method (if Suicide) used was non traditional leading LE to do a full investigation.
These are my hopes...

As I have said before, I really don't know anything about JR's life. It is very apparent that she was well loved, a good person.
Well loved, good people have issues too.
Never heard a word about her life in the days and weeks before her death, only heard about the big things, birthdays, wedding.
SM has not posted anything in the way of facts, mostly feelings for a much loved friend

If suicide, I believe there are things that those close to her are NOW aware of
I do not expect to see any of that posted anywhere.
She had a loyal and devoted group of friends, which speaks volumes about the person she was.
I agree, LE is very capable of mistakes.
We have heard nothing about depression , we have also heard nothing about trouble in her relationships or if she had enemies
I have not read one negative comment about her closest associates, friends, family

My niece committed suicide. believe me or don't believe me... NOBODY saw that coming

I agree. The family is staying silent in this case so we have very little info. We don't even know if they're accepting of this verdict or not.

I have no trouble believing this might be a suicide. It's way more common that most people know. More people die by suicide than die in car accidents.
About 10% are 'impulse' suicides, where there is no prior warning. Having a child under 1 year old is a major risk factor. A leading cause of death
for pregnant women and women with a child under 1 year old is suicide.

It seems as though it's not the suicide, per se, that people find so unbelievable, but more so the actual cause of death. There is a post upthread by someone who knows the family and they stated that the cause of death was a very atypical and "brutal" way to commit suicide. Couple that with the rumours on social media that JR had to be identified via dental records and that the inside of her car was burnt, and it seems quite clear that JR's death was horrific.

First time i am hearing about dental records or a car being burnt

not doubting what you read, I just hadn't heard that

It seems as though it's not the suicide, per se, that people find so unbelievable, but more so the actual cause of death. There is a post upthread by someone who knows the family and they stated that the cause of death was a very atypical and "brutal" way to commit suicide. Couple that with the rumours on social media that JR had to be identified via dental records and that the inside of her car was burnt, and it seems quite clear that JR's death was horrific.

First time i am hearing about dental records or a car being burnt

not doubting what you read, I just hadn't heard that

Here is the discussion about the dental records rumour:

A relative of mine works in retail in Cambridge and she has heard from a few customers, that when JR was found, she was unrecognizable. Although all of her ID was with her, they had to rely on dental records to confirm her identity. This is hearsay at best, and secondhand. It seems to align with all the reports indicating a delay in confirming her identity.

Im friends with someone who is part of her extended family and this matches up with what I heard as well.

And the comment about the burnt car was on FB - it's a rumour as well and could be wildly false.

Here is the discussion about the dental records rumour:

And the comment about the burnt car was on FB - it's a rumour as well and could be wildly false.

Thank you
I read AND thanked that post but it completely left my mind:blushing:

[...]
I believe it is not all that common that a suicide is not looked upon in hindsight as having had signs, yet we have not heard one speck of that from anywhere, to my knowledge. Sure, a depressed person *may* be able to hide it to an extent, but there are signs which become more apparent and start to make more sense after the fact. [...]

I wouldn't put too much stock in that particular detail. Firstly, a good proportion of suicides do not involve depression. Secondly, the family has been tight-lipped. So there may or may not have been signs, we can't say.

On the other hand, if this was, indeed, suicide by fire, they can test for soot in the airway and elevated carbon monoxide in the blood. Those findings would be consistent with this being a suicide (as opposed to a cover-up). They typically would share these findings with the immediate family, who may or may not choose to share them with others. If they wish to maintain privacy, the fewer people told the better.

If this was a fire, it's interesting it went out without breaking any windows and with the car still running afterward. Possible, I suppose.

This is likely unrelated, however when I first started reading it, I thought omg, this is about JR's case! But it can't be because the dates aren't right. Interesting, nonetheless. So glad that they've id'd a suspect, but they can't tell us in what crime!

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/20...uld-involve-woodstock-london-oxford-and-brant

The mystery of this will be known tomorrow. My local news (CTV) said police will make a statement about it at 10:00 a.m.
It will be streamed live on the CTV site.

if they still had tours going, I would sign up in a minute! I think the tours were offered prior to its opening? lmk if you know differently!

it has been 2 months since her body was found. if her death was attributable to a product she was using, i'm confident they would have confirmation of this by now, they wouldn't need a tipline any more, the family wouldn't be suggesting a 'murderer' is responsible, and i don't think police would be reported in the news as saying they need tips on this 'crime'.

did someone else on this thread mention something along the lines of, 'the lady dost protest too much'? i'm getting the same impression from the same person. in the days and weeks following such a sudden and mysterious death, wouldn't one be immersed in grief and coming to grips with the realities of a new life without that additional income, childcare support, and personal attachment, as opposed to showing the world happy dappy photos that seemed to not be important enough to have been posted previously?

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/the_lady_doth_protest_toomuch.

YES
Had to edit my response , new to websleuth and didn't realize I broke the rules .
Sorry y'all
But in discussing theories objectively, it sometimes seems unavoidable.
I sincerely hope that there is a break in the case SOON.
Especially for her little guys sake .
</3

Also interesting to note that now that LE have ruled 'not suspicious' and 'no foul play', the protestations have ceased. Hmm. Not convinced.

Seems many of the Rowe family members on SM have the Justice for Jessica profile pics up still..... My thoughts are LE have told the family and the media they are not investigating because they want "someone" to start making some mistakes... just a theory and who knows, does LE ever use this tactic? I don't buy that she took her own life, I just don't! She would have left a note to her son if nothing else. God bless her family, I hope they will someday get the justice that she deserves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just came across news of what appears to be JR's stepbrother (dad's SO's son) who has just been charged with CP (part of the ON sting). Guy is 41yo. I think that's too big of a coincidence and have to wonder if JR had inklings and was going to report/etc. Opens up a whole new layer anyways. Was going through the guy's mom's FB page & came across JR's picture and started connecting dots.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back