Found Deceased Canada - Kathleen Rose Ferraz-Duchesneau, 25, car found abandoned, Devon, Alberta, 6 Jan 2019

cybervampira

Reaction score
RCMP search for missing Devon woman after vehicle abandoned

The RCMP in Devon have issued a missing persons report for 25-year-old Kathleen Rose Ferraz-Duchesneau.

On Sunday at 11:10 p.m., police said Ferraz-Duchesneau’s vehicle was seen parked and running in the median between the north and southbound lanes of Highway 60, just south of the Devon Bridge.

Her family has not heard from her since that time and is actively coordinating search efforts in and around the river, according to her sister, Alexandra Ferraz.
upload_2019-1-9_16-16-40.png upload_2019-1-9_16-22-3.jpeg

Kieran Quirke

police said they have no reason to suspect foul play but where could she be without her car in chilly weather?

Surely if she was alright she would have made contact, or do young women leave their cars running and just go because they feel like an invigorating walk? Sometimes I really wonder about the Police and the way they think.

Worrying proximity to the river...car found in the medium between north and southbound lanes near the bridge:
AB-60, Devon, AB T9G 1B2
Google Maps
You can see the bridge in the photo of her at the top of this thread. It's quite high...and with temperatures hovering in the -16C range , the river is mostly ice.

Does anybody from the area know if there would be good cell connection near that bridge? Could her wheels have been stuck in the icy snow ruts and she left her car to call for help?
The first reports seem to suggest that there was an accident and although Kathleen’s car was undamaged there was debris in the snow...
Strange that the car was still running...

Does anybody from the area know if there would be good cell connection near that bridge? Could her wheels have been stuck in the icy snow ruts and she left her car to call for help?
The first reports seem to suggest that there was an accident and although Kathleen’s car was undamaged there was debris in the snow...
Strange that the car was still running...

Yes, there is 100% cell phone coverage. Devon is really only about 20-25 minutes SE of Edmonton.

However, I think one of the articles mentioned that Kathleen left her cell at home. I’ll have to search to find that again though.

Last edited:
There are a couple of interesting comments in this article:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/local/edmonton/2019/1/8/1_4244968.html

Of particular interest are comments made by Kathleen’s brother-on-law:

“Lemoine said police believe she got into a vehicle because there were few footprints at the scene, but he isn’t so sure.”

“When the cop came to my house, I got dressed right away and went to the bridge where she crashed her vehicle.”

Just my opinion, but if the police told the family that “she crashed her vehicle”, that doesn’t sound like a planned action i.e. that Kathleen parked her vehicle and left to go somewhere or do something.

It may have been late at night, but it’s a pretty big highway, with two lanes in each direction and lots of trucks going 100-110 km/h. You don’t just park on the meridian.

Yes, there is 100% cell phone coverage. Devon is really only about 20-25 minutes SE of Edmonton.

However, I think one of the articles mentioned that Kathleen left her cell at home. I’ll have to search to find that again though.
Yes, I just saw something on the Missing FB page that her phone was left at home...
If she came off the road was stuck in the icy snow between the lanes she might have tried to walk for help, but the car still running is worrying.
The debris on the road may be a coincidence and left from an earlier accident.
Hard to get a feel from any source about where she was going to or from, at what time of day or in what state of mind...

There are a couple of interesting comments in this article:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/local/edmonton/2019/1/8/1_4244968.html

Of particular interest are comments made by Kathleen’s brother-on-law:

“Lemoine said police believe she got into a vehicle because there were few footprints at the scene, but he isn’t so sure.”

“When the cop came to my house, I got dressed right away and went to the bridge where she crashed her vehicle.”

Just my opinion, but if the police told the family that “she crashed her vehicle”, that doesn’t sound like a planned action i.e. that Kathleen parked her vehicle and left to go somewhere or do something.

It may have been late at night, but it’s a pretty big highway, with two lanes in each direction and lots of trucks going 100-110 km/h. You don’t just park on the meridian.

Kathleen's case sounds ominous of a bump and grab. Not a difficult thing to accomplish and better done at dark. What time of day did this fender bender take place? Highly doubtful that she would leave her car running with the keys in it, especially with minor damage and if it was in driving condition. Why would she leave her cell phone at home? Was she in a hurry to go somewhere or meet someone? That's the only time when I leave my phone at home, when I'm in a rush and forget it.
In so far as "he isn't so sure," wouldn't it be better to be a little more sure and in the essence of time make time of that essence instead of allowing it to slip away into forgetfulness? How about K-Division North get a copy of K-Division South's "more sure" handbook and stop letting the first 48 slip away into space and disappear without a trace?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back