CANADA CANADA - Kenora, Ontario, WhtFem, 35-55, Glasses, Found in Tent, 17 Jun 2009

Unidentified Human Remains Canada is featuring Millie’s case this month with the goal of matching her DNA with those of possible family members in the northwestern Ontario area, to help bring closure to her family.

On June 17, 2009, a hiker walking close to the Trans-Canada discovered her body in a small one-person tent in a wooded area near Miller Rapids Road in Kenora, just off of Veterans Drive near the Highway 17A Bypass intersection.

The Kenora OPP say Millie had pitched her tent along Rideout Bay, and as recently as one to two days before she was found, she had used a hibachi stove to cook inside of her tent. Her cause of death was deemed to be accidental carbon monoxide poisoning from the stove.

Millie is estimated to have been born between 1954 and 1974, making her between 35 and 55 at the time she was discovered. She was Caucasian, roughly 5’4” and 110 lbs, wore oval wire-framed glasses, had shoulder-length brown hair and wore heavy hiking gear.

The OPP’s investigation found that Millie had at one time undergone major facial reconstruction surgery, which was likely done 20 to 30 years prior to her death. The woman also likely wore braces in adulthood, and spots on her lower teeth suggest she was a smoker.

Unidentified Humans Remains Canada says Millie’s DNA matches reveal Danish ancestry and her ancestors may have immigrated from Denmark’s Jutland Peninsula to North America within recent generations, but they note this has been a challenging case for their genealogy team.

Notably, among her possessions was the novel ‘A Long Way Down’ by Nick Hornby, a dark comedy with themes of suicide.
1657312000314.png

She didn’t have much in the way of possessions. Anyone else notice that those beads look a LOT like the ones they toss out at parades in New Orleans? I was there in November and got some. I wonder if she had been to Mardi Gras? Not that it would help much to know that.
Canadian LE doesn’t like to share info on cases. I guess this will be solved when we get a useful DNA hit. The database grows daily.

Mary is believed to be the victim of a homicide. I don't think this is her.
I don’t think this looks like Mary. I am her sister in law and have been trying to find her for years. I assisted in getting her reported missing. We believe she “went missing” in Las Vegas. She was with her husband at that time, he is also missing but he went missing in 2013. There were some remains recently found outside Vegas so I have reached out to the coroners office to see if they can check those remains against Mary. We do believe Mary is no longer with us and I want to find the truth of what happened to Mary for her son. He deserves the truth and should not have to spend his life thinking his mom abandoned him because that was the story his dad told him. I saw you have previously posted in here regarding Mary, what is your interest in her case? Just glad to see I’m not the only one talking about her.

I don’t think this looks like Mary. I am her sister in law and have been trying to find her for years. I assisted in getting her reported missing. We believe she “went missing” in Las Vegas. She was with her husband at that time, he is also missing but he went missing in 2013. There were some remains recently found outside Vegas so I have reached out to the coroners office to see if they can check those remains against Mary. We do believe Mary is no longer with us and I want to find the truth of what happened to Mary for her son. He deserves the truth and should not have to spend his life thinking his mom abandoned him because that was the story his dad told him. I saw you have previously posted in here regarding Mary, what is your interest in her case? Just glad to see I’m not the only one talking about her.
Just 'bumped' the thread!

Mary is believed to be the victim of a homicide. I don't think this is her.
Also, I think Mary had Prader-Willi syndrome. Some of the facial characteristics she had suggest that. PW syndrome is the one that can make people feel they are never full and can eat incessantly becoming quite obese although it can be managed.

Edit: perhaps @CherBear629 can verify that fact.

Also, I think Mary had Prader-Willi syndrome. Some of the facial characteristics she had suggest that. PW syndrome is the one that can make people feel they are never full and can eat incessantly becoming quite obese although it can be managed.

Edit: perhaps @CherBear629 can verify that fact.
I'm skeptical of that because of this info in Mary's NAMUS profile: "Over the years she had facial reconstructive surgeries. She also had dental and jawline surgeries." as well as her average weight.

I'm skeptical of that because of this info in Mary's NAMUS profile: "Over the years she had facial reconstructive surgeries. She also had dental and jawline surgeries." as well as her average weight.
She has a lot of the characteristics of someone with PWS. She has unusually light skin and hair (not sure if the platinum hair is dyed). She is of small stature. She has a flatter bridge on her nose. A very thin upper lip and in pics it appears she has a smooth philtrum. It would be interesting to know what the facial reconstructions were for. Many people with PWS are not diagnosed until they are in late teens or early adult phase. If a male had PWS they are unable to have children but a female can. Not all of them have the classic overeating phenomenon which results in extreme obesity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormiSkye
Back