CANADA Canada - Laura Huebner 47, Victoria Inter Airport, poss in Nanaimo, Vancouver, BC, 24 Apr 2022

No news? She's been missing for 2 and a half weeks.

Anything new? Has the body found floating off Protection Island been identified? Prayers for her loved ones ... this situation and the lack of news/progress must be awful. I sure hope they are being given more information than we are! Moo

This is Laura's FB page. There is a post dated February 1st in which someone in the comments posted the RCMP bulletin about her being missing encouraging her to contact her family as she was reported missing. In some of the replies, a Jr R ML replies asking people to call police if they've seen her and further in the replies, asks someone else in the reply thread to send them a link of the boat that LE were allegedly investigating.

On the surface, it may not be anything really. Maybe they know her or maybe they're just into missing person's cases. It's a highly anonymized profile. More so than usual, it seems. There are however some photos of Fisherman's Wharf in Victoria and some boats which kind of got me thinking. There is also another commenter in the reply thread that questions Jr R ML about having a similar boat and dingy to the one that was found.

I'm not saying Jr R ML is involved it's just the highly anonymized nature of the profile, photos of Fisherman's Wharf in Victoria and high interest in Laura's case got me a little concerned.
I read the comments, CREEPY.

I read the comments, CREEPY.
I know! I've been going back and forth on whether to report it to LE. But they may be aware of her social media and keeping an eye on it already. I don't know.

Is there no news at all from local LE agencies?
Nothing as of late from LE. The most recent RCMP news bulletin is dated May 2, 2022. I have a bad feeling about all this. It would be great to get her case out there more but there's so little to go on.

I know! I've been going back and forth on whether to report it to LE. But they may be aware of her social media and keeping an eye on it already. I don't know.

Nothing as of late from LE. The most recent RCMP news bulletin is dated May 2, 2022. I have a bad feeling about all this. It would be great to get her case out there more but there's so little to go on.

Do we have any idea if the boat that was impounded was the one she had photographed?

There must be SOME information out there. The longer this goes on the worse it gets.

This must just be awful for her family and friends.

Do we have any idea if the boat that was impounded was the one she had photographed?
Nothing has been confirmed as far as I know. I don't know if there's an publicly available info from LE on this. I wouldn't even know how to check.

There must be SOME information out there. The longer this goes on the worse it gets.
I know! More info is desperately needed here. It's getting scary now. It would be great to get her story out on podcasts YouTube channels that cover missing persons cases but there's such a lack of info on Laura's case. Her friends and family must be going out of their minds with worry. I wish there was more we could do for them all.

Nothing has been confirmed as far as I know. I don't know if there's an publicly available info from LE on this. I wouldn't even know how to check.

I know! More info is desperately needed here. It's getting scary now. It would be great to get her story out on podcasts YouTube channels that cover missing persons cases but there's such a lack of info on Laura's case. Her friends and family must be going out of their minds with worry. I wish there was more we could do for them all.
Are there any BOLO or ABP bulletins from LE for her as a missing person?

Are there any BOLO or ABP bulletins from LE for her as a missing person?
Weird. She wasn't put on Canada's National Missing Person Registry. I found an email for it and requested she be added to it. I don't understand. I thought RCMP would push missing persons cases out all over the country. It mentioned something about tips so I added my concern over the comments made by Jr R ML on her Facebook post as well.

look for BH comments
BH links to a specific profile in one of his comments. Though it's a different profile to the Jr R ML profile I found comments from on Laura's profile, the boats are the same. Also the same kind of anonymized profile other than an actual name on the one BH mentions. If everything is as it seems, this might be the same person with two profiles and he is aware of Laura. I have a very bad feeling about all this.

It's been a month since Laura arrived on Vancouver Island.

Weeks since any news.

Nothing apparently from her family.

Nothing from LE

What is going on?
I keep checking but there's been nothing. It's so frustratingly quiet. The missing person bulletin is still up on the Nanaimo RCMP website. I'm sure it would have been taken down if she had been found or if the investigation changed to something more sinister, imo. I haven't seen or heard anything about bodies turning up (I'm in Victoria).

The boat photo she texted her dad has been on my mind. From the angle, it appears she's on the boat. RCMP have secured the boat so she was most likely not on it when they seized it. There are people familiar with the boat (allegedly named Sugar Bear) in the comment thread on this Facebook post. However, I looked up the boat name mentioned and it is NOT owned by the guy they mention. At least not officially. There are only two boats with the name of Sugar Bear and only one that's actively registered which happens to be in Victoria. Keep in mind anyone in the boat registry or on the Facebook post are totally innocent until proven otherwise by LE.

All of this just makes things feel even more bizarre.

Any reason she would have to change her identity and start anew?

Big lottery wins in her area? Crimes she might have been associated with?

Any reason she would have to change her identity and start anew?

Big lottery wins in her area? Crimes she might have been associated with?
I don't think so. According to the bits of interviews with friends and family (which isn't a whole lot), her life seems pretty normal and she was planning on coming back. Friends and family worried after tourist abruptly vanishes on Vancouver Island

There is a human trafficking problem in Victoria but they seem to target people younger than Laura. Undercover operation exposes prominent human trafficking problem in Greater Victoria

I just don’t understand the lack of information/news. Are they searching? Investigating? Interviewing? Why so quiet? I sure hope her family are being kept in the loop. It must be so difficult. Moo

It's as though there is some secret to all of this. As if she wanted to disappear and her family and LE are not concerned about it, or ...I dunno.

Does Canada have a Witness Protection Program?

It's as though there is some secret to all of this. As if she wanted to disappear and her family and LE are not concerned about it, or ...I dunno.
There's an article posted in this thread done with friends and family. They're definitely concerned about her. Maybe they don't know what to do and are just as frustrated as everyone else with the seemly little progress in this case.

As for RCMP, they're extremely tight lipped when there's something suspicious going on (the thing with the boat and meeting a strange man online). All LE are like that but it seems more so with the RCMP, imo. Of course they want to protect their investigation, but keeping people updated can be helpful too. I wish they could understand that. Lots of LE in the US for example are great about keeping updates going in a case like this, imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back