Canada - Liana White, 29, Edmonton AB, 12 July 2005 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
montana_16 said:
I have a question for hospital workers. What is a hopital clerk? I'm asking that to know why they wear scrubs. Do they always wear them to work? Thanks.

Usually "clerk" refers to a "ward clerk", which loosely translated is somewhat of a secretary who works right there with the nurses and MD's in a particular unit in the hosp, assisting with all the organization of patient info and charts, and tons of other paperwork regarding all aspects of a patient's care. There isn't anything done in a hospital that doesn't involve at least one piece of paperwork and/or computer work. Nurses do a ton of paperwork when it comes to charting of their patient care, but most of the other paperwork and general organization of unit operation is handled by the clerk. A shift without a ward clerk, on a busy unit, would not be a pleasant shift.

In the hospitals I've worked at, the clerks always wore clothing similar to that of the other staff involved in patient care, so scrubs would be pretty normal for Liana to wear to work.

fourboys said:
From that article

Edmonton — A forensics team spent Saturday combing the house of a pregnant woman who vanished last week, but investigators say the search is standard procedure. Police have been looking for Liana White, 29, since her abandoned SUV was found Tuesday near her home with her keys inside.

Officers said they conducted a cursory search of White's home on Tuesday, but returned Saturday for a more thorough examination that might lead to clues on her whereabouts.

“Investigators want to emphasize that this is standard procedure and in fact, it is logical that they would return to the last spot where Liana was seen,” Edmonton police said in a media release on Saturday.

============

Okay, if Mr. White is innocent - these searches really have to P*** him off - I know I would be fuming - standard proceedure or not - if I had nothing to do with my loved ones disappearance and the Police were now on their second search.

and still - no reward offered for info, no more details on Liana, no more pleas - something rotten in demark IMO

mom-a-licious said:
montana_16 said:
I have a question for hospital workers. What is a hopital clerk? I'm asking that to know why they wear scrubs. Do they always wear them to work? Thanks.

Usually "clerk" refers to a "ward clerk", which loosely translated is somewhat of a secretary who works right there with the nurses and MD's in a particular unit in the hosp, assisting with all the organization of patient info and charts, and tons of other paperwork regarding all aspects of a patient's care. There isn't anything done in a hospital that doesn't involve at least one piece of paperwork and/or computer work. Nurses do a ton of paperwork when it comes to charting of their patient care, but most of the other paperwork and general organization of unit operation is handled by the clerk. A shift without a ward clerk, on a busy unit, would not be a pleasant shift.

In the hospitals I've worked at, the clerks always wore clothing similar to that of the other staff involved in patient care, so scrubs would be pretty normal for Liana to wear to work.

I work in a hospital. It is recommended that clerks wear scrubs. They cannot force clerks to wear them as they (the hospital) will not pay for them, but they prefer it as then everyone looks the same. Scrubs are cheap and comfortable so most clerks will wear them.

Casshew said:
From that article

Edmonton — A forensics team spent Saturday combing the house of a pregnant woman who vanished last week, but investigators say the search is standard procedure. Police have been looking for Liana White, 29, since her abandoned SUV was found Tuesday near her home with her keys inside.

Officers said they conducted a cursory search of White's home on Tuesday, but returned Saturday for a more thorough examination that might lead to clues on her whereabouts.

“Investigators want to emphasize that this is standard procedure and in fact, it is logical that they would return to the last spot where Liana was seen,” Edmonton police said in a media release on Saturday.

============

Okay, if Mr. White is innocent - these searches really have to P*** him off - I know I would be fuming - standard proceedure or not - if I had nothing to do with my loved ones disappearance and the Police were now on their second search.

and still - no reward offered for info, no more details on Liana, no more pleas - something rotten in demark IMO

I dont know about his family situation, but considering he is ex military and now a mechanic and she is a clerk...I dont think they are rolling in dough. Maybe just maybe his family and her family are financially strapped and cannot afford to put up a reward. I guess if someone came to offer them a reward to put up then maybe there will be one. Its not like the states where big groups like the carol sund foundation come up with large rewards. I doubt the police would give money for information. They would tell you to call burn a buddy (crimestoppers) and be eligible for $1,000.00!!

I know if I went missing, my hubby would not have much to put up as a reward...maybe free computer tech support for life LOL.

linnafay said:
Its not like the states where big groups like the carol sund foundation come up with large rewards. I doubt the police would give money for information. They would tell you to call burn a buddy (crimestoppers) and be eligible for $1,000.00!!
Linnafay, thats the whole point about bonding and connection - that I was trying to make before... if the family was on the news talking about Liana, pleaing for her - local businesses would start offering $, and members of the community. They need to reach out though, get Liana's story to the public.. still I have only seen the one shot of her - you think they would put a pic up that shows her body so people know who they are watching for.

Casshew said:
Linnafay, thats the wholpoint about bonding and connection - that Iwas trying to make before... if the family was on the news talking about Liana, pleaing for her - local businesses would start offering $, and members of the community. They need to reach out though.

your right. The only thing I can think of is that maybe they do not come from "good" families? Maybe she is not close to her family? Or..maybe they want to talk to the tv but the tv isnt interested in putting them on?

Who knows..but I agree..it is weird.

We have only lived here in Cold Lake three years, but I am certain if anything happened to any of us, there would be a large group of people rallying around the return. Personally, I cannot believe the military has not organized something. Even though he is ex military, there is usually such a "family" feel that they would normally be helping out. I know we have had a few tragedies here with deaths and the military has been there to help out. The one pilot who died two years ago, his parents house burned down recently, and the airforce set up a fundraiser to help them out. They lost everything, including all their pictures and the squadron presented them with a framed picture of their son. I cannot say for sure that the army is the same, but I think it would be.

linnafay said:
We have only lived here in Cold Lake three years, but I am certain if anything happened to any of us, there would be a large group of people rallying around the return. Personally, I cannot believe the military has not organized something. Even though he is ex military, there is usually such a "family" feel that they would normally be helping out.
Good point! I don't think we are reading more into this because of our experience with other cases... and even the reward thing... you don't have to have the cash right there, you pledge to pay X amount of dollars...

We pledged 1000.00 for the reward for [size=-1]Cecilia Zhang information (local girl who went missing) we filled out the pledge form that was mailed to us, but didn't have to send the $$.
[/size]

From what I have heard and read the media is very interested in talking with them. Only problem is, no one is talking. On the missing posters, there is a body shot of Liana. If you watch any video, you have to be quick to see it.

Jess said:
On the missing posters, there is a body shot of Liana.
Well that is good news... ignore my last posts on that topic, if this is the case... good move for LE & the family

http:/edmsun.canoe.ca/News/Edmonton/2005/07/17/1135340_sun.html

Many Join in Search

I will be in Edmonton tomorrow until Wednesday. I am sure we will take a look see while we are there. Maybe we can join in the search?

So is Mrs. !
I guess her and I had both better run for the hills, since both of our hunny's are Scorpios!

:crazy:

lauriej said:
yep.........and the fact that willie nelson is in town........i saw more news clips of him tonite than lianna.....
Willie Nelson?? Good Lord. :doh:

Too bad Fox can't offer Greta's services over there. A few shock jocks with bullhorns would be sure to follow.

linnafay said:
I will be in Edmonton tomorrow until Wednesday. I am sure we will take a look see while we are there. Maybe we can join in the search?
I was thinking the same thing. I'll likely be in Edmonton Tuesday or Wednesday - wonder if they are organizing anything?

Cass, you are so right, it is quite wierd there is so little new information, and so little media coverage. This is uncharacteristic of Edmonton. I remember when Sheila Salter went missing, maybe 10 years ago, and we were rivited to the news, and the coverage was pretty heavy. Of course, there was blood evidence at the scene of her abduction, so clearly, a crime had been committed.

I am wondering if the police know more, or suspect more than they are telling us. For example, if they have reason to suspect she has mental health issues or issues related to her pregnancy, I don't think they could comment publicly on her private medical matters. In the meantime, until they are sure, they have to follow standard procedure and that includes searching the home.

As far as no family, perhaps they simply don't have much family?

Search of home may take days
Husband 'absolutely' OK with decision as police seek 'anything that will lead us to Liana White'
Michelle ThompsonThe Edmonton Journal

July 17, 2005

EDMONTON -- Police launched an intensive search of Liana White's house Saturday for clues while volunteers scoured woods nearby for the missing expectant mother.
The house on Warwick Crescent in the Castle Downs area of the city is home to White, 29, her husband Michael and their two-year-old daughter Ashley. Officials initially did what they termed a "cursory" check of the house on July 12, the day Liana's abandoned SUV was found in a parking lot near her home.

They're hopeful a second, more thorough search, which may take several days, will provide some answers.

"We're trying to find any clues that will lead us to where she might be," said Sgt. Guy Kinney. "We're looking for anything that will lead us to Liana White.

"We're being as thorough as we can possibly be."

Kinney said White's husband is "absolutely" OK with the search by the Forensic Identification Services Section of the city force. The step shouldn't be considered unusual, he added, since the home was the last place White was seen.

link to the article:

http://www.canada.com/edmonton/edmontonjournal/news/story.html?id=ce58302e-b5a4-449f-bbfe-c9d99a8a6a61

That the husband is ok with the forensic unit being there is a good sign. It would either indicate he did not kill her....or.....he did not kill her at home :doh:

mom-a-licious said:
montana_16 said:

Thank you very much for the information mom-a-licious.
Here we go with another sad, sad story. Also, thank you all medical workers for your hard work and dedication.

Good evening everyone!

Ok, I went and took a lot of pictures of the area today, I will put them in an album right away and share the link.

Back in a bit.

Karma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members