CANADA Canada - Lisa Marie Young, 21, Nanaimo, BC, 30 June 2002

Nanaimo marches for answers about missing woman Lisa Marie Young - Nanaimo News Bulletin

upload_2020-6-28_22-45-25.jpeg
Nanaimo marches for answers about missing woman Lisa Marie Young
March happened Sunday morning, Lights out for Lisa event is Tuesday, June 30.

Community members gathered to march in memory of a Nanaimo woman who has been missing 18 years, and to ask for answers that have never come in that time.

Several dozen people met Sunday at the Nanaimo RCMP detachment and marched to the waterfront to draw attention to the case of Lisa Marie Young, who went missing June 30, 2002.

Nanaimo Mayor Leonard Krog has proclaimed Tuesday, June 30, as Lights on for Lisa. The Bastion will be lit in Young’s favourite colour, lime green, and citizens are encouraged to leave their patio lights on that night.

New information and technology help Vancouver Island RCMP in case of missing woman - Victoria News

This month marks 19 years since Lisa Marie Young disappeared and police on Vancouver Island say they are following new leads in the investigation.

Young, an Indigenous woman, disappeared in Nanaimo in the early-morning hours on June 30, 2002, in a case police consider a homicide. Investigators gave an update at a press conference at the RCMP detachment in Nanaimo on Saturday, June 26.

Many investigators have worked on the file over the 19 years and Cpl. Markus Muntener, current co-lead investigator, said new information has come to light. Muntener said there is information he can’t share, as it is an active investigation, but police have “completed numerous searches in the last year.

So, are there many red jags in Nanaimo, were many used ones sold that year?
From link, rbbm.
''She accepted a ride from a house party to get food from man in a red Jaguar she had met earlier in the evening. Young later phoned a friend to say she was in the car on a Bowen Rd. driveway and being held against her will.

Nanaimo RCMP confirmed the driver of the jaguar remains a person of interest.''

So, are there many red jags in Nanaimo, were many used ones sold that year?

I have never seen a red Jaguar, ever, anywhere in the world. (They are usually British Racing Green... then some other colours occasionally, but not red.) That doesn't meant they don't exist... but Jaguars are not common, and red ones, much less so.

I have never seen a red Jaguar, ever, anywhere in the world. (They are usually British Racing Green... then some other colours occasionally, but not red.) That doesn't meant they don't exist... but Jaguars are not common, and red ones, much less so.
Owned by his granny?
Disappearance of Lisa Marie Young - Wikipedia

Image of the model of the red Jaguar Lisa Marie Young was last seen in with Christopher William Adair.

Christopher William Adair was interviewed two months after Young's disappearance.[4] Adair was previously convicted of assault,[12] fraud,[13] and theft[14] in Kamloops, British Columbia, and unauthorized use of credit cards[15] in Edmonton, Alberta. ''

Owned by his granny?
Disappearance of Lisa Marie Young - Wikipedia

Image of the model of the red Jaguar Lisa Marie Young was last seen in with Christopher William Adair.

Christopher William Adair was interviewed two months after Young's disappearance.[4] Adair was previously convicted of assault,[12] fraud,[13] and theft[14] in Kamloops, British Columbia, and unauthorized use of credit cards[15] in Edmonton, Alberta. ''

Thanks dotr... don't know how I missed in a previous post that we know who had the red Jaguar... makes things more clear, does it not?

Pisses me off that this guy was interviewed and he walks. I get it, I have seen similar cases. No body... no crime. Police have kept their eye on him probably the entire time, but probably don't have anything to go on. All he has to say is he dropped her off somewhere. Even if he is lying, still no proof. Bless these parents for their calm, because after I heard about the text of behind held against her will, me and the main suspect would have had a talk at some point. I don't think he would have liked it.

(registered just to bump this thread.)

Lisa's case is coming up on 20 years at the end of the month.

Wikipedia's been updated with more information and Island Crime's first 10-episode season is a great source of information. There seems to be more interest in the case than ever and, I think, it will still be solved... The case has a lot of detail available online... including some that raise some odd questions about the investigation.

Oh and there's also now a USD$50,000 reward offered by an anonymous American donor (on top of the CAD$11,000+ previously offered)... I feel like all the pieces of the puzzle are out there and it's just a matter of putting them together...

(Just sayin')

Attachments

• 89 lg.png
    89 lg.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 131.jpg
    131.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 137.jpg
    137.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 154.jpg
    154.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 4
  • 155.jpg
    155.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 4
  • aerobic.jpg
    aerobic.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 5
  • lisachips.jpg
    lisachips.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 5
  • lisafb2.jpg
    lisafb2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 5
  • lisafb3.jpg
    lisafb3.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Nanaimo Daily News, Sept 3, 1993 (Lisa age 12).png
    Nanaimo Daily News, Sept 3, 1993 (Lisa age 12).png
    173.3 KB · Views: 4
(registered just to bump this thread.)

Lisa's case is coming up on 20 years at the end of the month.

Wikipedia's been updated with more information and Island Crime's first 10-episode season is a great source of information. There seems to be more interest in the case than ever and, I think, it will still be solved... The case has a lot of detail available online... including some that raise some odd questions about the investigation.

Oh and there's also now a USD$50,000 reward offered by an anonymous American donor (on top of the CAD$11,000+ previously offered)... I feel like all the pieces of the puzzle are out there and it's just a matter of putting them together...

(Just sayin')

Webshots - Desktop Wallpaper / Screen Savers
5/19/2009 article.
This is an announcement of a recreation of Lisa's last evening, hopefully will
spark new tips about her disappearance.
She disappeared Canada Day weekend, 6/30/2002, from Nanaimo, B.C.
She was seen leaving a nightclub with a group of people, in a red Jaguar, attending several house parties.
Police suspect foul play.
She left the party with Christopher William Adair. His last known location was Turkey. He said he would take her to get food. He knows what happened to Lisa.
Her last text to a friend was they won't let me leave. There is a fb group for her with her full name as group name.

Signs of missing woman Lisa Marie Young on Bowen Road on March 10. Young’s friends and family say the signs have gone missing. (Submitted photo)

Signs of missing woman Lisa Marie Young on Bowen Road on March 10. Young’s friends and family say the signs have gone missing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back