CANADA Canada - Lloyd Larsfolk, 14, & John McCormick, 15, Caledon ON, Aug 1981

The Larsfolk's residence in 1981 was not as indicated on the map.
If you look at the map the farm that they resided at is the 4th driveway on the left north of the McCormick property.

Kim

Roy, thanks so much for the informative article. It certainly fills in a lot of missing details of the case. Wow, that's a shocker about the father being the suspect! Sad that the McCormick boy apparently had uncaring - and maybe worse - parents, both of whom showed a callous disinterest (or nefarious concealment) in the fate of their son. If McCormick Sr. was the responsible party, I wonder what was his motive.
I guess there will never be a conclusive resolution to this case, but maybe someone will eventually stumble upon some bones and at least conclude that aspect.

It's true that my father was an alcoholic and did not get along very well with my brother. However, my mother was and is a very caring giving supportive woman. My brother and I new that we were loved and very safe with her.

My family did not try to conceal anything. My family fully cooperated with the investigation from the begining until now. My father and I even underwent poygraph testing. It is very difficult for a family when they have the untinkable happen to them, until you experience something you never know how you will react. The police were camped out at our house for weeks. There was no concealment or disinterest on the part of my family. After weeks of interogation we were exhausted and felt helpless. There were so many weirdos showing up on our door step and calling at all hours of the day that my parents got very worried about my safety.
Things that are printed are not always true and at best are half truths.

If you have questions, here I am!

Kim
Welcome, Kim. I apologize for having made assumptions about your parents. It's a lesson in internet posting conduct: one shouldn't make uninformed comments about real people.

I'm sure folks will have questions for you. I will have some, too, but not anymore tonight.

Kim -can you clarify something - was Eric's bicycle still at your house when you returned from babysitting that night? Thanks

Kim, as someone closer to the investigation, do you have any insight into what happened to the boys? Stranger abduction? Family altercation? Voluntary disappearance?
Surely if they had an accident on the farm that resulted in their deaths or incapacitation, they would have been found.

Eric's bike was in the exact same positon as when I had left to go baby sitting.

There were a number of people of interest living and working in the Caledon area when John and Eric disappeared. There was David Snow (the house hermit) who killed some people not too far from our home, David Norris as discussed, there is a Caledon OPP officer who is presently in court facing charges of sexual assault on young men back in late 70's and my father had some men working for him that are very questionable.

Kim - that night, when the field car was found, if I recall it was found non-operational? Is it possible that John and Eric cut across the fields back to Eric's house in search of something to perhaps fix the car? Where was David Larsfolk at the time John and Eric went missing? Do you recall the name of the OPP officer you mention?

The field car was found half way between our house and the gravel pit. The area where the car was left was the place that we left our old scrap cars for parts and sometimes left the old junkers like the one John was using as a field car. The only way you could start the car was with two screw drivers. The screwdrivers were left under the hood of the car. There was a dirt path that led from our house to the gravel pit and the car was on this path. If the car would not start they would not have gone to Eric's house as it was farther away and we had an autobody shop on the property that was full of tools.

I am not sure where David was that night. I believe he was in Fort Erie with friends.

I will have to check the article again on the OPP officer but I believe his court case of 10 sexual assualts on young men is being heard in Orangeville or Brampton Courts now. The acrticle was in last weeks local Caledon paper. I believe the officer is now 63 years old.

Suspect photo: http://www.mykawartha.com/news/article/217743--robert-lewis-takes-the-stand

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1719900

Ex-policeman faces more sex charges

Robert George Lewis

Posted By SARAH DEETH, EXAMINER POLICE WRITER

Updated 3 months ago

A retired OPP officer already before the courts for 25 sex-related charges has been charged with four more offences.
Robert George Lewis, 62, of Fenelon Falls, is charged with two counts of sexual assault, indecent assault and gross indecency. He's already been charged with nine counts of indecent assault, 10 counts of gross indecency, three counts of sexual exploitation and three counts of sexual assault. He is awaiting trial on those charges. City of Kawartha Lakes OPP said the new charges related to incidents reported by two people, occurring between 1981 and 1987 while the officer was on duty.
Lewis was first charged in August 2006, when one man filed a complaint with police, and then nine more complaints surfaced. The officer was released from custody following a bail hearing at a Lindsay courthouse Wednesday, police said.
He is to appear in court again Sept. 10.
Police said Lewis became a police officer in 1967. He worked in Downsview from 1967 to 1969, Snelgrove (now Caledon) from 1969 to 1976, Minaki in 1976, Islington from 1976 to 1978 and came to Coboconk in 1978, where he stayed until retiring in 1997. Anyone with information is asked to call Det. Const. Al Mac-Donald at 324- 6741 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800- 222-8477.

Thank you Kim for coming forward and setting the record straight. I hope you find answers as to what happened to your brother. I also hope that you are able to heal from this terrible tragedy.

Here's a preliminary map I made:
Noname-10.jpg

The Larsfolks farm is the one with the arrow to the top left.

Liquidlounge thank-you for your support. I hope you find resolution and peace. I know it can feel like a never ending nightmare.

How sad. I remember seeing this case before.

If I were to make an assumption based on the available facts, I would agree with the detectives in that the father is a prime suspect. This was a farm, how many strangers looking to abduct children are lurking around? It's much more plausible that someone known to the family killed them. How sad, what cute little boys they were. Maybe the father was in a drunken rage and took it out on two small kids. Without the bodies, they didn't want to press charges. Why didn't they dig? Use ground penetrating radar near the fence and look!

Kim, thank you for joining in the discussion. I know what I wrote may upset you.. you say there are misconceptions and untruths about your family on the internet. What are they?

Eric Larsfolk and John Patrick McCormick Jr. would both be 44 now - grown men with lives and families of their own. Lloyd Larsfolk still hopes that his son is alive and well out there somewhere, but to him Eric will always be the 14-year-old boy that went missing nearly 30 years ago.

His son was a small teen, he said, but he has no idea what he would look like now. What kind of man he would have grown into.

It was on Aug. 24, 1981 that then 15-year-old John McCormick and 14-year-old Eric Larsfolk were last seen on the McCormick family farm on Horseshoe Hill Road, heading toward a local gravel pit. No one has seen or heard from the boys since and no arrests have ever been made.

Caledon OPP are investigating this 30-year-old missing persons case under the direction of Detective Inspector Andy Karski, former Detachment Commander for Caledon OPP. On Oct. 25, police were back at the old McCormick family farm, now owned by Sarah Graham, to employ new technology in the search for the boys.

Police officers used a ground penetrating radar device to search certain areas of the property for soil disturbances.

"We've gone back to the locations of interest from the last investigation, and this is where the boys were last seen," said Karski of the farm. About half a dozen locations on the property were searched and there are several other locations of interest elsewhere that will be addressed at a later date, police said.

Officers first turned their attention to a young pine forest. The trees here were only saplings when the two friends went missing many years ago, but Lloyd remembers it well.

"I looked for broken branches where somebody could have carried the kids in, but I didn't find anything. But I looked," he told officers as they scanned the ground for soil disruptions up to 10 feet below the surface. "I hope really they don't find anything."

http://www.caledonenterprise.com/news/article/93585

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ixqVDiZwYmQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ixqVDiZwYmQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F1CrPsb-CY4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F1CrPsb-CY4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I put up video&#8217;s on youtube that document the O.P.P&#8217;s negligence in investigating the murder of Yvonne leroux and another girl also killed in 1972. These video&#8217;s are of taped conversation I have had with the police since last November 2009 to present. There negligence in regards to these homicides have culminated in my false arrest and in there committing perjury. I believe they wish to cover there negligence.

They have publicly slandered me over my comments on the murder of Veronica Kaye and have given out false information to the public. I wont to put the record straight. I have now caught them lying and committing perjury in court to discredit me. I stand by what I say and believe that with any competent investigation into these murders I will be shown to be correct.
If my links don&#8217;t work my video&#8217;s are on you tube under diggingfortruth3
Cathy Norris

That link doesn't work for me...

31 years today since Eric and John were last seen and still no answers,
Just posting so that they know we care.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members