Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted a while ago not believing they were the murderers, I still haven't changed my opinion on it. This case has been very strange right from the beginning.
The parts of the case that bother me: What tied them to the murders? What type of gun was used to kill the three victims? If they were able to trace the movements of Bryer and Kam, why no gas station footage?
We instead got images of them for almost a week that were snapshots of video taken of them at a Co-Op store in Saskatchewan, footage that was not from a security camera (there are none in front of the store, below eye level). Someone was watching them before they were announced as suspects, because that video must have been taken from a car parked in front of the entrance, and would have been on July 21st, a day or so before they were announced as suspects.
Then their alleged second vehicle, the RAV4 (no explanation who it belonged to, and no images of them actually driving it, or getting in our out of it) was found in the bush, torched. No real reason to torch either of the vehicles (except maybe to hide the fact that they weren't the only ones in those vehicles?).
And then somehow, after a hard search for their whereabouts, and then scaling it all back, the police just managed to stumble across some new evidence right before finding their bodies. Like finding a needle in a haystack, and they just managed to do it without much effort.
We have been made to believe through the media coverage that these guys were probably on a thrill kill, and yet their murder spree started and ended in one small area. And they didn't gloat anywhere online about, nor did they seemed to be bothered to walk around without disguises into a store (and gas stations) with security cameras.
Now that they have been found deceased, I am concerned this case will just be closed, the murders pinned on them, and there won't be any concrete evidence shared with the public to show they did it, like you would get in a court of law.
My alternative theory: They weren't alone, whoever was with them was probably responsible for the murders. They or their contacts were the ones who recorded them walking out of the store, and arranged for the torching of the vehicles to leave a trail of evidence pointing to these two guys. And then hushed them up in those woods, perhaps waited a couple of weeks to make sure the weather worked on the evidence to give a tip as to where their bodies were located. I know that sounds crazy, but framing someone for murder isn't exactly new.
The RCMP said they have significant evidence linking the two suspects to each of the murders. Some of it is forensic in nature and once it is processed they may have more details to share. Also, they were in fact seen in the RAV4. That one guy helped them get unstuck and the Reservation Police stopped them as well. Do you think they are all in on framing them as well?

I do agree that this case is incredibly strange and tragic.

Incidentally, I think those initial pics that circulated of these 2 are telling. I remember first seeing Kam's and thinking, "He looks like a really nice young man." And Bryer's gave me the heebee-jeebies, even though I told myself creepy-looking people can go missing too.

I assume those photos came from the family, and I think it again shows that the McLeods were more savvy about how to deal with the media. They seemed to just instinctively know you give a non-threatening-looking picture of your missing teen rather than a paramilitary-looking one.

Here's what I am talking about why this case does not make sense. This news article is from July 21st. The day that Kam and Bryer were spotted at the Co-op as we were told later in the week. Notice something strange - the photo of Bryer is a screenshot of that video footage of him leaving the store. How did the RCMP get their hands on that so quickly?
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/missing-drivers-bc-truck-1.5219845

NOT screenshots from the video

No, I don’t think the autopsy report will be made available unless the families decide to release it, which I doubt would happen. Although autopsy reports are a public record, there’s restrictions on who is able to obtain a copy. This is the same throughout Canada. Privacy and confidentially protected through stringent legislation supersede the public’s right to know.

Justice | Province of Manitoba
Are Reports from the Investigation Available to the Next of Kin?
Upon completion of the investigation the medical examiner submits a report to the Chief Medical Examiner. This report will normally answer questions about the cause and manner of death, the date, time and place of death and summarize the circumstances surrounding the death. If an autopsy is performed as part of the investigation, the doctor performing the autopsy also submits a report. Both the medical examiner's report and the autopsy report are available to the adult next of kin upon written request to the Chief Medical Examiner's office. (An autopsy is an intricate medical procedure, often requiring complex laboratory tests, and for this reason autopsy results may not be available for several weeks after the death. This means the medical examiner's report may not be immediately available to the family.)

The medical examiner's report and the autopsy report may also be requested by attending physicians and medical reports departments of hospitals. Other interested parties, such as an insurer of the life of the deceased or a legal representative of the deceased, may receive the report upon written request and payment of the prescribed fee under The Fatality Inquiries Act.
Thank you! That makes sense.

That pic of BS is not from the store. It was the pic that has been circulating since he was considered missing. Ditto for that pic of KM. He's just wearing the same camo. I get the impression he really liked it and was photographed in it often. I don't see this as a conspiracy.
I corrected my observation. It's not a screenshot from that store, but it's definitely from the same time (maybe a day or two before). The hair is exactly the same. And judging from the quality of the image, it's a screen capture from a video, not a regular photograph like the photo of Kam was.

I posted a while ago not believing they were the murderers, I still haven't changed my opinion on it. This case has been very strange right from the beginning.
The parts of the case that bother me: What tied them to the murders? What type of gun was used to kill the three victims? If they were able to trace the movements of Bryer and Kam, why no gas station footage?
We instead got images of them for almost a week that were snapshots of video taken of them at a Co-Op store in Saskatchewan, footage that was not from a security camera (there are none in front of the store, below eye level). Someone was watching them before they were announced as suspects, because that video must have been taken from a car parked in front of the entrance, and would have been on July 21st, a day or so before they were announced as suspects.
Then their alleged second vehicle, the RAV4 (no explanation who it belonged to, and no images of them actually driving it, or getting in our out of it) was found in the bush, torched. No real reason to torch either of the vehicles (except maybe to hide the fact that they weren't the only ones in those vehicles?).
And then somehow, after a hard search for their whereabouts, and then scaling it all back, the police just managed to stumble across some new evidence right before finding their bodies. Like finding a needle in a haystack, and they just managed to do it without much effort.
We have been made to believe through the media coverage that these guys were probably on a thrill kill, and yet their murder spree started and ended in one small area. And they didn't gloat anywhere online about, nor did they seemed to be bothered to walk around without disguises into a store (and gas stations) with security cameras.
Now that they have been found deceased, I am concerned this case will just be closed, the murders pinned on them, and there won't be any concrete evidence shared with the public to show they did it, like you would get in a court of law.
My alternative theory: They weren't alone, whoever was with them was probably responsible for the murders. They or their contacts were the ones who recorded them walking out of the store, and arranged for the torching of the vehicles to leave a trail of evidence pointing to these two guys. And then hushed them up in those woods, perhaps waited a couple of weeks to make sure the weather worked on the evidence to give a tip as to where their bodies were located. I know that sounds crazy, but framing someone for murder isn't exactly new.
I have the same questions!! Especially since the last vehicle they were presumed to be using was burned out. Why leave a bonfire if you’re trying to avoid capture?

Incidentally, I think those initial pics that circulated of these 2 are telling. I remember first seeing Kam's and thinking, "He looks like a really nice young man." And Bryer's gave me the heebee-jeebies, even though I told myself creepy-looking people can go missing too.

I assume those photos came from the family, and I think it again shows that the McLeods were more savvy about how to deal with the media. They seemed to just instinctively know you give a non-threatening-looking picture of your missing teen rather than a paramilitary-looking one.

I think that's just how he looked though. I was wondering why he looked so familiar. Then I saw people saying he looked like Martin Shkreli and I was like "yeah...I can see it." Keep in mind that when Martin Shkreli went on trial several jurors had to be dismissed because they said "he looks like a total and I would rule him guilty on that alone."

Here's what I am talking about why this case does not make sense. This news article is from July 21st. The day that Kam and Bryer were spotted at the Co-op as we were told later in the week. Notice something strange - the photo of Bryer is a screenshot of that video footage of him leaving the store. How did the RCMP get their hands on that so quickly?
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/missing-drivers-bc-truck-1.5219845

The photo of BS in that article is not from the video footage - it's a photo that was provided by the family and released in the July 21st RCMP news release/press conference.

wayyyyyyyyyyy too complicated and paranoid
I don't understand the 'paranoid' part. Why would it be considered paranoid to believe that they could have been framed for murder? They were always labelled as suspects. Sadly, they won't have their day in court to prove their innocence. Even Bryer's father seemed pretty fast to throw his son under the bus.

I think that's just how he looked though. I was wondering why he looked so familiar. Then I saw people saying he looked like Martin Shkreli and I was like "yeah...I can see it." Keep in mind that when Martin Shkreli went on trial several jurors had to be dismissed because they said "he looks like a total ******* and I would rule him guilty on that alone."
I said on here several threads ago that he looked like a murderous version of Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory. I have never been able to unsee that. I don't know why they didn't give cops the photo of him in the suit. It was a better quality picture, image-wise, was very recent, and looked less unsettling. His smile is awkward, but he just looks more like a run-of-the-mill awkward teen.

I have the same questions!! Especially since the last vehicle they were presumed to be using was burned out. Why leave a bonfire if you’re trying to avoid capture?

To throw LE off their trail? Or it wasn't of use to them anymore?

I corrected my observation. It's not a screenshot from that store, but it's definitely from the same time (maybe a day or two before). The hair is exactly the same. And judging from the quality of the image, it's a screen capture from a video, not a regular photograph like the photo of Kam was.
Because that's how he wore his hair? KM seems pretty committed to his tousled look and beard, too.

The bodies found today near Gillam we’re in such a difficult spot along the Nelson River they had to be brought by boat to a loading dock. Here are the bodies being brought to the airport. #canadamanhunt

Joe Scarpelli on Twitter

So they were near the river then. Or perhaps on the other side of the river. Because otherwise they would have been near a road.

The screenshots of the video from the Co-op store in meadow lake were shared on July 23rd with the public, 2 days after they were recorded walking out of the store. There isn't a surveillance camera in front of the store at waist level. So who video recorded them (when they weren't listed as suspects at the time), and then shared it with the police?
Two teens thought to be missing now suspects in three northern B.C. deaths

This may be an anticlimactic note, so my apologies for mentioning it late. But over the past dozen pages or so, when discussing terrain there seems to have been some conflation of the terms bush and brush. These words are not synonyms, and while I haven't dug up all the official RCMP/Canadian news source references to terrain, my impression is that they are using bush to describe the area around Gillam MB and the Nelson River where KM and BS were found, and it is being incorrectly quoted as brush by various posters. "The bush" in northern Canada connotes dense coniferous forest with little or no road access or human settlement - not brush, or land that is characterized by thickets or large clumps of shrubs, grasses, short trees and other low growth.

Muskeg is northern bogland, heavy in peat and sphagnum moss, with high soil acidity and poor growing conditions for most plants, although berries, willows and conifers will grow. Muskeg can reach a depth of 30 meters, and poses an engineering challenge for settlements or roadbuilding. Inexperienced or unwary animals such as moose can become trapped in the mire and die of drowning, exhaustion or starvation. (So can humans.)
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member