Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I jave been wondering why two kids decided to do this. Do we need to take a good honest look at how we are raising our young people? I think the problem is four fold: 1. absence of a strong moral role model, 2. violent video games, 3. access to guns 4. Glamorisation of violence in the media.
The thing is lots of kids are exposed to those exact same situations and don't do anything like this, instead living productive, normal lives.
I think there's something in the mental health of certain people, not just boys, that make certain ones susceptible to these bad influences.

Regarding the bodies found Wednesday (assuming they are, indeed, KM and BS)...

It seems likely that at some point they did take the river route...overturned (I am assuming they were in some kind of boat and didn't attempt to swim) and one of them, perhaps, banged their head on a rock and was knocked unconscious. The other one managed to drag him to the shore..started into the deep forest..and collapsed from exhaustion.

Then, at some point, both boys perished without ever moving from their final resting location.

To me, that seems the most likely scenario, given what has come to light the last few days combined with what RCMP revealed on Wednesday.
I agree, went in the boat, were injured in the rapids and washed downstream, perhaps one dragged the other out and they crawled/dragged into the scrub, either losing the items police found on the way, or they washed up later. Both injured, or one dead and the other injured and not knowing what to do next, hid, fell asleep and died of hypothermia and their injuries. If they got water into their lungs, they could feel very tired and sluggish and die in their sleep without realising how sick they were. Such an awful waste of their lives, Mr. Dyck's life and possibly also Chynna and Lucas' lives, although there has been no evidence at all provided to show they had anything to do with Lucas and Chynna's murders and I hope the police don't just shut the case as the murderer could very well be sitting back smirking right now....(My own opinion)

Last edited:
BRITISH COLUMBIA BACKPACKER FEARS: A TIMELINE

July 15: At 7.19am, Royal Mounted Canadian Police are called to the side of the road on the Alaska Highway, in remote British Columbia.

Police found the bodies of a young man and young woman about 20km south of the Liard Hot Springs, not far from a beat-up blue minivan.

July 16: Police publicly announce the two bodies were found dead on the side of Highway 97 but say 'no further information is available'

July 17: Investigators ask anyone who may have seen, or have dashcam footage, between 4pm Sunday and 8am Monday to come forward

July 18: Detectives confirm the identities of the two dead as Lucas Fowler, 24, and Chynna Deese, 23

Some 470km away near Dease Lake, police discover an abandoned truck

July 19: The body of Leonard Dyck is found two kilometres from the burned-out remains of the truck McLeod and Schmegelsky were travelling in

July 21: Witness tells media of seeing a 'bearded man' having a 'heated exchange' with Fowler and Deese on the side of the highway

July 22: Pictures emerge of Fowler and Deese's minivan with a blown out back window

Police issue urgent appeal for two men who have gone missing near Dease Lake, Kam McLeod, 19, and Bryer Schmegelsky, 18

July 23: McLeod and Schmegelsky are named as suspects - a massive search gets underway

A grey Toyota RAV 4 being driven by the pair is spotted in northern Saskatchewan

A burnt-out car is found near the town of Gillam, Manitoba.

July 29: York Landing in Manitoba is thrown into lockdown after two men were spotted foraging for food at a landfill

July 31: Manhunt involving police, military, tracking dogs and drones has found no trace of two teenage murder suspects

August 1: Police begin searching the province of Ontario, 2,000km from where the pair were last seen, after reports of a suspicious vehicle near Kapuskasing

August 2: Police say the sighting of the pair in Ontario was not credible, as Lucas Fowler's friends and family hold an emotional memorial for him in Sydney

Police find several items directly linked to the suspects near the Nelson River after a battered rowboat washes ashore

August 3: Ontario police reveal they received more than 30 tips in just eight hours, and say they are following up on every single one

August 6: The search in the Nelson River is called off, and police block off the town of Sundance, which has been abandoned since 1992, and once housed a murder suspect for three years

August 7: Canadian Police announce that two male bodies believed to belong to McLeod and Schmegelsky were found in 'dense bush' by the Nelson River, five miles from where they abandoned the burning car

Canadian tour guide believes he helped police locate teen fugitives after spotting a sleeping bag | Daily Mail Online

Glad the reign of terror in the northern communities is finally over. Sad that there won’t be definitive answers. Hopefully, with good detective work, there will be some. And hopefully some of that info will be shared since there’s now no trial forthcoming.

RCMP said there was evidence that linked the 3 murders. I wonder what that evidence was? And who was the bearded man?

I could be wrong, but one of the police in the photos looks like he’s wearing the Australian Federal Police uniform. Were they involved in this search too?

It's possible. RCMP stated that they used all available resources. It might also explain why information sometimes came from Australia ahead of the RCMP press conferences ;)

In the BC press conference, RCMP thanks the Australian Police for their assistance.

B.C. RCMP say deaths of northern B.C. murder suspects will not stop investigation

Last edited:
I can’t help but wonder - and this may have been previously discussed so forgive me (the threads are long and my free time is short) the man seen arguing with Lucas and Chynna had a beard and drove a grey car. Leonard Dyck had a beard and drove a grey car. Could that be the connection? Was Dyck a witness to the murders, perhaps, and the killers chased/tracked him down? Probably a long shot - I’m sure Dyck would have called police right away if he witnessed a crime and there’s no record of that that we’re aware of.

It’s becoming more clear to me that while white men are privileged in so many ways, the one thing they don’t receive is adequate mental health care or support from their loved ones or society etc to be engaged with their emotions and seek help for their issues with anger and hate. I don’t think there would have been more “answers” had they been found alive... I’m feeling the same way in these mass shootings as well- so much anger boiling over that could have been prevented..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member