CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not doubting you, but it is bizarre to me. here a news station has a helicopter, but there LE doesn't. it is truly very hard to understand.

How far can a helicopter fly in 30 minutes?

"It could be possible to fly further, but it is not really practical. They carry 2 hours 45 minutes worth of fuel and normally plan on a 30 minute reserve, so in 2 hours and 15 minutes flying at 100 knots they can cover 215 nautical miles (250 miles)."

Given the remoteness of the area, it simply isn't practical to have a helicopter available within a radius of a couple of hundred miles from a potential crime that may never occur.

With having to refuel every couple of hundred miles, they would need refueling capability along any potential route that they might need to fly. The cost would simply be prohibitive for such a vast northern wilderness.

ADMIN NOTES:

This post lands at random with a mixed bag of DOs and DON'Ts.

DO stick to info from MSM and LE. Do not provide screenshots or link to social media of private individuals (other than victim or perp). General social media is NOT allowed at Websleuths because anyone can pretend to be someone they are not and can say anything on the internet. We have no way of verifying the source and therefore non MSM or non LE is considered rumor and will be removed. Do not discuss it.

DO tone down the attitudes in here and remember that “sarcasm is the lowest form of wit”. Showing disrespect toward or bullying other members is not tolerated at Websleuths and anyone who does so is subject to a loss of posting privileges.

DON'T post about it here if you have called a tip to LE.

DON'T swear. WS does not allow profanity or circumventing profanity filters with asterisks or acronyms. Sure we miss some of them, but just because you see the odd one scattered throughout the board, don’t take that as licence to use them. Lots of fish get away, but the ones that get caught wish they hadn’t ;)

DON'T bash law enforcement. Websleuths is primarily pro law enforcement unless there is reason not to be; so stop the attempts at LE bashing right down to ridiculing the spokesperson’s language skills. They are dealing with extreme wilderness here where resources are not all in place waiting for crimes of this nature to occur once every X number of years. LE are not the criminals here, so stick to facts and stop trying to drum up some kind of dirt where it doesn’t exist.

ETA:

DON'T start trying to diagnose these individuals with autism, etc. We aren't qualified to do so and it is offensive to all those wonderful peeps who may have the suggested diagnoses and aren't out there murdering others.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Not sure it matters especially now when we are much more concerned to capture these possible murderers.

But, I thought his father already had aids in the start of Chapter 6. I thought it was the AZT treatments that his father volunteered to undergo that he blamed for the side effects.

How did I get involved in this side topic? This man has been quite the attention seeker

I think he blamed both Aids and AZT. It seemed to me he was first saying how strongly his father fought against deaths timeline, only to die just as horribly as they had feared because of/in spite of the cure.

When I was a teenager riding public transit in Vancouver the most sobering experience I ever had was sitting next to a man who was visibly in his last days of dying from aids, who proceeded to tell my friend and I his story. It was a definite real education about the merits of safe sex but more so about the depths of pain that people can carry.

You don’t relate to the distances and low population up here. There is no highway patrol on these highways at night (with the possible exception of right in and near Fort Nelson), and not much during the day either. If you compare population and distance vs 4 hour response time here to the same in a city I bet the ratio will look better for the response time up here. The time alone sounds long, but in reality is a much faster response for distances involved than a 20 minute response in a city.

Perhaps I should ask where up north you lived. I don’t understand where you’re coming from if you’re familiar with the area these crimes occurred in.
Lived in Tumbler Ridge, Chetwynd, Dawson Creek = mile Zero, Grande Prairie, Kitimat, Terrace.

Lived in Tumbler Ridge, Chetwynd, Dawson Creek = mile Zero, Grande Prairie, Kitimat, Terrace.
Thanks, that makes sense. All of these are considerably closer to more LE resources than where the couple was murdered—and close enough to other towns that the highways between are likely patrolled routinely. As remote as those locations are, population density is still much higher than around these crime scenes.

Thanks, that makes sense. All of these are considerably closer to more LE resources than where the couple was murdered—and close enough to other towns that the highways between are likely patrolled routinely. As remote as those locations are, population density is still much higher than around these crime scenes.
Yes your right. I guess I think most of my life I spent far from civilization, however more places in our country are that way.

we are getting really close to a week with no further verified sightings, its really un-nerving i know everyone here wants to know where they are
its possible we may never find out what happened to them but i hope the RCMP finds something to at least close the case off, if thats remains or they know they are not alive somehow
the thing that worries me, if they could have gotten to a major city there is a good chance they might not be found for ages when you have hundreds of people walking around people are in their own little world and not paying attention and if they changed their looks with no reference photos it makes it worse

If they got out I doubt they would hit a city in Manitoba. Probably head east into Ontario or head way north into Nunavet and eventually into the Yukon

There is no way into Ontario without heading back west and then almost all the way south. Only one highway from Manitoba to Ontario, and it’s at the bottom of the province. There are no roads connecting northern Manitoba and Northern Ontario, with the exception of a handful of ice roads which are available for a few weeks every year in the winter. There are no roads in Nunavut at all. The communities in Nunavut aren’t even connected to each other via road, let alone connected to the Yukon. They are accessible by air only.

I really think it would help some people to pull up google maps and look at the satellite views of these vast areas. There’s simply nothing there, 999 times out of a 1000. Rocks, trees, lakes, muskeg and tundra. And eventually, snow, ice and the Arctic Ocean. Few people, to no people. Virtually no roads from one place to another.

we are getting really close to a week with no further verified sightings, its really un-nerving i know everyone here wants to know where they are
its possible we may never find out what happened to them but i hope the RCMP finds something to at least close the case off, if thats remains or they know they are not alive somehow
the thing that worries me, if they could have gotten to a major city there is a good chance they might not be found for ages when you have hundreds of people walking around people are in their own little world and not paying attention and if they changed their looks with no reference photos it makes it worse
I don’t know...I am starting to think they are dead. But who knows. This has got to be one of the saddest and strangest cases that I have followed on WS.

I don’t know...I am starting to think they are dead. But who knows. This has got to be one of the saddest and strangest cases that I have followed on WS.
I'm with you about sad. I'm so sad. I feel so bad that two beautiful, happy in love people were taken from their families. I feel so guilty that we couldn't protect them better. I hate that a kind, educated man was killed for no reason; I mourn for his family. As a Canadian I just thought we were better then this.

I'm with you about sad. I'm so sad. I feel so bad that two beautiful, happy in love people were taken from their families. I feel so guilty that we couldn't protect them better. I hate that a kind, educated man was killed for no reason; I mourn for his family. As a Canadian I just thought we were better then this.
Totally agree! I am not feeling too proud to be a Canadian right now.

I/we can understand that you feel that something like this tarnishes your country, but (fortunately) it doesn’t. People will still (me included, always been on my to-do list) want to travel there and the people are held in high regard. That won’t change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus