CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no theory as to what happened to them but 50% chance they're dead if I had to guess.

The suicide theory is no better or worse than any other IMO.

Bryer's dad said they would go out in a blaze of glory. They know they've been ID'd and are wanted for murder. They know they've murdered. I don't think they're stupid. They know their lives are over. So why not suicide?

A few of these murderous spree type teams have been determined not to be taken alive and to have suicide be the last act.

The fact that we haven't heard from or seen (even unconfirmed) them leads me to believe they are either hiding or dead IMO.
I live in central Alberta and wake up every morning surprised these two haven't been found.

I know for sure that KM has family in Edmonton, Alberta.

Sorry if I've missed it but what was LD doing on that road?
How did the boys get this gun?
Was it LDs gun? Was LD a hunter?

Could the boys have accidentally hit LD and dragged his body before they realized?

Again, I apologize. I cannot wrap my head around this!
Maybe it's the 'mom of teens' in me that wants to believe this was never their first intention.

Prof. Dyck may have been asked to meet someone at that scenic pullout on hwy 37.

He may have waited for a long time, and fell asleep. Or perhaps he was awake but looking at the wonderful view of Stikine forest below.

The young men had already ditched their truck, and were looking for a robust getaway vehicle for their long trip.

They came across Prof. Dyck after walking only 2km from their burning truck.

MOO:

Our First Nations people have been asking these questions for years and getting no answers. This might be a turning point. This time it involves citizens of other countries, the son of a police chief, a professor, a beautiful white woman. And unfortunately it has landed in a First Nations community again.
I hope you are right and I agree with you about no answers. Hope we are at a turning point.

But I have to say as a non Canadian that I'm surprised that the the lack of outrage isn't more widespread, even on social media. Haven't heard a peep from politicians, press, mayors etc.

The lack of US press on the ground in northern canada following the story of a US Citizen gunned down while on vacation is also stunning and surprising. None of the major networks did an update today and the story seems to have gone silent which was disappointing. The major networks seem to simply be recycling AP/Reuters reports rather than doing any investigative work.

RCMP said early on that they would be briefing the FBI on the Deese/Fowler case. But with the extensive resources of the FBI why is there no update as to whether they are participating in the investigation? Even the way the involvement of the Aussie Detectives was postured was as 'family liasons' rather than contributing members of an investigative team. Why? Did the Aussies have nothing to add of value to the process? Is the RCMP unwilling to work with outside law enforcement agencies?

Tourism is a big industry in Canada and for this reason alone I would have thought that RCMP would invite outside assistance but so far it hasn't been seen other than the Canadian Air Force today in Gillam. The idea that peak tourist season is in full swing and 2 teenagers passed through 3 provinces with no alerts from RCMP to people on the roads that might not be following the news is something that I think few will forget. People have just been lucky that unsuspecting tourists have not been seen to be targeted en masse.

The territory of the search is enormous and the terrain punishing so I hope that the RCMP has the resources it needs to effectively find 2 6'4" needles in a very large haystack!

With an area that vast, them evading RCMP isn’t at all surprising.

If they convinced someone to give them a ride away from there, they could have been dropped off and hiding just about anywhere.

There also remains the possibility that they have already killed themselves, and their bodies have yet to be discovered.

Them still being on the lam, isn’t proof that they are receiving active assistance.
Area might be vast but it is bog. A normal person is not going to be able to walk away from a vehicle into the bush and evade LE for a week. Even if they had that idea, an hour in they would see how hopeless it is. They have no food, limited skills, they are just teenagers with limited life experience. We are giving them super powers to think that they are outwitting police like Harrison Ford. Sure, sounds great and very interesting, but I'm being a realist.

Opinions - I think they torched that RAV4 on purpose. That got rid of that known to LE vehicle, and just look at the show that is going on hunting them in Gillam and area now, because of torching it near there...... I also think they are long gone, laying low, and watching the show for a while. ...... They will strike again somewhere else in time......moo

I agree!

I posted this yesterday and kinda thinking about it still and agree with your theory too.
I was just sitting here thinking about this situation with these young men. And it seems like after the murder of the couple, the young men maybe are leaving a trail. the burnt Vehicles, the security cam footage of them in a couple places ... do they do these things on purpose to leave a "bread crumb" ? Maybe they went into those stores because they knew that there was security footage.
Maybe they're not on the run from the police but rather leading the police somewhere?
Seems to me it's just a giant video game that they're playing?

Maybe they have a couple people along the way helping them out when they need to.? Some Gamers stick together online and stick together in real life as well. So it could be a two-person 'game' or maybe there's others involved in this game as well.

Just my opinion

I don't have a link, but maybe someone else does. I do believe it was reported that the guy that saw the smoke, it took him 45 minutes to find where it was coming from. So that would mean from the time they torched it, they had minimum 45 minutes to drive away if they had another vehicle.

Does someone know where I can find that? It was either in an article or a FB/twitter post?

ETA: Welcome to Websleuths :)

This is possibly what you’re thinking of -

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/fox-lake-nightly-community-patrol-fugitives-1.5225799
“When Beardy saw thick, black smoke that evening, he couldn't have guessed the charred ride represented a significant clue in the hunt for two suspects that's sent fear rippling through the region.

He is spooked by the thought that fugitives suspected of killing three people would have been close to him.

"We sat here for, like, 45 minutes before anyone got here. They could have been sitting in the bush watching us," Beardy said Thursday.

Even if they just came out of the bush … we would have probably just helped them out, because it's just pretty much the way we all are around here."

Beardy and his family were the first people to find the burning SUV linked to McLeod and Schmegelsky. He reported it to RCMP, and then Manitoba conservation officers once they became concerned the fire would spread...”

The difference between the two, is that Millard and Smich killed in separate events.

They also planned their crimes.

These two have killed people on separate occasions, but it’s basically part of the same (extended) event.

Both murderers, but different psychologically.

I see the former as serial killer types, and the latter as spree killers.

One group planned to get away with it. The other doesn’t.

I found an article that's kind of interesting about the differences.

This article makes me think either they're dead or they could be serial killers. The fact that they don't know their victims is also interesting.

Why Spree Killers Are Not Serial Killers

I honestly think they have no clue where they are . Grasping at straws like the rest of us. Not bashing just saying they don’t know . If they did they’d have them already .Until they find them dead or there is another sighting/tip .... we will continue to get nothingburger pressers and pleas for tips . I feel so badly for the locals up there ... I’d be scared to death and for almost a week with LE having zero , zip , zilch

This is possibly what you’re thinking of -

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/fox-lake-nightly-community-patrol-fugitives-1.5225799
“When Beardy saw thick, black smoke that evening, he couldn't have guessed the charred ride represented a significant clue in the hunt for two suspects that's sent fear rippling through the region.

He is spooked by the thought that fugitives suspected of killing three people would have been close to him.

"We sat here for, like, 45 minutes before anyone got here. They could have been sitting in the bush watching us," Beardy said Thursday.

Even if they just came out of the bush … we would have probably just helped them out, because it's just pretty much the way we all are around here."

Beardy and his family were the first people to find the burning SUV linked to McLeod and Schmegelsky. He reported it to RCMP, and then Manitoba conservation officers once they became concerned the fire would spread...”

I was looking but couldn’t find it again, thank goodness you did.

There were pictures online of the RAV 4 fully engulfed, the fellow in this article found it very soon after it was lit afire.

Looks like a torched car gone wrong, I am sure that burning a car 75k from civilization was planned thinking no one would find it. They had to destroy it, it was evidence against them, it could not have been "left" They were destroying fingerprints and DNA. Same thing they did to their own vehicle, they had a lot of time to scheme on that long drive across Canada, Kids like to burn things.

What does hiding like cowards in somebody’s basement solve? The RCMP isn’t going to throw up their hands and forget about these two even if search efforts in Gillam are of no avail. They’ve not only allegedly taken the lives of three others but ruined their own futures.
What does it solve? What does trekking off into the bush with winter around the corner solve? No one said the RCMP were going to give up.
Let's see... Something went bad in BC, people got killed for whatever reason. Can't change the past so what do you do going forward? To me getting 3rd party help hiding away in someone's house until you figure out the next move would be great deal. So if I were able to make contact with someone who I thought maybe would help, that's what I'd do. Sure beats any alternative I can think of.

Continuing above thought process ... let's consider how Lucas/Chynna met their tragic fate.

Their blue van became unusable sometime during the afternoon of July 14, right on the Alaska Highway.

Lucas was a decent mechanic, and diagnosed the problem. He decided to let the flooded engine dry up over several hours. He declined help from at least one mechanic.

While they were waiting, our young men, with significant criminal potential, got on the same Alaska Highway.

I found an article that's kind of interesting about the differences.

This article makes me think either they're dead or they could be serial killers. The fact that they don't know their victims is also interesting.

Why Spree Killers Are Not Serial Killers

Yeah, there’s a bit of a mix going on here.

The main reason that I see them more as spree type killers, is that these two have no expectation of getting away with this.

They also committed their killings in pretty quick succession.

There are definitely elements of both going on though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998