CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning folks.

I find the Split Lake ferry option unlikely on the surface for these two to get to York Landing. They may have made it back to Split Lake and gotten on the ferry before they were named as suspects, but that ferry is so small, surely the operator would have noticed these two lanky outsiders. In the days since, with LE and police swarming Gillam, questioning gas station workers in Split Lake, etc., the operator of the ferry would have said something to someone about these two.

Unless that third-party, non-supportive theory has legs and they were hidden in the bed of pickup under a tarp or something along those lines.

I think it more likely these two somehow managed to walk their way from Gillam along one of these old trails/hydro lines, whatever and stumbled into York Landing desperate for something to eat beyond cedar bark.

If they did walk, and they still have some energy, how long until they stumble into someplace like Kelsey approx. 30 km to the west?

JMO

Not long I'm afraid

I’m assuming this is the same Split Lake gas station where we already knew they bought 20 dollars worth of gas. It also now explains why BS asked the clerk if they could drink alcohol in the community - which previously seemed like a fairly random thing. If so, I think the RCMP handled this well. The sighting was made public via the gas purchase, but two cops were not unnecessarily all over social media, pursued by journalists etc. Police agencies are always tasked with finding the right balance between public safety, protecting the integrity of an investigation, protecting individuals etc. I have no problem with the interaction with the cops at the gas station being held back, presuming of course that they knew about it, which you certainly have to assume.
Sorry I don't agree. As I'm thinking of the people who live on these Reserves and how their safety was jeopardized to a degree but JMO

Sorry I don't agree. As I'm thinking of the people who live on these Reserves and how their safety was jeopardized to a degree but JMO
But how was their safety jeopardized? If it’s the same gas station, we know they pumped gas and paid for it at that location. Why would it be critical to know they had police interaction while they were outside pumping that gas we know they bought there?

Yes...
9:30 PT
10:30 MT
11:30 CDT
12:30 EDT

sorry to my Australian and UK friends.... I don't know the time difference LOL it's in approximately 25 minutes from now

UK is +5, and I’m not sure how many time zones there might be in AUS, but one of them is +14. :)

Editing to add: from Eastern LOL. That’s kind of important.

If so, maybe their research skills were lacking. The capacity of the Kettle River dam is significantly smaller than three dams in BC.

List of generating stations in Manitoba - Wikipedia

List of generating stations in British Columbia - Wikipedia

But Hoover Dam is in a class of its own because of the millions of people who live downstream.

While blowing up a dam may have been a fantasy it doesn’t make sense why it also involved (allegedly) killing 3 innocent people while on a camping trip. JMO their young and naive minds expected northern Manitoba to be a safe haven and they’d never be connected to the murders in BC.

I'll say it again. I think there may have some kind of clue or credible threat left behind in the online footprint that was deeply concerning, and that this area may not have been random. If they did have a specific plan that was not just "hiding out in the bush", it may have changed on the fly as the police closed in, or it's been tossed out the window completely by now. It would be interesting to know if they've ditched some supplies other than what burned in the Rav4, and what those supplies were.

But how was their safety jeopardized? If it’s the same gas station, we know they pumped gas and paid for it at that location. Why would it be critical to know they had police interaction while they were outside pumping that gas we know they bought there?
The RCMP didn't call these 2 the suspects for the 3 murders till 5 days later. I'd like to know what took so long to figure out they were the murderers? If they somehow had known sooner and put out BS and KM were the 1s wanted then MAYBE that First Nations officer could have arrested them when he came upon them in Split Lake and we wouldn't be here hoping and waiting for these 2 to be captured. JMO

enata D'Aliesio‏ @RenataDAliesio
We are about 16 minutes away from York Landing. We will have limited cell service there and we will not be disclosing police locations on the ground. #yorklanding #Canadamanhunt #ManitobaManhunt

6:57 AM - 29 Jul 2019

Renata D'Aliesio‏ @RenataDAliesio
I just spoke with the captain of the ferry, Curtis Grimolfson. He lives in York Landing and was by the dump earlier yesterday and only saw bears. He is praising the work of the Bear Clan. #yorklanding #canadianmanhunt #ManitobaManhunt

7:00 AM - 29 Jul 2019

The ferry captain took three Bear Clan patrol members to York Landing on Saturday. "They deserve a big pat on the back." He said residents were doing what they could to help RCMP, offering rides, vehicles and gas #yorklanding #Canadamanhunt #ManitobaManhunt

7:09 AM - 29 Jul 2019

The ferry captain expects some residents will be looking to leave York Landing today. #yorklanding #ManitobaManhunt #canadianmanhunt

7:10 AM - 29 Jul 2019*

*PACIFIC STANDARD TIME

Hmmm RCMP also didn't tell media these 2 were stopped last Monday by a Constable with Tataskweyak Cree Nation, the police were checking for alcohol in the vehicle. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/york-landing-search-bc-fugitives-1.5228561

From the article you linked:
Constables with Tataskweyak Cree Nation, also known as Split Lake, stopped the suspects in their vehicle at a gas bar last Monday as they drove through the community, before the vehicle was found burned near Gillam, said band councillor Nathan Neckoway.

Split Lake is a dry community and the constables were checking for any alcohol, and didn't know who the men were at the time, he said.

"They did see maps and maps and camping gear within that vehicle that were driving," he said.

The RCMP didn't call these 2 the suspects for the 3 murders till 5 days later. I'd like to know what took so long to figure out they were the murderers? If they somehow had known sooner and put out BS and KM were the 1s wanted then MAYBE that First Nations officer could have arrested them when he came upon them in Split Lake and we wouldn't be here hoping and waiting for these 2 to be captured. JMO
Probably because analyzing evidence takes time.
There would have been a point early on when there was the possibility that the two were victims who had yet to be found or had the truck stolen from them and been out of cell range with no way to report it or any number of possibilities.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

My biggest concern right now is that the suspects will die in the bush without being found and outsider observers will have a fit when the RCMP eventually call off the search. It's like searching for a needle in a haystack! City people totally underestimate what the wilderness is like and think it's easy to see a body. Hell, look at how people have been going back and forth on it for over a decade in Maura Murray's case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe so but this is 1 of the biggest manhunts in Canada in a looong time and the public's safety should be considered. I know the place these 2 are hiding is remote but the First Nations are citizens too and they need to know what the heck is up. I'm NOT surprised The Bear Clan was brought in to help with their reserve's security and safety. I'm glad 1 of the Chiefs asked for them :). JMO

“York Landing resident Destiny Hill said a radio station has been alerting residents to the situation every few minutes and warning people to stay inside with the doors locked.“
RCMP broaden search for suspects wanted in B.C. killings to York Landing, Man.

The reference to “a radio station” may refer to that of an Emergency Broadcast..

Scroll and roll, folks.

STOP the back and forth bickering and snark about so many little things or trying to hammer your point into another member's head. It is not necessary to respond to every single post, plus it gets boring as all get out for other members and guests following the thread.

State your opinion and move on without trying to "up the other guy".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox