CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. My issue is that that quote almost makes them sound like Bear Grylls or something.

I’m sure they’re “outdoorsy,” as you kind of have to be there.

I don’t think their survivalists or anything, although you’re right, this did take a degree of knowledge and skill to survive in those conditions.
Not necessarily, they haven’t been out there long. Totally unprepared people can last weeks in similar conditions. It’s not below freezing, sure, it’s probably not comfortable but not that difficult to survive a few weeks. As long as they have water, they can go a long time without much food. Let’s see how they’re doing in a month or so.

This is very helpful and confirmed what I was thinking--thank you! :)

Part of the confusion about these issues arises from assertions by at least one person early on, extrapolating from US experience, that these murders were just a typical, ordinary robbery/murder and that it is easy to purchase a stolen gun anywhere in Canada.

On the upside, we are now beyond that kind of thinking to something more in accordance with reality.

Glad the post helped.

Last edited by a moderator:
The internet has really opened my eyes to how different the experiences of Canadians can be. Sometimes I feel like there are really only 2.5 types of Canadians: The GTA and Lower Mainland making 1.5 (there's small differences with climate and junk) and then the rest of the country! The stuff I read about Toronto and Vancouver is like another country. I grew up on a farm near Prince Albert and still live in the province. Some people who have been to Ontario cottage country think they know what the bush is like in this case, lol.

My biggest concern right now is that the suspects will die in the bush without being found and outsider observers will have a fit when the RCMP eventually call off the search. It's like searching for a needle in a haystack! City people totally underestimate what the wilderness is like and think it's easy to see a body. Hell, look at how people have been going back and forth on it for over a decade in Maura Murray's case.

IMO they won't be giving up on finding these guys, too many people killed cold blooded.

If so, maybe their research skills were lacking. The capacity of the Kettle River dam is significantly smaller than three dams in BC.

List of generating stations in Manitoba - Wikipedia

List of generating stations in British Columbia - Wikipedia

But Hoover Dam is in a class of its own because of the millions of people who live downstream.

While blowing up a dam may have been a fantasy it doesn’t make sense why it also involved (allegedly) killing 3 innocent people while on a camping trip. JMO their young and naive minds expected northern Manitoba to be a safe haven and they’d never be connected to the murders in BC.

Yes, right, BC has the biggest dams. But my point is they chose northern Manitoba for some tactical reason, I presume, so the biggest dam here is Kettle.

How could they think they would never be connected to the murders in BC? I think they are dumb, but not that dumb. They chose northern Manitoba for a reason. Also, if it were me, I would take into consideration the size of Grizzly bears and Black bears in Northern BC, including their aggressive dispositions, verses the smaller more timid Black bears in the area they are in now.

I don't think their fantasy includes blowing up the dam, that doesn't happen in the game. They conquer the ownership of the dam.

Last edited:
"Locals say they could have followed hydro ... lines."

Locals : "difficult but not impossible"

Hey maybe my theory was more plausible than I thought. I'll put these up again for anyone who wants to consider the possibility

1st pic, possible route marked in red
2nd pic possible route distance (about 130km)
3rd pic detail area of beginning and end of possible trail
4th pic, detail of conditions under the line.

Attachments

• JustAnIdea.jpg
    JustAnIdea.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 33
  • hydrolinewalk.jpg
    hydrolinewalk.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Start-finish.jpg
    Start-finish.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 31
  • doable.jpg
    doable.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 33
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

It's so awesome to see other Canadian's here posting and even better when I see someone else from Saskatchewan... there are a few of us here! I have lived all over the province, but never further north of North Battleford (born there), but my best memories are camping up north! Now we spend a lot of time around Lake Diefenbaker... hardly 'wilderness' LOL

My biggest concern is that they are not even in the MB area anymore. I really thought if it was them last night they would have caught them. Tracking dogs are pretty good, they had about 6 hours of light after they were spotted to find them *sigh*

Last edited by a moderator:
It's so awesome to see other Canadian's here posting and even better when I see someone else from Saskatchewan... there are a few of us here! I have lived all over the province, but never further north of North Battleford (born there), but my best memories are camping up north! Now we spend a lot of time around Lake Diefenbaker... hardly 'wilderness' LOL

My biggest concern is that they are not even in the MB area anymore. I really thought if it was them last night they would have caught them. Tracking dogs are pretty good, they had about 6 hours of light after they were spotted to find them *sigh*
I think the weather might have hampered search efforts yesterday. :( Hoping if it hampered LE, though, it hampered the suspects, too!

[...]

The old truck driven by the teens would also really stick out. That is why they burned it. JMO

But nobody was after them at the time they burned it and burning it was just going to bring it, and themselves, to the attention of RCMP. Nobody has been able to make any sense of it, particularly when you add in that they then left another murder victim in plain view a couple kms down the road from their burnt truck.

I can only come up with two potential reasons: either they thought they were getting rid of evidence (in which case leaving a murder victim nearby was incredibly stupid, but perhaps unplanned) or it was part of some kind of suicide plan.

I am frankly amazed that no further lives appear to have been taken at this point. They must be out of ammunition, except perhaps for a few that they are holding back for the end.

--

I don't think this has anything to do with Dams. They could have just driven to the Kettle Dam if they wanted to and if they're in York Landing they would have more or less went past it, since it's very near Gillam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean