Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strangeworld

Reaction score
An Australian man and his American girlfriend have died in suspicious circumstances in Canada, sparking fears they may have been murdered.

Lucas Fowler is reported to be the son of senior NSW police officer, Inspector Stephen Fowler. He was found dead alongside his girlfriend, North Carolina woman Chynna Deese, in British Columbia earlier this week sparking fears of foul play.

Chynna’s sister Kennedy Deese wrote they pair were “homicide victims along a remote stretch of highway in Canada while on a road trip.”

An older style blue mini-van the pair was believed to have been travelling was found at the scene.

Canadian police are looking for anyone who saw the vehicle or offered assistance. They’re also appealing for anyone that travelled the stretch of highway around the time of the discovery to come forward, according to a RCMP media release.

3a2787b59f5c65af6f791d5450ed875f

673a3c10aa32ec585e2f11501db9cf48

Australian man found dead in Canada

Closed thread on suspects McLeod and Schmegelsky

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.energeticcity.ca/2019/07/australian-and-american-found-dead-along-alaska-highway/

Snipped...
...“We have lost our dear Lucas Fowler, son, brother, grandson and friend in the most terrible of circumstances. To lose someone so young and vibrant, who was travelling the world and just enjoying life to the full, is devastating.

To know his beautiful girlfriend, Chynna Deese of Charlotte, North Carolina, also lost her life in this violent event is too cruel. All our love and best wishes go to Chynna’s family and friends.

We are all now travelling to Canada to be with our boy and to bring him home.
Our deepest thanks for all your love and care. At this stage, we can only move forward a minute at a time, and those minutes are moving so slowly.

Please share this with all those who may have crossed paths anywhere in the world with these beautiful young people.”

Dease Lake murder victim identified as Vancouver's Leonard Dyck

In a statement, the RCMP said Leonard Dyck was found dead on Friday at a highway pullout about 2 kilometres south of the vehicle fire south of Stikine River Bridge on Highway 37.

McLeod and Schmegelsky have been charged with second-degree murder in Dyck's death.

This is a breaking news story and will be updated as more information becomes available.

Charges laid in connection with Dease Lake homicide investigation

BC RCMP are releasing a photo of Len and expanding their request for any additional information from anyone who may have spoken to Len during his travels in northern BC. The BC RCMP Major Crime tiplines remain open in support of the Leonard Dyck, Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese homicide investigations. Anyone with information is asked to call 1-877-543-4822 or 778-290-5291.

ADMIN NOTE:

We do not like being heavy handed but the last thread became so rife with rumor that we are having to take this action.

There is now a ZERO tolerance in place in this case for rumor posts. Members introducing rumors will be subject to a minimum 7 day thread reply ban.

MSM and LE social media accounts (comments by the reporter or LE official) are allowed. Comments or images by the general public are not allowed.

If you aren't sure if a source is allowed, contact a Mod or Admin to ask rather than posting it and risk being banned from posting on the thread.

RCMP Manitoba‏Verified account @rcmpmb
Over the next 72 hours, investigators will conduct door-to-door canvases in the Town of Gillam & Fox Lake Cree Nation, in hopes of generating new tips & information. #rcmpmb

1:01 PM - 26 Jul 2019 pst

Kam McLeod & Bryer Schmegelsky MAY have changed their appearance & inadvertently been given assistance to leave the area by someone that was not aware of who they were. If anyone out there is hesitant to come forward – it is crucial for you call police immediately. #rcmpmb

1:02 PM - 26 Jul 2019 pst

It is critical that all Canadians remain on the lookout for Kam McLeod & Bryer Schmegelsky. If seen, do not approach, call 911 or local police immediately. #rcmpmb

1:32 PM - 26 Jul 2019 pst

^^^^^^^^^^^
This video was obtained in Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan, on July 21, 2019. We are releasing this video as it may generate additional tips or sightings.

2:46 PM - 26 Jul 2019 par

They don't have a dump truck - residents bring their trash to the dump. Burning in barrels or fire pits would be whenever they wanted to, depending on the people. I'm not sure about the cabins and camps as they are already remote, but I haven't spent much time on a reserve.

edit: they wouldn't likely have their own planes and rely on the ferry.
Under the Indian Act - it is illegal to open air burn waste on reserves without a permit. It doesn’t mean it is not done though.

Indian Reserve Waste Disposal Regulations

10 No person shall burn any waste on any land in a reserve except under the authority of a permit issued pursuant to paragraph 5(c).

Last edited:
Haha okay so I was trying to reply to a comment a little ways back but somehow refreshed and replied to the wrong person which is why I ended up deleting. I am so tired and now I don't want to go look for the other post!
But yes, I have also had that thought as well. That was my first thought when I saw the video. He was buttoning his coat and that could easily just be him buttoning his coat, but 'maps' was the first thought I had.

Yes, I said Co-op stores sell maps.

Here has been a lot of discussion about the wildlife being a danger in the bush - what would happen if they put bear urine on themselves? Would that deter other wild life to come close? Is that available in stores ie.Hunters purchase Doe urine to attract Deer? Would that also fool the tracking dogs? ‍

Hmmmm. Intriguing. I'll have to mull this over, see if It sheds light on anything else in some context or another.

RE supplies
They set out from port alberni with road trip in mind. LD was on a solo camping trip and had all sorts of supplies.
They *could* be a lot better provisioned than people assuming. Theres alot of things id take before a change of clothes. They could have been eating MRE's this whole time for all we know.

Personally I think its likely they have little to no food or supplies and havnt for days, but dont think we should just assume that

I was thinking that perhaps they have had MRE's up until now. Showing up at the dump in daylight is a peculiar move for 2 people trying to avoid being seen.

They would not have taken clothes when they left the RAV4, but the number of calories they need to walk that distance is pretty high. So. They probably ate up their backpacking food. If it was tinned food, there was only so much they could carry. Surely they'd also want a water bladder of some kind. Since they have never been seen with backpacks (apparently), but surely must have them...unless Prof Dyck had a couple of framed backpacks in his car (probably only one, if any), then they probably don't have big framed backpacks. Surely they'd have thought to bring sleeping bags?

At any rate, sooner or later, reprovisioning becomes a big issue and judging by yesterday's escapade, I think that day has arrived.

This really is the question. What sort of plan have they evolved (however ridiculous it may appear to us on WS)? The overall trajectory has been to get further and further from civilization, validating the theory that they are trying to be "survivalists." Of course, they aren't prepared to do that.

They must be slowly or quickly realizing that this isn't working out for them. They may have tried to find cabins and failed. So, they moved back toward a village.

Stealing cars is no longer a reasonable option. They may not know how visible they'd be if they stole a boat, but they may realize they don't know how to go out on open water safely.

Their initial idea of just disappearing "off the grid" and "into the woods" must seem really absurd to them, now. Unless they discover some new, major resource (a home in the woods, with recent occupants, lots of food), they have backed themselves into a terrible corner. They may be wondering how to find such a place (I'm guessing such places are super rare). Their health is not going to hold up, either. Malnourished and possibly drinking water with giardia or other microbes...not a good situation for them.

I think they may try to backtrack at this point. That would be a joint admission of defeat (for their original plan). I don't think they're going to "take a stand" nor do I believe they have the means and wherewithal to confront a group of police (unless that's their preferred form of suicide, but...unless they are well-armed or at least appear to be armed, the police aren't going to oblige them with a hail of bullets).
They lived by the ocean.

If so, why not ensure you are equipped with hardware that will work? Like walkie talkies or other similar devices?

Radios fail often: batteries, wet weather, ceiling height, interference, user incompetence, topo issues. RCMP TAC TMS wouldn't use walkie-talkies because you can't load them with crypto. Even a PRR would still be connected to the APX (or equiv).

They are not using a satellite system, these are VHF/HF transmitters with a jbox plug-in.

Here has been a lot of discussion about the wildlife being a danger in the bush - what would happen if they put bear urine on themselves? Would that deter other wild life to come close? Is that available in stores ie.Hunters purchase Doe urine to attract Deer? Would that also fool the tracking dogs? ‍
scat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member