CANADA Canada - Madison Scott, 20, Vanderhoof, BC, 27 May 2011

So, she was found on a property the east side of Vanderhoof. Is the owners name appearing in media yet? And does it belong to or is associated with any of the players we have already had questioned by police?
Im not sure I was hoping global BC would have a little more info but nothing. She was found by search warrant so le must know something . There's a few murdered / missing from the area. I'm so glad the family gets closure .jmoo I hope charges are laid

Allegedly her remains were found a few days ago by someone just passing by but her identity took a few days to confirm.

Also allegedly, her remains were found by chance before the poker ride this past weekend but LE did not inform the family until the DNA identification was made, days later.

Last edited:
Im not sure I was hoping global BC would have a little more info but nothing. She was found by search warrant so le must know something . There's a few murdered / missing from the area. I'm so glad the family gets closure .jmoo I hope charges are laid
Not found by search warrant. Passerby apparently.

Snipped...
...Today (Monday) marks 12 years since she was reported missing on May 29th, 2011.

ETA: The east side of Vanderhoof is industrial FWIW but they also said it's rural. Will it be a residence or business???

What does this mean exactly??? ..."which is associated with to the discovery of Maddy"....

??? is it not necessarily where she was located/found??? but rather associated with the discovery... HUH????

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like her remains were found at a rural property near to where she was last seen.

"RCMP say they've found the remains of Madison (Maddy) Scott, 12 years after she went missing.

Scott was last seen on May 28, 2011, while celebrating a friend's birthday at a campsite at Hogsback Lake, about 25 kilometres southeast of her hometown of Vanderhoof, B.C.

She was 20 at the time.

Police say the identity of the remains have been confirmed by the B.C. Coroners Service and RCMP are currently executing a warrant at a rural property on the east side of Vanderhoof, around 80 kilometres west of Prince George."

It sounds like her remains were found at a rural property near to where she was last seen.

"RCMP say they've found the remains of Madison (Maddy) Scott, 12 years after she went missing.

Scott was last seen on May 28, 2011, while celebrating a friend's birthday at a campsite at Hogsback Lake, about 25 kilometres southeast of her hometown of Vanderhoof, B.C.

She was 20 at the time.

Police say the identity of the remains have been confirmed by the B.C. Coroners Service and RCMP are currently executing a warrant at a rural property on the east side of Vanderhoof, around 80 kilometres west of Prince George."

Hogsback Lake is about 20 minute drive from Vanderhoof. I got the impression from the article that she was found east of Vanderhoof, so a bit of a drive from where she was last seen.

Madison Scott from Vanderhoof went missing and was found along the highway of tears. The focus has always been on Indigenous women who are missing in the area. I wonder whether more bodies will be found on the rural property.

Map of area

Attachments

• 1685416948029.png
    1685416948029.png
    435.4 KB · Views: 31
I wonder how a passer-by stumbled upon the remains? Does that mean they were uncovered naturally (assuming they were buried) by weather? Or perhaps were never buried but simply scattered somewhere or placed in a bag? And what passer-by was on somebody else’s rural property? Unless it was a new owner, or friend/relative on the property how often are people ‘passing by’ walking across somebody else’s land??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back