CANADA Canada - Madison Scott, 20, Vanderhoof, BC, 27 May 2011

I wonder how a passer-by stumbled upon the remains? Does that mean they were uncovered naturally (assuming they were buried) by weather? Or perhaps were never buried but simply scattered somewhere or placed in a bag? And what passer-by was on somebody else’s rural property? Unless it was a new owner, or friend/relative on the property how often are people ‘passing by’ walking across somebody else’s land??
Especially off a major Canadian highway....

Do you have Reference for that by chance? I can't find that anywhere online... unless I'm glossing over articles too quickly lol
Well now I can't find where I read that and I don't recall if I misread that as well! It seems that that info. may well be incorrect. Typically, our RCMP and other LE are 'tight lipped' about releasing info. and I would delete my previous post re. the passerby if I could. So I guess it is not known for sure how she was found.Oops!

This is the property address information in case anyone is interested in looking further into it. I think we should wait until we hear from police whether the current owner owned the property in 2011.

A little more information about the property:

Attachments

• 1685423913024.png
    1685423913024.png
    230.2 KB · Views: 68
The most eerie part? If you google streetview the main interchange before South slope road, a Maddy Scott billboard is clearly in view for drivers.
Do you mean Maddy's billboard is at the corner of Slope & Blackwater or Blackwater & Hwy 16???? (Hwy 16 - highway of tears!!! - makes total sense but I couldn't find it)

ETA: i see it now on 16 in the video news story linked above....i will go for another walk about, i'm just not looking far enough off the side of the road.

Screenshot (10).png

Last edited:
Snipped...
..."I think the police need to be given the room to do what they need to do to get those answers and hopefully they'll be able to do that in an expedient way," Rustad said. "There are lots of unanswered questions along Highway 16 as well and I hope this will help at least bring closure for the family and perhaps answer some broader questions as well."

"perhaps answer some broader questions as well" sounds interesting, but kind of vague. Not sure what Nechako Lakes MLA Rustad is getting at really re. the Hwy.16 missing cases. I think he is being a bit speculative, as some politicians do, lol, especially as the police probably aren't saying much at this point. I am assuming that Madison's murder is in a different category than the Hwy of Tears case anyways, all IMO.

I agree Andreee - I never once considered a possible connection between Madison & the hwy, but who knows...this is the kind of break they need to possibly answer so many "broader questions" tho...we can try to remain hopeful still this might be it. How did it all start to unravel for Picton??? (i don't remember...i'm old...just saying...geographically speaking it has been interesting...shux people even considered Israel Keyes may have possibly stopped by the party at one time.)

I agree Andreee - I never once considered a possible connection between Madison & the hwy, but who knows...this is the kind of break they need to possibly answer so many "broader questions" tho...we can try to remain hopeful still this might be it. How did it all start to unravel for Picton??? (i don't remember...i'm old...just saying...geographically speaking it has been interesting...shux people even considered Israel Keyes may have possibly stopped by the party at one time.)
Yes, as far as Israel Keyes, I read on Wiki today that he was in custody when Madison went missing. Yes, possible re. Hwy of Tears, but from all we know thus far, including where Madison was found, it does sound to me like someone local who was at that party or visitor of local, is the perp IMO. As far as Picton, I can't recall how it all started for him. He is eligible for parole next year, horrifyingly enough!

Last edited:
I noticed they paused that official Facebook page for now, but I'm thinking they will update it soon to say that Madison was found. However, the link there to the official website does have an update. www.madisonscott.ca

Mounties said Monday they were executing a search warrant at a rural property on the east side of Vanderhoof, which “is associated” with the discovery of her body, which has been identified by BC Coroners Service.

On Sunday, 12 years after Scott was last seen, Vanderhoof RCMP sent out a news release renewing pleas for help to find her.

“Madison was a vibrant, free-spirited, loyal and kind individual. When not hard at work at her parents’ family business, Madison immersed herself in family/friends, hockey, softball and photography,” the release read.

“This year, Madison would be 32 years old. She would likely be immersed in her career and may even have gotten married and had children. Madison’s family have missed out on watching her become a wife, mother and aunt. Madison and her family deserve justice and closure," it continued.

Scott’s parents organised an annual poker ride to support her search, wherein family and friends drove ATVs, rode horses and walked on the trails in Hogsback Lake where she went missing. This year’s event took place Saturday.

"This has been a priority investigation for the RCMP over the past 12 years. The discovery of Maddy is a significant development, however this investigation remains an active and ongoing missing person's investigation where foul play has not been ruled out,” said Cpl. Madonna Saunderson in Monday’s news release.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back