CANADA Canada - Madison Scott, 20, Vanderhoof, BC, 27 May 2011

If she overdosed and all those people lied about it for 12 years, then they should all go to jail!

But I really doubt that was the case, why would a group of people lie about it for so long? How did they all pass a polygraph?

I also think if drugs were involved then they would have been up all night.

And who dumped the body?

Did no one notice she was sick? Did she puke?

I also think the police would have picked up traces of drugs on her stuff? But who knows maybe they did

BBM

Interesting. I asked if the remains were potentially scattered as I had (wrongfully) assumed Madison had been found outside somewhere in the wilderness and not near/on private property. An image was posted several pages back with a photo which seemed to indicate that the remains were found nearby the property in question.

"Mounties said Monday they were executing a search warrant at a rural property on the east side of Vanderhoof, which “is associated” with the discovery of her body, which has been identified by BC Coroners Service."

Does anyone know when/where Madisons phone had last pinged? Just curious if she had it with her, even if it were no longer able to be located, if the distance between Vanderhoof and Hogsback would = spotty coverage?

*eta: what timing & good thinking ;) @otto
Yup, her phone and keys should be with the body if it was an accident, I would imagine her clothing as well.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
There is no reason to suspect Madison Scott of being a drug addict who over-dosed after her friends said good-night to her. Madison wanted to sleep by the lake that night, and had no reason to think that things would go wrong. She had planned to camp out with friends, but they all bailed on her.

There she was, alone at the lake, and the last people at the party are <modsnip - full names of people not named POI by LE> with their quads on their trucks. I suppose they left, like all the other friends.

Twelve years later, her body is found near Vanderhoof, another Highway of Tears victim (1969 - 2023).

Madison did not do this to herself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious whether the parents identified the most likely suspects in 2012 with a red X. I wonder what the red X means. The 48 Hours documentary was made 18 months after Madison disappeared.

When there is strong suspicious and no evidence, Canadian investigators sometimes use a Mr Big ruse to obtain a confession. In a small town like Vanderhoof, I doubt RCMP could over-lapped a Mr Big sting for Fribjon Bjornson's murder with a Madison suspect sting. Bjornson disappeared in January 2012, seven months after Madison disappeared. RCMP carried out a Mr Big sting to arrest the people responsible for Bjornson.

What stands out in the information shared by the parents (Nov 2012)?
Starting 11 minutes 30 seconds (roughly)
Madison Scott & Highway of Tears Documentary

The first screen shot is names of people who were at the party, including the arrival and departure times. The second screen shot seems to be information about some people. Can anyone make out what is written on the second board?

View attachment 426389

View attachment 426390

It sounds like blacks were there early and are known to a # of people. As a side note it is interesting that Maddy brought her dirt bike boots and helmet. But the only mention of a quad or bike is blacks

That's interesting. If she had her quad gear when she went camping. Was it found with her tent, or was it missing?

Did Madison normally keep her quad gear in her truck or bring it specifically for that evening/weekend? If she brought it specifically for that night, does this indicate that Madison had previously discussed going quadding with anyone else (the Blacks?? maybe a close friend? did Madison have a crush on anyone or vice versa?). Could there have possibly been a conversation history that might've been saved somewhere?

Interesting that the last people who were said to have been seen at the party also happened to have quads with them that night. FWIW.

Who is Slade? I cannot read or make out their last name from the board.

What does "Meet Monday after shift" mean? IIRC from the 48HRS doc, one of the interviewees said something along the lines of meeting up with their friends early in the week or something to that effect (I am recalling from memory having seen the episode a number of years back & ICBW). Apologies if my questions have already been asked, I haven't visited this thread in awhile.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>The iphone4 had Assisted GPS.

Reading the article below only leads to more questions :confused:

"When your device uses Assisted GPS, the time-to-signal acquisition is faster. Your phone pulls information about the location of satellites from the nearest cellular tower, which saves time."

But, if Madison was asleep in her tent, telling friends that she wanted to stay at the lake, when did she overdose? Two friends checked with her, she wanted to stay.

She over-dosed after friends left; trusting that she would be okay?
How did her body get to the red dot location where it was found?

View attachment 426939
We can safely assume that she left Hogsback Lake in a vehicle. We know where her remains were found. Those are the only things that are solid at this point.

We don't know for sure if she left willingly or unwillingly (kidnapped), or even if she was still alive at that point. We don't know for sure if she was actually sleeping in the tent, or doing other things. We don't know for certain that she was a victim of violence, or if something else happened that took her life.

Now that there is a body, hopefully the RCMP can get enough evidence to put the pieces together and tell the story of what happened. I expect that there will be charges eventually, but they may not be the ones that some are expecting.

"Something happened to Maddy."
"Why did everybody leave?"

There is no reason to suspect Madison Scott of being a drug addict who over-dosed after her friends said good-night to her. Madison wanted to sleep by the lake that night, and had no reason to think that things would go wrong. She had planned to camp out with friends, but they all bailed on her.

There she was, alone at the lake, and the last people at the party are<modsnip - full names of people not named POI by LE> with their quads on their trucks. I suppose they left, like all the other friends.

Twelve years later, her body is found near Vanderhoof, another Highway of Tears victim (1969 - 2023).

Indeed, she did not do this to herself. Whatever it was that happened.

I wish the RCMP would release more info but they usually don't say much it gets frustrating. There's so many rumors going around about what led to the search warrant,hopefully the family gives a update . Jmoo

Just reviewing fwiw...

Snipped...
...“When Major Crime was describing the investigation of the cell phone records to us, they described it as a spider web, with the centre being Madison’s phone, and then they go out. So even my cell phone records were checked, as we were at a hockey tournament two weeks prior to her going missing. Those records have been checked not just by one party, but multiple parties within the RCMP system,” Philips said.

...There were close to 46 people at the party. Scott’s friend who was going to stay with her, left the party after midnight with a young man who lives close by in the Hogsback Lake area.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

There she was, alone at the lake, and the last people at the party are <modsnip - full names of people not named POI by LE> with their quads on their trucks. I suppose they left, like all the other friends.

Madison's case is in no way related to the Highway of Tears.

If she overdosed and all those people lied about it for 12 years, then they should all go to jail!

But I really doubt that was the case, why would a group of people lie about it for so long? How did they all pass a polygraph?

I also think if drugs were involved then they would have been up all night.

And who dumped the body?

Did no one notice she was sick? Did she puke?

I also think the police would have picked up traces of drugs on her stuff? But who knows maybe they did
Madison wasn't a drug addict. She was pretty much sober at the party that night.

FWiW: according Jordy, Maddy was probably the most sober person that night...
So a drug overdose seems not very likely.

When Jordy and her new boyfriend Tyler left around 1:00 am there were only 5 people to continue the party while Maddy was in her tent. Also there was another tent straight from Garret who planned to camp there as well. At 2:45 am Garret and his girlfriend got an argument and called the party 'over'. They changed plan and breaked up their tent and left. Probably without informing Maddy they changed plan?

At that point (2:45am) some 'sober' truckers arrived there after their late shift and went over to Maddy's tent asking if she would like to have a ride home with them but Maddy declined because she was in bed and didn't want to leave her belongings. Not sure if Maddy fully understood she was about to camp all alone? She probably didn't and thought Garret and his girlfriend would stay to camp as well, so no 'worries'.... According Dawn Scott, Maddy's mother, she would never wanted to stay there all alone....

So Jordy said that when she left around 1 am there were still 5 people to continue the party.
But from the 48 hours info it should be 6 people: the 'Allman' brothers, the 'Black' brothers and Garret and his girlfriend. I wonder how many sober drivers arrived at around 2:45 am and who did they give a ride? Looks like we have at least 8 people (hence 'sober' truckers ) that night who could have known Maddy was about staying all alone there.....

It's almost impossible a whole group of people would stay silence for 12 years if they knew something. Someone had already talked long ago. Most likely one or two individuals saw an 'opportunity' and returned to Hogsbag after everybody was gone from the party. Maddy maybe even left with them voluntary because she had time to grab her car keys and iphone. Who knows what happened from there....

FWiW: according Jordy, Maddy was probably the most sober person that night...
So a drug overdose seems not very likely.

When Jordy and her new boyfriend Tyler left around 1:00 am there were only 5 people to continue the party while Maddy was in her tent. Also there was another tent straight from Garret who planned to camp there as well. At 2:45 am Garret and his girlfriend got an argument and called the party 'over'. They changed plan and breaked up their tent and left. Probably without informing Maddy they changed plan?

At that point (2:45am) some 'sober' truckers arrived there after their late shift and went over to Maddy's tent asking if she would like to have a ride home with them but Maddy declined because she was in bed and didn't want to leave her belongings. Not sure if Maddy fully understood she was about to camp all alone? She probably didn't and thought Garret and his girlfriend would stay to camp as well, so no 'worries'.... According Dawn Scott, Maddy's mother, she would never wanted to stay there all alone....

So Jordy said that when she left around 1 am there were still 5 people to continue the party.
But from the 48 hours info it should be 6 people: the 'Allman' brothers, the 'Black' brothers and Garret and his girlfriend. I wonder how many sober drivers arrived at around 2:45 am and who did they give a ride? Looks like we have at least 8 people (hence 'sober' truckers ) that night who could have known Maddy was about staying all alone there.....

It's almost impossible a whole group of people would stay silence for 12 years if they knew something. Someone had already talked long ago. Most likely one or two individuals saw an 'opportunity' and returned to Hogsbag after everybody was gone from the party. Maddy maybe even left with them voluntary because she had time to grab her car keys and iphone. Who knows what happened from there....
Maddy had a truck. She wouldn't have just left voluntarily with someone while leaving her vehicle at a camp ground.

Maddy had a truck. She wouldn't have just left voluntarily with someone while leaving her vehicle at a camp ground.
But things could have changed her mind when realizing she was all alone there... ? She must have been scared from that moment I guess. And it maybe would be different if she knew the person(s) ?
Forced to leave or not it looks like she got time to grab her cellphone and car keys with her, these are the most important things you take with you when you leave and expect to be back soon. Not saying she did, we don't know.

Reactions: nao
But things could have changed her mind when realizing she was all alone there... ? She must have been scared from that moment I guess. And it maybe would be different if she knew the person(s) ?
Forced to leave or not it looks like she got time to grab her cellphone and car keys with her, these are the most important things you take with you when you leave and expect to be back soon. Not saying she did, we don't know.
You're right, key word "it looks like". Why would she be scared? It's a popular place that she had been to lot's of times before.

You're right, key word "it looks like". Why would she be scared? It's a popular place that she had been to lot's of times before.
Well, staying all alone there in the middle of the night at Hogsbag lake seems like a typical scenario for a horror movie..... (but that's maybe just me...) I only would with some 'protection' with me.

By all accounts, she had no idea she'd be staying alone and wouldn't have stayed, had she known.
Agreed, I don't think Maddy realized she was left there all alone. Garret probably failed to tell her he changed plan by not staying camping after the argument with his girlfriend. (he should!!) And the 'sober' truckers offered Maddy a ride but maybe didn't tell her she would be left alone if she declined.

Well, staying all alone there in the middle of the night at Hogsbag lake seems like a typical scenario for a horror movie..... (but that's maybe just me...) I only would with some 'protection' with me.
I live 5 min from the lake. It's a very small camping area but very open. Madison was an avid hunter, hockey player, she loved riding ATV's and horses. If she was scared, she would have left. Obviously something happened that prevented her from doing that or made it look like she was walking off when in fact, she could not have done so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle
Back