CANADA Canada - Madison Scott, 20, Vanderhoof, BC, 27 May 2011

I hear you, the Scott family already suffered so much, we can't even imagine..... and I'm afraid this is still far from over.
But the thing is these kind of people have a different moral (if any...) than most people, they don't care, that's why they did this in the first place..
ya, refers to her as her best friend, yet hadnt seen her for 2 years before the hogsback party. suspicious.

also weird theres not mention of jordi texting maddy in the morning when she woke up(saturday morning), youd expect something like "hey, were heading back out to the lake to grab my stuff, you awake?
Maybe she was a heavy sleeper or someone slipped her sleeping pills or date rape drugs. There used to be a few younger guys in Prince George that did this

Agree here. Simply though, it doesn’t seem plausible that Maddie was just peacefully and knowingly sleeping all alone in a tent at a lake when something went terribly wrong, like her friends have said. There is something missing from the story which is probably why her parents got started with the whiteboards to begin with. Possibly:

1. Someone brought party drugs and she overdoses or gets fatally injured while intoxicated. A group of people that includes those associated with the property collectively decide to cover it up to avoid serious charges. Her friend has a new boyfriend, maybe he or the property owners are close to where those drugs came from. Young people can be convinced to make poor decisions. Regardless, more than just the property owners would have to know about this given the rest of our knowledge about that night.

2. Her friends are not being truthful about events that led to her decision to sleep at the lake that night. They either leave her behind incapacitated, unaware, and vulnerable in her tent, perhaps through miscommunication or in fear of authorities, or they knowingly leave her in the hands of a potential hook-up that ends badly by accident or in bad intentions. Either situatio has some withheld context, and probably involves the property owners in some way,

Regardless, it seems likely information is being withheld by more than one person. I hate to keep driving this point, but I can’t not believe that there weren’t people at that party who weren’t involved with drugs as either users or dealers. I say this just because it doesn’t seem to ever come up anywhere in the timeline or map of that evening. I don’t believe Maddie was an addict in any way or that she necessarily took anything. I do know that partying young adults in rural areas like to experiment with fun things, especially at places like lakes. I do know that when a group is referred to as “bad news,” it usually means drugs are involved. I also know that when young people get close to people who might associate with “bad news” groups, some of your ethics and reasoning skills go out the window. I think the difficulty in mapping out what exactly happened that night probably has a lot to do with protecting people and some association to drugs.

I tend to want to believe that this was more of an accident rather than sinister,
involving seedy characters with poor morals who were worried about facing serious charges.

I can’t remember the names, but I’m reminded of that story about a high school student who drunkenly pulled a wrestling move on his friend and slammed his head on pavement. TL;DR, to avoid consequences, he and his gf did not call an ambulance, thinking he’d be better by morning. They waited till the next afternoon to call authorities, by which point he was brain dead, and both spent time in jail for their decisions.

Given the very odd timelines, relationships, and details that don’t make any sense in this story, I can imagine similar poor decision-making being involved here.
It's very unlikely that a whole group of people (say 5) would stay silence for 12 years if something happened with Madison during the party. Possible: yes, likely: no. Someone would talk already long ago. It's just human nature. It's very hard to keep a secret with a group of people for all these years. Only 1 or maybe 2 people at the most really know what happened to Madison, all the others just don't have a clue.

Jordy left around 1 am, but only from that moment Madison stayed in her tent while the party continued with only about 5 people left, Garret's tent was also up, he would stay camping as well but changed plan after an argument he got with his girlfriend at 2:45 am, then he declared the party over. There is no evidence Madison was warned that she was about to be left alone. But we know some sober drivers (the 'Allman' brothers ? ) arrived at the end the party and went to Madison's tent and asked her if she wanted a ride.

Jordy came back with her new boyfriend Tyler around 9 am saturday morning to get some stuff she left in Madison's tent. The tentdoor was wide open with no Madison. Jordy didn't know at that moment Madison was left all alone for the night. Because when she left at 1 am Garrets tent was straight too, he would stay camping too. She was in a hurry for work and just didn't think much of it. She had no clue. She didn't know then we all know now. Also she was in a new 'relationship' that only started just the night before and probably on 'cloud 9' with her thoughts too and certainly not showing the 'responsible' thinking most adults maybe would had..... hence we talk about a 20 year old girl. Not an adult yet.

The 'Black' brothers were the last to leave the party and Madison has been found on their property. Madison was never expected to be found, nobody could search that property without a warrant. I think it's still a miracle Madison has been found. Just bad luck for the perpetrator(s). Like someone said earlier here: usually the obvious happened.

Now it's up to RCMP, they probably have their 'suspects', now they need to find evidence......

If she had gotten lost in the woods, she was right

next to the lake, so she could have used the lake as

a frame of reference to get back to the campsite or

at least get herself out in the open where she could

be seen. Also, she had her celphone with her, and

it didn't shut off until Sunday.

The thing that makes me most suspicious it was a

rape/murder is that when her friend Jordy Bolduc

left the campsite at 1 am, she was the last of

Maddy's friends to leave, and the only people

remaining were Maddy and five people who Jordy said

were strangers. It sounds like these strangers were

the same people who started the fight that had

knocked Jordy into the fire a few minutes before she

left.

The following are some quotes from this article

about the disappearance:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/48-hours-explores-the-

mysteries-and-murders-along-the-highway-of-tears/

Word had spread (about the party) online. "It was

posted on Facebook, so that's how everybody found

out and went to Hogsback. Big party," said Bolduc.

Asked if there were strangers at the party, Bolduc

told Van Sant, "I know most of them, but the people

that came at the very end of the party, I did not

know. I had no idea who they were."

At one point, the party got a bit rough. "People got

up and started a fight behind me and I bounced into

the fire," she explained.

Jordy Bolduc was injured, so her boyfriend carried

her to his truck and told Maddy they were leaving.

"What did she say to you?" Van Sant asked.

"She was just like shocked," Bolduc replied. "She's

like, 'Really, you're going?' and I was like, 'Yeah,

I'm going.' And she kinda begged me and then I was

like, 'Well, you can come with us ... and she said

no ... she wanted just to stay there with her tent

for it to be safe."

"Did she tell you she thought it would be safe?"

"Yeah, she said she thought it would be fine," said

Bolduc.

"What time did you leave the party?" Van Sant asked.

"Hmmmm, I left around 1 [a.m.]," she said.

Investigators have focused a lot of attention on

Bolduc and the last people to leave the party.

"Common sense dictates that Jordy was a suspect. She

was one of the last people ... who spoke with

Maddy," said Sgt. Ken Floyd of the RCMP.

"I was probably talked to every single day for three

months," Bolduc explained. "I went in for like two

polygraphs."

"And the result?" Van Sant asked.

"They said I aced it. I aced the polygraph," she

replied in a whisper.

"Jordy is no longer a suspect," said Constable Tom

Wamsteeker of the RCMP.

(Although the police said they questioned everyone

at the party, I don't see how they could have known

who those very last people at the party were because

they were strangers. Jordy and her friends would

not have known their names.)
Bumping...transcript of JB's 48 hrs interview FWIW

It's very unlikely that a whole group of people (say 5) would stay silence for 12 years if something happened with Madison during the party. Possible: yes, likely: no. Someone would talk already long ago. It's just human nature. It's very hard to keep a secret with a group of people for all these years. Only 1 or maybe 2 people at the most really know what happened to Madison, all the others just don't have a clue.

Jordy left around 1 am, but only from that moment Madison stayed in her tent while the party continued with only about 5 people left, Garret's tent was also up, he would stay camping as well but changed plan after an argument he got with his girlfriend at 2:45 am, then he declared the party over. There is no evidence Madison was warned that she was about to be left alone. But we know some sober drivers (the 'Allman' brothers ? ) arrived at the end the party and went to Madison's tent and asked her if she wanted a ride.

Jordy came back with her new boyfriend Tyler around 9 am saturday morning to get some stuff she left in Madison's tent. The tentdoor was wide open with no Madison. Jordy didn't know at that moment Madison was left all alone for the night. Because when she left at 1 am Garrets tent was straight too, he would stay camping too. She was in a hurry for work and just didn't think much of it. She had no clue. She didn't know then we all know now. Also she was in a new 'relationship' that only started just the night before and probably on 'cloud 9' with her thoughts too and certainly not showing the 'responsible' thinking most adults maybe would had..... hence we talk about a 20 year old girl. Not an adult yet.

The 'Black' brothers were the last to leave the party and Madison has been found on their property. Madison was never expected to be found, nobody could search that property without a warrant. I think it's still a miracle Madison has been found. Just bad luck for the perpetrator(s). Like someone said earlier here: usually the obvious happened.

Now it's up to RCMP, they probably have their 'suspects', now they need to find evidence......
Hallelujah! That was perfect. From a local, thank you for saying this.

Bumping...transcript of JB's 48 hrs interview FWIW
Jordi addressed the 48hrs interview stating they didn't lay out her timeliness accurately. I shared the screenshots a while back, will share them again for those who may have missed it. Not saying this is absolute truth, just presenting information FWIW.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230604_090322_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230604_090322_Samsung Internet.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20230604_090330_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230604_090330_Samsung Internet.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20230604_090337_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230604_090337_Samsung Internet.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 20
ya, refers to her as her best friend, yet hadnt seen her for 2 years before the hogsback party. suspicious.

also weird theres not mention of jordi texting maddy in the morning when she woke up(saturday morning), youd expect something like "hey, were heading back out to the lake to grab my stuff, you awake?"
IMO, that's not suspicious. I have "best friends" I haven't seen in years. And FWIW, a quick Facebook search will reveal images of Maddy and Jordi's friendship.

Maybe Jordi's phone was dead and she couldn't text since she'd left with her boyfriend and was just coming back to the campsite to grab things before heading to work. We don't know Jordi well enough to say any of these behaviours are weird or suspicious. I'm sure to people who didn't know me, I did a lot of "weird" and "suspicious" things too when I was 20 years old. Just saying.

also weird theres not mention of jordi texting maddy in the morning when she woke up(saturday morning), youd expect something like "hey, were heading back out to the lake to grab my stuff, you awake?"

Everyone's different but I don't text/call people in the morning unless there's a specific reason to do so. (Don't want to wake people up). If I was going to front up at their house I would check to see if it was ok, but not if I was driving out to a lake.

I completely agree with this. As a lady who hung around with the “party kids” in high school, I experienced many nights where I was more sober than the rest for varying reasons, and tbh found it irritating enough that I’d just want to leave early and sleep in my own bed. Why would Maddie want to go to sleep early in her tent alone and without a guest, sober, all the while listening to the two groups of loud partiers fighting and revving engines? Even if she really did just fall asleep for whatever reason, if sober she must have had the ability to have awareness of whatever tensions were causing everyone to leave and that she would be the only one to spend the night. I’ve spent a lot of time camping, and you can hear absolutely everything happening around you. And at a lake? Everything echoes. You hear every fight, conversation, tent zip, and twig crack. Not to mention the cars gearing up to pull out. You don’t sleep through that in a tent, especially sober.

It doesn’t add up, and this is not just to discount Jordi. Multiple people said that “Maddie was the most sober person there.” Why the emphasis?

In my mind, if I was attending a party with people who weren’t even my closest friends (Jordi and Maddie hadn’t hung out for a year), I would certainly not be spending the night if I was having a bad time and not wanting to drink, and especially if my acquaintances were leaving. What’s more is that she was sleeping outside in a tent on a cool night with loud people around. I get that she may have been independent and enjoyed the outdoors, but she’s a young adult partying, I just don’t think the camping/solitude thing really adds up for an evening like that. If I wasn’t in the tent with a partner or a close friend, I would just leave if I wasn’t feeling like socializing with the party, personally.

The only reasons that make sense for her to have wanted to stay after two of her friends told her that they were leaving is if she was spending the night with a guest (a hook-up), or if she actually was experiencing some kind of alcohol poisoning or overdose. I’m aware she wasn’t a drug addict, but again, as a former teenager, I tried some substances stronger than weed once or twice throughout high school and college. Especially a summer evening at a lake, lots of young adults will find that as an opportunity to try something new for the first time. A bad batch or bad reaction only takes that one experience.

Perhaps it could have started as something without mal intent, like that she was having a bad trip or was passed out, and some poor decision making from bad and intoxicated friends thought they would leave her to sleep it off, assuming the responsibility to whoever else was going to stay. The missing information here is why she really stayed overnight, the narrative doesn’t add up and it seems that her parents and authorities have not received the full truth.

There are certainly bad actors involved, and it either pertains to an individual or group of individuals who have been covering something up to avoid getting in trouble (through the lens of their young, and poor decision making undeveloped minds 12 years ago), or potentially an unknown romantic interest who had bad intenti

I agree fully. While it is possible there was an accident or an overdose, I doubt it could be covered up for so long if multiple people were involved. Also, I don't believe that JB was involved, or that she sensed the gravity of the situation when she returned to the campsite the next day.

I don't find it suspicious that Maddy choose to remain at the campground, even after JB left. She was an experienced camper and familiar with the area. Her tent was already set up and likely she would not want the hassle of dismantling it during the wee hours of the morning. She was also reportedly very proud of her truck and probably would not want to leave it behind at a party where it could be trashed or stolen. Just because Maddy was said to be the most sober person at the party doesn't mean she hadn't been drinking. Although I'm making an a assumption, after everything I've read about Maddy I get the impression she was too responsible to drink and drive. Hence, I think she felt she had no other option than to remain at the campground alone. I don't think she was fearful though, as she seemed confident, independent, and outdoorsy.

My theory is that Maddy retreated to her tent as the party was winding down. Someone either lagged behind the others as they left, or returned sometime later, with the hope of engaging in consensual sex with Maddy. I think Maddy refused this person's advances, and there was struggle in or next to her tent that shifted her belongings and ultimately left it flattened. I think Maddy lost her rings in the struggle or removed them as a clue (reportedly she never took them off). I don't really have an opinion on whether Maddy was murdered at the campsite or if she was taken to another location (like the farm) and subsequently killed. Unfortunately I think was a case of a sexual assault attempt that spun out of control.

It’s all bs that’s why
Not necessarily all bs, but since her decision doesn't make sense if put like that it's either bs or she had some better reasons to stay (IMO).
So you're telling me that someone would just be burying a body on a property in the middle of the day?
Yes, pretty much.
Because:
1. There is not much of an excuse for hanging around somebodys private property in the middle of the night, while during the day it's possible to come up with something (hovewer unconvincing).
2. If somebodys property appears as a good place to dump a body, it's surely not owned by people who are taking great care of it, guarding it, working on it all the time, regularily checking if anything isn't a miss. Mostly absent, elderly or addicted owner who's unable to keep up with everything would be much more convenient choice.
3. I don't see a reason to wait for the night with big, secluded property and confidence that owner is somewhere else. Could be done during the day.
Speaking theoretically.

There is a big chance that we're not talking about burying but dumping in the body of water here.

I completely agree with this. As a lady who hung around with the “party kids” in high school, I experienced many nights where I was more sober than the rest for varying reasons, and tbh found it irritating enough that I’d just want to leave early and sleep in my own bed. Why would Maddie want to go to sleep early in her tent alone and without a guest, sober, all the while listening to the two groups of loud partiers fighting and revving engines? Even if she really did just fall asleep for whatever reason, if sober she must have had the ability to have awareness of whatever tensions were causing everyone to leave and that she would be the only one to spend the night. I’ve spent a lot of time camping, and you can hear absolutely everything happening around you. And at a lake? Everything echoes. You hear every fight, conversation, tent zip, and twig crack. Not to mention the cars gearing up to pull out. You don’t sleep through that in a tent, especially sober.

It doesn’t add up, and this is not just to discount Jordi. Multiple people said that “Maddie was the most sober person there.” Why the emphasis?
Something didn't go as planned long before people started leaving the party.
Cause we know for sure that Maddy bought full pack of beer, yet drank just one can. Jordi got drunk, but on her own/somebody elses alcohol. So it doesn't appear like Maddie was buying that for her too.
Of course, you're not going to the party with one single can of a beer cause the night is long and considering that Maddy wasn't tiny but more average height and weight she could safely have at least three cans through the night and not feel terribly drunk.
Three would mean that she wouldn't be in shape to drive. But if she had just one before midnight, then at 3am she should be in shape to drive. The limit in Canada is 0,08 so.

But that's a good question. Why the emphasis. To cover up that she should be the most sober cause as far as she was concerned, she drank very little but they knew that someone spiked it?
Or to make sure that nobody has too high expectations of their recollections of that night, cause everyoooone was soooo drunk?
In my mind, if I was attending a party with people who weren’t even my closest friends (Jordi and Maddie hadn’t hung out for a year), I would certainly not be spending the night if I was having a bad time and not wanting to drink, and especially if my acquaintances were leaving. What’s more is that she was sleeping outside in a tent on a cool night with loud people around. I get that she may have been independent and enjoyed the outdoors, but she’s a young adult partying, I just don’t think the camping/solitude thing really adds up for an evening like that. If I wasn’t in the tent with a partner or a close friend, I would just leave if I wasn’t feeling like socializing with the party, personally.
Maybe I could do that if I felt completely safe there and confident in my surroundings, but it's one thing to feel confident outdoors and another to feel confident in a tent in the middle of a bush party.
It's easy to be young and not think about possible murder or rape attempts happening while you're just trying to have a nice time and some fun, but it's harder to forget that staying in a tent alone with bunch of drunk young people around you may end up with some of them forcing themselves in "to take a quick nap" and end up vomiting all over your stuff.
The only reasons that make sense for her to have wanted to stay after two of her friends told her that they were leaving is if she was spending the night with a guest (a hook-up), or if she actually was experiencing some kind of alcohol poisoning or overdose. I’m aware she wasn’t a drug addict, but again, as a former teenager, I tried some substances stronger than weed once or twice throughout high school and college. Especially a summer evening at a lake, lots of young adults will find that as an opportunity to try something new for the first time. A bad batch or bad reaction only takes that one experience.
For me a bush party near lake are not the right circumstances to conciously decide to try on drugs. If everything was going great, small group of friends, all chilled then maybe but not like that.
Even a responsible girl may get tempted into experimenting with one thing or another, but not at "all welcomed" kind of party. I'm not buying that.

Not necessarily all bs, but since her decision doesn't make sense if put like that it's either bs or she had some better reasons to stay (IMO).

Yes, pretty much.
Because:
1. There is not much of an excuse for hanging around somebodys private property in the middle of the night, while during the day it's possible to come up with something (hovewer unconvincing).
2. If somebodys property appears as a good place to dump a body, it's surely not owned by people who are taking great care of it, guarding it, working on it all the time, regularily checking if anything isn't a miss. Mostly absent, elderly or addicted owner who's unable to keep up with everything would be much more convenient choice.
3. I don't see a reason to wait for the night with big, secluded property and confidence that owner is somewhere else. Could be done during the day.
Speaking theoretically.

There is a big chance that we're not talking about burying but dumping in the body of water here
This property is 160 acres. The driveway is long and the property is fenced. <modsnip: No MSM, LE, or other approved source to support, therefore considered rumor>

Last edited by a moderator:
She is connected in NO WAY to the highway of tears. She wasn't murdered on the highway. Hogsback is not near the highway. This is a bush party gone wrong and nothing more.
It's unlikely that she's connected to the so-called "cannonical" Hwy of tears murders. But this happened in the area, and those responsible for her death may be responsible for more than that.

At least in my book "party gone wrong" means that somebody gets lost and fells into the river while trying to pee, or everybody gets so drunk that one chokes on their own vomit and nobody can help cause they're too drunk to notice before it's too late. No need to hide the body.

Bunch of people trying to have some fun while drinking at the party while one or more individuals are targeting a victim for sexual assault and/or murder is not an unfortunate event that appears at random cause boys will be boys.
On the surface we have two possibilities here:
1. Either somebody dumped her body on somebodys private property to make the owners look responsible in case she's ever located
2. Or someone with full access to that property decided to dump her body there, to be sure and have their eye on her, making sure that she won't be found
neither of those strongly suggest that the person/persons responsible for Madison's death never did anything like that prior or after. So NO WAY to say with such confidence that it's not related to other assaults and murders.

I would think if a body is found it would automatically make the owner a person of interest, especially if they were at the party. If innocent why not allow a search in the first place? Sounds like some lawyers are trying to make more money

Do you have a media link that says that Maddy's body was found on a particular family's property? I've likely missed it.
I understand that locals might know, but I'd like to know if LE or the media has released that information.

Do you have a media link that says that Maddy's body was found on a particular family's property? I've likely missed it.
I understand that locals might know, but I'd like to know if LE or the media has released that information.
It was on the news. They showed it on a map. It wasn't difficult to pull the title and see whose property it was.

The property ('site of investigation') is shown on about 1 minute into the video. The family name is not specifically mentioned in the news reports.

There are things that have been said in town about HOW and WHO found her and it would be perfectly acceptable, that that way did occur. I will say again, with 100% confidence, that this has nothing to do with the Highway of Tears. I could say lot's of things but it would get me kicked out of here, so this is unfortunately where i will have to remain silent. Maddy wasn't an addict. She wasn't drunk. She was physically strong. She had a mind of her own. She was very close to her family. All the "assumptions" here are going down the wrong road.
To be clear, no one on this board has accused Maddy of being an addict - directly or indirectly. The term was used in a 'straw man' response to one of my posts.

ADMIN NOTE:

Who some new members think of as a "person of interest" or suspect does not coincide with Websleuths definition.

Websleuths long-established policy is that a POI or suspect is someone who has been officially and publicly named by LE as either a POI or suspect. That has not yet happened in Madison's case.

Naming of non POIs/suspects or sleuthing those individuals and posting personal information (i.e. addresses, contact info, etc) or posting background information (i.e. newspaper articles, court docs, etc) about them is not allowed on the public thread.

If members wish to sleuth away and discuss someone they consider a POI, they can do so in PMs but what is discussed in PMs is not allowed on the public discussion thread.

Jordi addressed the 48hrs interview stating they didn't lay out her timeliness accurately. I shared the screenshots a while back, will share them again for those who may have missed it. Not saying this is absolute truth, just presenting information FWIW.

Thank you.

Yes, pretty much.
Because:
Speaking theoretically.

There is a big chance that we're not talking about burying but dumping in the body of water here.

Fact :
1. The owner's sons were noted on Maddy's parents' white board as among the last to leave the party.
2. Maddy's body has now been found where they live, which is the last property on a secluded dead end road.

RCMP are now doing their job, but it may take a while.

I agree fully. While it is possible there was an accident or an overdose, I doubt it could be covered up for so long if multiple people were involved. Also, I don't believe that JB was involved, or that she sensed the gravity of the situation when she returned to the campsite the next day.

I don't find it suspicious that Maddy choose to remain at the campground, even after JB left. She was an experienced camper and familiar with the area. Her tent was already set up and likely she would not want the hassle of dismantling it during the wee hours of the morning. She was also reportedly very proud of her truck and probably would not want to leave it behind at a party where it could be trashed or stolen. Just because Maddy was said to be the most sober person at the party doesn't mean she hadn't been drinking. Although I'm making an a assumption, after everything I've read about Maddy I get the impression she was too responsible to drink and drive. Hence, I think she felt she had no other option than to remain at the campground alone. I don't think she was fearful though, as she seemed confident, independent, and outdoorsy.

My theory is that Maddy retreated to her tent as the party was winding down. Someone either lagged behind the others as they left, or returned sometime later, with the hope of engaging in consensual sex with Maddy. I think Maddy refused this person's advances, and there was struggle in or next to her tent that shifted her belongings and ultimately left it flattened. I think Maddy lost her rings in the struggle or removed them as a clue (reportedly she never took them off). I don't really have an opinion on whether Maddy was murdered at the campsite or if she was taken to another location (like the farm) and subsequently killed. Unfortunately I think was a case of a sexual assault attempt that spun out of control.
I agree. As an outdoorsy woman and similar to Maddy myself, (I did so much camping in my early 20s and was very proud of my vehicle too) I understand why she didn't leave. It's so much work to take a tent down, she probably just figured she would sleep and be fine as she ALWAYS had been before. It's awful everyone left her but I completely agree with your theory. Someone knew she was alone and she ended up on that farm.

She didn't overdose in her tent. No one would have kept that secret for 12 years. Especially with the media attention and posters EVERYWHERE. I really think she thought she would be okay sleeping alone there for a couple hours.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back