GUILTY Canada - Makayla Chang, 16, Nanaimo, BC, 19 March 2017

About da*n time!! (Sorry I couldn't get to this before today.)
So happy to see this news.
So devastated to know that Makayla was an 'alleged' victim of this horrible predator. But of course we all knew he was likely the murderer.

How can we stop these terrible men???

Actively participate in your childrens’
lives. Have dinner together. Pull together as a family. Work together on family and school projects. Know their closest friends. Invite their friends to your home. Know the other parents. Worship together if that’s your thing. Make sure that the kids trust you above all others. Keep their confidences. Accept what they say but check everything. If something seems suspicious, there’s probably a good reason for the suspicions. Pay attention to them before all the other “important” stuff in your life. If you want them to check in with you, you check in with them. “I’m stopping at the grocery store on my way home from work. I’ll be 10 minutes. Do you need anything? Do WE need anything?”
I let my kids know where I am almost all of the time if out of the ordinary. And they often times will tell me where they are without asking them.
Grow from parenting to friends. It’s a difficult balance but do the best you can do. And ask them how you can improve your relationship. What can you do to make the relationship better.
And hope for the best.

Finally, he will be brought back to BC. At least he has been in maximum security in Ontario all this time.

>Steven Michael Bacon faces a first-degree murder charge in the case. Chang was reported missing in March 2017 and the teenager’s body was found months later. Bacon is currently incarcerated at a maximum-security prison in Penetanguishene, Ont. In B.C. Supreme Court in Nanaimo on Tuesday, Oct. 19, Crown counsel Nick Barber made an application for an order to have Bacon returned to Nanaimo, stating sheriffs will leave for Ontario, this Friday, Oct. 22.<

Man accused of teenage girl’s murder to be brought back to Nanaimo for hearing – Saanich News

Finally, he will be brought back to BC. At least he has been in maximum security in Ontario all this time.

>Steven Michael Bacon faces a first-degree murder charge in the case. Chang was reported missing in March 2017 and the teenager’s body was found months later. Bacon is currently incarcerated at a maximum-security prison in Penetanguishene, Ont. In B.C. Supreme Court in Nanaimo on Tuesday, Oct. 19, Crown counsel Nick Barber made an application for an order to have Bacon returned to Nanaimo, stating sheriffs will leave for Ontario, this Friday, Oct. 22.<

Man accused of teenage girl’s murder to be brought back to Nanaimo for hearing – Saanich News

Is that a tear drop tattoo I spot underneath his eye...

Do we know what he was charged with in NB and ON, or if he was convicted on the charges?

"According to the Thunder Bay courthouse, Bacon is now facing charges of sexual assault, sexual interference, sexual exploitation and incest. The four charges are alleged to have happened in Ontario between 1996 and 2004."

Person of interest in Nanaimo teen's murder charged with incest; B.C. charges pending | CTV News

Geez, what a horrible creep. I'm awfully glad to know he's locked up tight.However, the thoughts ofhimtravellingacrossthecountrymakemenervous.(sorrythespacebarisstuckagain)

"According to the Thunder Bay courthouse, Bacon is now facing charges of sexual assault, sexual interference, sexual exploitation and incest. The four charges are alleged to have happened in Ontario between 1996 and 2004."

Person of interest in Nanaimo teen's murder charged with incest; B.C. charges pending | CTV News

I think we know why his child spoke up against him.
Yes, he is the scum of the earth.

I wish I could wrap my arms around anyone he hurt. Of course it is too late for Makayla, but to the rest, my hug is here for you.

Finally an update on this case. Apparently, he will be pleading guilty when he goes to court in mid August.

He's trying to save his sorry *advertiser censored*.
I still think about his daughter and can't imagine what she's been through.
So many victims in the fallout.

Missing B.C. woman confirmed dead in apparent homicide
Chelsey Gauthier, 22, was last seen in Abbotsford on July 27
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/chelsey-gauthier-homicide-1.4263252

AD

Chelsey Gauthier of Abbotsford was killed in 2017, and her body was found in Mission.

Chelsey Gauthier of Abbotsford was killed in 2017, and her body was found in Mission.

Man, 67, charged with 2017 murder of Abbotsford woman in Mission​

Gary Losch arrested in relation to death of 22-year-old Chelsey Gauthier

Charges have been laid against a 67-year-old man in the 2017 killing of Chelsey Gauthier of Abbotsford.
According to the provincial court database, Gary David Losch has been charged with murder and interference with a dead body. The date of the offences is listed as July 27, 2017 in Mission.

Thanks for catching this update.

From the article:

An autopsy discovered small amounts of methamphetamine and fentanyl in her blood, as well as evidence of cannabis. It also found evidence that Bacon and Chang had had sexual intercourse.

Bacon told police it had happened the day of her death and that it was consensual. Bacon also had convictions of sexual assault and violence in his past.

Poor Makayla isn't alive to tell us it was consensual. It seems pretty obvious that he was grooming her.

From this final summation of the evidence it sounds like he knocked her out and raped her then strangled her to keep her from telling. It's actually worse than I expected it to turn out initially. Would have preferred him to not be eligible for parole until his 90s rather than just his 80s

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back