CANADA Canada - Marianne Schuett, 10, Kilbride, Ont, 27 April 1967

Hi SIGMGZ, you say the people who live there now, do you know that the family of the man in question no longer resides there?

Do you by chance also know if this person you think it is, knew the Schuett family or was connected to them in any way? her brother said the family was surprised she would get in a car with a stranger, they were taught not to.

Not sure if this will help to decipher if this person you know is him or not?

With the other charges the LE suspect has received and gone to prison for, none were abducted and then murdered. The young children victimized were said to be over a period of 7 yrs, at those young ages I assume he had "access" to these children. This was after he would have taken Marianne and gone to prison for the attempt to abduct in Burlington.

Did he change MO so he could continue to molest little girls and not get caught, or was he getting too old to overtake someone? In 1967 it was suggested the suspect was 40ish. So if we add 24 yrs this perp would have been in or around the 60-65 range.

How many other victims does he have, that is a reason why the public should have his name, he is 100% considered a suspect, In most other cases in Ontario if you have a suspect you can name him/her? darn, they have even released persons of interest in past cases. This is sad that child molesters can have anonymity and privacy after death. The living victims he left behind it is not easy to accept that privilege.

The more cases we dig deep on here at websleuths the more I feel we may need to lobby to change some laws, maybe our life secrets should be released here on earth when our soul is released to god. The future would be so much brighter if people knew they could not take all the secrets, lies, and sins to the grave with them.
There is a new house on the site, it looks less than 10 years old. So the original house would have been demolished. I am not sure who lives there now but if it is still in the family it would be the suspects grandchildren.

The Facebook page " Our Hearts are Broken" Searching for Marianne Schuett, which includes some of Marianne's family members has details about the suspect. His name, where he worked and when he died. I don't think it gives his address at the time of his suicide in January 1991, but he was living in Hamilton at 100 East 35th street at the time.

As for him being know to the family, it doesn't seem so because none of Marianne's family mention that they knew him

There are some inaccuracies of the comments that are being made about the Marianne Schuett case. Updated searches are not posted here, Many details of the case were not followed up on in 1967. Many tips were provided to investigators and not followed up on.

Members of the Marianne Schuett group that have provided tips are adamant of the information they have provided and were involved in the original search in 1967.

Police searches during that time were covered up on a regular basis and shady businesses that were associated with this created an "Old boys club". (An old boy network is an informal system in which wealthy men with similar social or educational background help each other in business or personal matters).

Examples of an Old Boys Club: One young boy lost his life, the girlfriend said he was going to commit suicide. After retrieving the vehicle they did find a suicide note, however the family was not told about this and the girlfriend & family had to live with this horror. Another case involved a deceased body they found in a culvert off of Side road 5 was not spoke about.

Was Marianne's home within walking distance of the school she attended, ie would she have stayed for lunch at school or would she have gone home for lunch? (In my day, most kids went home for lunch unless they were bussed kids)
Please follow the case from the beginning, these are basic questions in this case.

SCHUETT

Marianne Schuett, age 10 missing since 27 April 1967

LINKS:

There are some inaccuracies of the comments that are being made about the Marianne Schuett case. Updated searches are not posted here, Many details of the case were not followed up on in 1967. Many tips were provided to investigators and not followed up on.

Members of the Marianne Schuett group that have provided tips are adamant of the information they have provided and were involved in the original search in 1967.

Police searches during that time were covered up on a regular basis and shady businesses that were associated with this created an "Old boys club". (An old boy network is an informal system in which wealthy men with similar social or educational background help each other in business or personal matters).

Examples of an Old Boys Club: One young boy lost his life, the girlfriend said he was going to commit suicide. After retrieving the vehicle they did find a suicide note, however the family was not told about this and the girlfriend & family had to live with this horror. Another case involved a deceased body they found in a culvert off of Side road 5 was not spoke about.
Are you an insider to this particular case? IF so, perhaps you can get verified as such by WS so that we can take your comments at face value? Here is a link that explains what the verification is, why it is used, and how to get verified: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

What comments are you finding inaccurate and what makes you think so?

Are you an insider to this particular case? IF so, perhaps you can get verified as such by WS so that we can take your comments at face value? Here is a link that explains what the verification is, why it is used, and how to get verified: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

What comments are you finding inaccurate and what makes you think so?

As a longtime member here at WS, from my understanding it is not a news site as such, but rather a place to try and put together all of the information and offer support to families who are very welcome to become part of the threads themselves. We do not claim to have all the facts, we just try to. We also explore possibilities and theories, and spend our time trying to keep the cases in the public eye. We are all volunteer sleuthers when our own time allows, so most assuredly are not complete sometimes in our coverages of cases. However, yes, if there are inaccuracies or gaps to fill in we are always wanting that from those in the know, from LE to family members. :)

It really bothers me when suspects commit suicide. Was he in custody or unrelated to the case? I don't think he was ever convicted or suspected of pedophilia when he was alive...he was only caught once, his victim was 17 and the charges were dropped...
assuming he is guilty...
Marianne first disappeared in 1967, maybe she was her first victim and he was lucky to get away with it? Maybe there are more victims and no one knows about them?

In 1972, he tried to force a teenage girl into her car, but she ran away from her and he was caught. But the charges were dropped, I don't know why. Maybe they didn't have enough evidence or the victim didn't want to go to trial?

Between 1971 and 1978, he assaulted two children, ages 3 and 9. They didn't show up until 1990 and that's when he committed suicide. So there is no solution for those poor victims...
If he had to guess, he would say that he probably wasn't a suspect until he died and they started looking into his criminal record...
everything is very sad...
either way
rest in peace

It really bothers me when suspects commit suicide. Was he in custody or unrelated to the case? I don't think he was ever convicted or suspected of pedophilia when he was alive...he was only caught once, his victim was 17 and the charges were dropped...
assuming he is guilty...
Marianne first disappeared in 1967, maybe she was her first victim and he was lucky to get away with it? Maybe there are more victims and no one knows about them?

In 1972, he tried to force a teenage girl into her car, but she ran away from her and he was caught. But the charges were dropped, I don't know why. Maybe they didn't have enough evidence or the victim didn't want to go to trial?

Between 1971 and 1978, he assaulted two children, ages 3 and 9. They didn't show up until 1990 and that's when he committed suicide. So there is no solution for those poor victims...
If he had to guess, he would say that he probably wasn't a suspect until he died and they started looking into his criminal record...
either way
rest in peace

who??

assuming he is guilty...

either way
rest in peace
I understand the charges were not dropped but reduced. He was originally charged with kidnapping, forcible seizure and assault causing bodily harm. However, those charges were withdrawn at the Crown attorney's request and the accused pleaded guilty to common assault. He spent 30 days in jail in 1972 and was on probation for two years.for the attempted abduction. Ridiculous inadequate sentence in my opinion..

At the time of his suicide he was under investigation for the sexual assaults of the two young girls you mentioned, but it was him being linked to Marianne Schuett disappearance that caused the suicide. A fresh look at the case by the police finally linked the reports by different police forces from 1967. The reports about the suspect and the car where finally linked with another report about the suspect cleaning out the car the next day , that included the license plate number. Once they knew the plate number it was easy to find out who owned the car in 1967.

The suspect some how found out that the police were going to interview him about Marianne's abduction. Supposedly the police where about to pay him a visit when he killed himself.

Last edited:
Not sure the publish date of this article but it must be after 2022.

Maybe we as the public ask that laws be made that cold case files should be opened or partially opened to the public after 50 years if they have no new evidence. Especially in cases where they have no remains found. I believe a large number of these cases could be closed, families hand down stories of elder family members, maybe someone would put two and two together and help solve a crime.

Just last week a column ask Lisi, was about a grand daughter inheritance of a plot of land with barn on property, this property was being left to her in the will and the grandfather wanted to share that great grandfathers remains are behind the barn. Not against the law to bury him there at the time but technically he was not buried all that was left was a skull. The grandfather who showed her the skull said he wanted to test out how bodies decompose if not buried and left his father there to watch him decompose. Granddaughter asked columnist if she should share the secret with the rest of the family as no one else ever brought this up. Surprisingly answer was maybe not.

Not sure the publish date of this article but it must be after 2022.

Maybe we as the public ask that laws be made that cold case files should be opened or partially opened to the public after 50 years if they have no new evidence. Especially in cases where they have no remains found. I believe a large number of these cases could be closed, families hand down stories of elder family members, maybe someone would put two and two together and help solve a crime.

Just last week a column ask Lisi, was about a grand daughter inheritance of a plot of land with barn on property, this property was being left to her in the will and the grandfather wanted to share that great grandfathers remains are behind the barn. Not against the law to bury him there at the time but technically he was not buried all that was left was a skull. The grandfather who showed her the skull said he wanted to test out how bodies decompose if not buried and left his father there to watch him decompose. Granddaughter asked columnist if she should share the secret with the rest of the family as no one else ever brought this up. Surprisingly answer was maybe not.
I agree that a cold case should become fully public record automatically after 50yrs. But. There will be opposition from families who have secrets to keep about their home lives, perps who obviously don’t want to get caught and even some victims who may not want to be found. There are also other lesser well known issues; police records are often very scarce in such older cases in many areas. Small towns got absorbed by bigger ones and police forces changed over from local to OPP or sometimes back to another dept. we imagine boxes of old evidence / interviews and notes but often these are long gone. Missing entirely if they existed at all. Back then police sometimes kept notebooks and didn’t turn them in.

And of course those who had nothing to do with it but were interviewed, they surely don’t want to be known to the general public. They may have old criminal records or newer crimes they don’t want known.

The way I understand it is a fam can ask to have the missing person declared dead after I forget how long and police would then no longer investigate and should it be solved, they would not be able to persecute due to loss of case integrity.

I don’t know if they would release to the general public or just to the family of the victim.

I still think they should make records public like physical evidence found. Or DNA tests of any items (genealogical research could help!). Autopsy reports. Interviews with witnesses etc.

I agree that a cold case should become fully public record automatically after 50yrs. But. There will be opposition from families who have secrets to keep about their home lives, perps who obviously don’t want to get caught and even some victims who may not want to be found. There are also other lesser well known issues; police records are often very scarce in such older cases in many areas. Small towns got absorbed by bigger ones and police forces changed over from local to OPP or sometimes back to another dept. we imagine boxes of old evidence / interviews and notes but often these are long gone. Missing entirely if they existed at all. Back then police sometimes kept notebooks and didn’t turn them in.

And of course those who had nothing to do with it but were interviewed, they surely don’t want to be known to the general public. They may have old criminal records or newer crimes they don’t want known.

The way I understand it is a fam can ask to have the missing person declared dead after I forget how long and police would then no longer investigate and should it be solved, they would not be able to persecute due to loss of case integrity.

I don’t know if they would release to the general public or just to the family of the victim.

I still think they should make records public like physical evidence found. Or DNA tests of any items (genealogical research could help!). Autopsy reports. Interviews with witnesses etc.
You bring up a lot of valid concerns about making unsolved (or solved) case files open to the public.

Having a person declared dead is a legal procedure that has its own concerns and reasons which are separate from a Missing person or suspected homicide case. Such a declaration of death is necessary for various legal reasons, such as settling of an estate, remarriage, guardianship of children, etc.

Other factors such as keeping confidentiality intact, and ongoing active police investigation are usual reasons. However, after a certain length of time, if there is no activity on a case, a decision to release some information might be considered.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back