CANADA Canada - Marshal Iwaasa, 26, Lethbridge, Alberta, burned truck found in B.C., 17 Nov 2019

Yes I agree, suicide is indeed a possibility. But Pemberton, BC is more than 1000 km (almost 700 miles) from Lethbridge. If I recall correctly, the family was unaware of any connection to that location. That’s the only reason it would seem unusual, to travel over 12 hours, through the Rocky Mountains from one province to the next to an unfamiliar remote location without any specific destination in mind, not contact anyone or say or even write goodbye to his closest family members.

However one reason I’m curious about any truck financing is the torching of it can sometimes represent an upward middle finger to prevent its seizure. Often times the resale value is less than the financing. To some young guys in this province, owning a truck seems to represents the epitome of life itself. The value appears to have been somewhere in the $10 to $15k range and while practical for work in the oilpatch, it’s not very practical at all for a student living in the city especially considering gas and insurance cost. So I admit, I do wonder why MI was still holding on to it.

Alberta’s sharp decline in oilfield opportunity, over 100,000 jobs lost in recent years, has hit males in their 20 to 30s especially hard as they entered the job market in boom times and that’s all they know. So indeed, for some sudden unemployment can cause lost hopes and dreams resulting in deep depression. But IM seemed to have risen above that and completed 1 1/2 years of technical education. Why’d he suddenly drop out midway and not tell his family? Surely somebody close to him, a classmate or Calgary friend knows the reason because whatever it was I think also holds the key behind his disappearance. JMO

It was mentioned that a friend of his was killed due to gang/drugs a year or two prior.

There were 80+ volunteers/searchers on the weekend of 1/28 and nothing was found. The family also mentioned that MI’s phone location hasn’t been looked into. I would have imagined that if he had xbox, laptop and cellphones, all those would have been searched. Someone set up a Go Fund Me to help with hiring a PI.

I thought about the suicide angle of this since I first started following his disappearance and I can’t seem to get behind why he would have driven the truck 700+ miles for that. I agree he seems to have been living a double life. He wasn’t attending school like he told his family and it just seems as though there is more to the story, but no one knows anything.

I have wondered from the start, if his body is located not far from the truck site. Carjacking gone wrong? This case seems to have more questions than answers. I feel horrible for his family/friends. I couldn’t imagine having a missing family member, let alone one with a burnt truck 700+ miles away.

From the official Marshal Iwaasa FB group:
UPDATE: We are able to confirm that after Sunday November 17, 2019 after leaving our mothers house Marshal was still in Lethbridge as of Monday November 18, 2019 at 8:30 am on the northside industrial area between Sherring and Churchill Industrial park. If you know anyone in this area please reach out to them to see if they saw anything that stood out to them on Monday November 18, or if anyone has cameras in the area that still have footage please review it.
The following items of Marshal’s are still missing (phots in FAQ): SAIT issued Samsung laptop, Samsung Galaxy S6 (Pearl), Mountain Hardwear Scrambler 30 backpack (Grey), and black wallet (we believe it was Nixon).
We have updated the FAQ with photos of these items, please review this if you have any questions.

Feb 18 2020
New lead in search for missing Calgary man
''As the search for missing Calgary man Marshal Iwaasa continues, new details are starting to surface nearly three months after his disappearance.

In a Facebook post to the public group FIND MARSHAL IWAASA, his sister, Paige Fogen, wrote that the family now has confirmation that Marshal was still in Lethbridge as of Nov. 18, a day after he was allegedly headed to Calgary and was last seen by his mother in Lethbridge.''

''The post explains that Marshal was in the Northside Industrial Area between Sherring and Churchill Industrial parks at around 8:30 a.m. and asks that any businesses or people with cameras in the area that still have footage, to review it for any sign of the missing 27-year-old.''

Feb 18 2020
New lead in search for missing Calgary man
''As the search for missing Calgary man Marshal Iwaasa continues, new details are starting to surface nearly three months after his disappearance.

In a Facebook post to the public group FIND MARSHAL IWAASA, his sister, Paige Fogen, wrote that the family now has confirmation that Marshal was still in Lethbridge as of Nov. 18, a day after he was allegedly headed to Calgary and was last seen by his mother in Lethbridge.''

''The post explains that Marshal was in the Northside Industrial Area between Sherring and Churchill Industrial parks at around 8:30 a.m. and asks that any businesses or people with cameras in the area that still have footage, to review it for any sign of the missing 27-year-old.''

If it’s true that his laptop, cellphone, wallet and backpack, etc were not found with the burning truck that certainly does give rise to other possibilities.

What was originally located near the vehicle in addition to what’s now determined as missing, on the surface, seems a very odd duplication of unnecessary personal items for one to carry around inside their vehicle especially the fact vehicle break-ins are widely known to be highly common in Alberta.

”Starke said along with the truck there were items scattered around the area including two passports, three cell phones, a smashed laptop, ID cards, toiletry bags and clothing...”
'It felt very eerie up there': Hikers find burned truck in B.C. that belongs to missing Alberta man

There has to be people who aren’t talking. If MI told his family he was returning to Calgary that day of the visit but instead he spent the night in Lethbridge, where did he stay, who had he seen? But hopefully somebody might be opening up to police and that information isn’t being shared with the family, if a criminal investigation into MI’s disappearance is quietly happening.

I feel so badly for MI’s family as they must feel like they’re immersed in a thick, dark cloud......originally knowing nothing more than what MI told them at the time his torched truck was mysteriously discovered 100s of miles away, later learning they knew even less than about their loved one than they thought.

The post said Lethbridge police confirmed he was in the north side industrial area between Sherring and Churchill Industrial Park around 8:30 a.m. that Monday morning.

According to the family, Iwaasa was supposed to return to Calgary the day he left his mother’s home in Lethbridge. One week after he was last seen, his truck was found burned out in the backcountry near Pemberton, B.C., north of Whistler.”

New details emerge about missing Calgary man

The combination here, of MI’s secrecy, deception and sudden disappearance, odds are this will not result in a positive outcome. I’d make a wild guess he’d become involved with organized crime dealing in the illegal drug trade. Multiple cellphones is often a red flag. The lure of money in the face of high unemployment in the oil field sector has proven a temptation some cannot resist. A really bad choice, unfortunately.

LordanARTS just did an interview with his sister. Does answer a few questions, such as for some of the belongings.

Thanks for the link but it's helpful to explain what those answers are, or at least provide an exact time for where that interview is in the video, or even better both. Otherwise every person reading the forum will waste time looking for something that you appear to know.

In reference to the above post this is the correct video:
interview with marshall's sister on john lordan.

For the latest update I will quote my own post:
From the official Marshal Iwaasa FB group:
UPDATE: We are able to confirm that after Sunday November 17, 2019 after leaving our mothers house Marshal was still in Lethbridge as of Monday November 18, 2019 at 8:30 am on the northside industrial area between Sherring and Churchill Industrial park. If you know anyone in this area please reach out to them to see if they saw anything that stood out to them on Monday November 18, or if anyone has cameras in the area that still have footage please review it.
The following items of Marshal’s are still missing (phots in FAQ): SAIT issued Samsung laptop, Samsung Galaxy S6 (Pearl), Mountain Hardwear Scrambler 30 backpack (Grey), and black wallet (we believe it was Nixon).
We have updated the FAQ with photos of these items, please review this if you have any questions.

Another FB update:
2/18/20 UPDATE: Thank you everyone for the support regarding Marshals disappearance. We have received many inquires regarding how we found out this information. Basically what we are able to share is that Lethbridge Police were able to confirm the information that was provided to us.

I know everyone is so invested in helping us find Marshal, we really appreciate all the support and we want to share what we can. If anyone knows any businesses in this area that still have came...ra footage or was in the area on Monday November 18 around 8:30 am and still has camera footage please review it. We are continuing to work with LPS and they are following up on any tips they receive to help us find Marshal.

Another FB update 3-2-20:
Tune in for an exclusive talk with myself, Kassi Iwaasa and Levi Cox about lethbridge man still missing Marshal Iwaasa Monday at 7pm on JessFM , thank you Levi Cox for reaching out to help us spread the word on marshals disappearance.

I don't know if this is a podcast or youtube broadcast. No further details were given on the FB page.
Whatever the platform it will broadcast tonight 3-2-20 at 7PM MT.

Marshal Iwaasa official FB group:
March 24 at 1:31 PM
UPDATES:
Our family had a very insightful meeting with our PI team right before Covid-19 erupted. We were left very hopeful on making some headway into more personal information regarding Marshals disappearance hoping it could lead us to new information, but now we seem to have hit a roadblock. From hope to further distress, this whirlwind of emotions is so very hard on us all. Things that needed to be done first are difficult now as many businesses and resources that we cri...tically need are shut down or prioritizing differently now.

Marissa just released an episode of her “The Vanished” podcast on Marshal Iwaasa. You can listen to it from the webpage:

Episodes — The Vanished Podcast

Such a sad, strange case. Imo.
After listening to the podcast, one detail that I couldn't help but wonder, what was he trying to acquire from the storage unit? Could this have been a factor in his disappearance? What about the three cell phones? Did the RCMP or family ever confirm if they belonged to Marshal?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back