CANADA Canada - Mary Ann Plett, 29, Edmonton AB, Sept 15 1971

Yes, with a "one-in-a-million chance", I don't think he was mapping anything out or blazing a trail of any sort. The items were not easily found, some were simply stumbled upon, and others were found by search dogs.

https://goo.gl/maps/Rzvo4bNyRGM2

It would be nice if someone from Canada could post a local map showing the location of Goose Lake Road and where exactly Pinto Creek Sawmill is located on that road. From there we could determine which side of the road she was found on and whether those items were discarded on the way back to or the way from Edmonton.

As far as Jake marrying so soon after the murder, he came to grips with reality and moved on with his life.[/QUOTE]

Snipped with respect

In regards to moving on and marrying so soon-

Perhaps... after an illness or even a accident but a murder I would think would be so traumatic, so much to work to go through, how anyone can come to grips and move on so quickly is quite puzzling to me.

Two hunters chasing game birds had come upon Mary Ann's briefcase in the Fort A--e area. James Boyd and Max Leigrand had discovered the case in what police consider to be a "one-in-a-million chance" on October 30, 1971. Valley of Shadows by Jake Plett, page 128.

If the two men hadn't found the case would the dogs have found it by way of proximity? As far as the "black-heeled brown shoes, glasses, leather purse and two pairs of sun glasses," could these items be specific because he stripped her of her female items? Maybe, because she was working a "man's" job he removed her female possessions and in that case he would make sure that they weren't found. I would like to see a mapped area of where all the items were found in relation to her remains. That would give a clearer picture.

He must have had a pretty good reason for taking her all the way to Lone Pine because that's a long way to go just to dump a body. How long has that saying been around in relations to real estate... location, location, location?

Posting this link from 2012, in case it has any relevance to this or other similar cases down the line.
http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/11/19...-on-guard-after-one-almost-locked-in-basement

"Re/Max broker Natalie Belovic, who has been in the industry for more than 30 years, said the job does come with some risks.

“Gut (instinct) definitely plays a part,” said Belovic. “We have to be very vigilant and watchful.”

Belovic, who gets as much information as she can before meeting, never lets the buyer walk in behind her at a property and if she feels “creeped out,” stands by the door, with cellphone in hand.

Open houses are riskiest, say realtors, since strangers can walk in off the street.

Realtors, who have long taken safety precautions, are not forced to host open houses, according to the board, which encourages them to bring someone along"

snip>

"The suspect is a white man, about 6-feet-tall, with pale skin, dark red hair and about 45 years old. He is fit and wore a suit and glasses, according to the board."
rbbm.

If the two men hadn't found the case would the dogs have found it by way of proximity? As far as the "black-heeled brown shoes, glasses, leather purse and two pairs of sun glasses," could these items be specific because he stripped her of her female items? Maybe, because she was working a "man's" job he removed her female possessions and in that case he would make sure that they weren't found. I would like to see a mapped area of where all the items were found in relation to her remains. That would give a clearer picture.

Those items do seem to remove Mary's female persona, frankly would not be surprised, imo, if the perp wore those items himself.

Those items do seem to remove Mary's female persona, frankly would not be surprised, imo, if the perp wore those items himself.

I think you're right. It could be the phase before wearing the actual skins as in how the SK could evolve over many years if not caught because the natural progression would become worse as extended periods of time went by. Somehow, the mother plays an important role in this and it may be an overextended desire to be more like her in and through her overprotection in childhood if there was severe abuse coming from the dad. Mary Ann had young children; I'm wondering if that fact would play a part also in the selection process. It seems as if many of the victims from the Edmonton area did in fact have a young child. This may also make them more desirable in and through the separation aspect to inflict the suffering on the child as well.

Very interesting, in particular, the difficulty profiling the killer...
bbm.
Lengthy, detailed article.
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...did-not-know-killers-star-analysis-shows.html

"Nearly half of murdered indigenous women did not know killers, Star analysis shows
A Star analysis suggests 44 per cent of the women were victims of acquaintances, strangers and serial killers. This finding is based on a Star review of publicly available information on more than 750 murder cases. Of that number, 224 murders remain unsolved"

Snip>

" By: David Bruser Jim Rankin Joanna Smith Tanya Talaga Jennifer Wells Staff Reporters, Andrew Bailey Data Analyst, Published on Fri Dec 04 2015

In the seemingly ceaseless tragedy of murdered indigenous women, the country has been left with one crystal-clear impression: the overwhelming majority of those women were in some sort of relationship with their killers.

This is not true.

A Toronto Star analysis suggests 44 per cent of the women were victims of acquaintances, strangers and serial killers. This finding is based on a Star review of publicly available information on more than 750 murder cases. Of that number, 224 murders remain unsolved.

There are many public lists of murdered and missing indigenous women in Canada. The Star compiled those lists into a single database then set out to verify as much information as possible. Relying on newspaper clippings and court documents, the Star’s database includes 1,129 names, dates and, when a case was solved, some information on the offenders.

Our review found 420 cases where details of the relationship between victim and offender were known. Some of them date to the 1960s. Of those:
Half of the victims were domestically related to the perpetrator. This includes all types of family and partner connections.
16 per cent of the offenders were acquaintances; 15 per cent were strangers; and 13 per cent serial killers.

Aboriginal leaders who reviewed the Star’s findings say they show that the killers cannot be easily profiled and that reasons why indigenous women make up a disproportionately high percentage of homicide victims are not so neatly diagnosed.

I just stumbled across this thread. I don't have time to read it in detail so I am just bookmarking.

A female real estate agent in the early 70's get murdered. Off the top there could be several motives relating to this murder.

OT...apparently,my grandmother was the first female real estate broker in Montreal....and I'm not young, so that was well before Mary Ann Plett. (I say "apparently", because my grandmother was known to tell a few fibs! She was highly 'successful' in any case, even if she was a 'character'.)

Just noting, wig ( scalping ) cigarettes ( tobacco), DuMaurier ( Ontario ), realtor (sell land), blanket ( trade )
imo.
http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/12/...nd-forgive-moms-unknown-killer-41-years-later
attachment.php

Alright then, where were we? Oh yes, a murder mystery..... sunglasses (Hollywood)

More coincidences?

James Fenimore Cooper wrote articles regularly for Graham's Magazine. Mary Ann Plett last seen at Graham Realty

Cooper writes about the lone pine that stood above Otsego Lake in his short story, The Eclipse.

Cooper's father, William, was also a "realtor", as was Mary Ann Plett, selling off lots and farms from his purchase of the Croghan Patent, a huge tract of land around Otsego Lake.

There's even a character in Cooper's story Home as Found in Chapter 16 named Wheaton. Her (Plett's) car was found at Wheaton Auto Sales.

Quid pro quo pleasestandby... and only because coincidences don't happen at that rate of influence whereby literal translation is concerned, specifically to one murder.

James Fenimore Cooper... Sept. 15, 1789 - Sept. 14, 1851... Satanstoe 1845 novel first in a there novel cycle followed by The Chainbearer and The Redskins.

Lone Pine, California... 3 hours north of Hollywood. Many western movies filmed there back in the day. Goose Lake... often referred to as Lone Pine due to the location of it's former post office at the Lone Pine store.

Smoking gun of Hollywood... Aleister Crowley... 1875 - 1947 sex cult L.A. OTO - Ordo Templi Orientis. Sadomasochistic sex rituals with men and women. Hard drug use of heroin, cocaine and on and on. Belief in raising powerful demonic spirits and spells. Didn't this crazy s.o.b. just have it all? There's a transplant from L.A. to the Edmonton area that brought it all with him. And more than likely it's multiplied and made many more of crazy just like Crowley. From the home town of Hollywood to the Wild West of Alberta and it seems he brought all of that s*** with him in his head and laid it all out real nice and fine using the creative mind of James Cooper. It's my best guess that we're looking at a firm location within walking distance of the Bonnie Doon Shopping Centre and it's also my best guess that the location will still be in ownership of an heir to the crazy who called himself James Cooper.

Here's a few other references to Sept. 15
Melissa Rehorek, Calgary last seen Sept. 15, 1976 when she left the YMCA alone. Body found Sept. 16 23 km west of Calgary. And does she have some links from Barbara Jean Maclean all the way to the HOT, of course unofficially.
Terry Blanchette and Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette, Sept. 14 - Sept. 15, 2015 Crowsnest Pass. Blairmore. Hailey's body was found on September 15th.

Think pleasestandby, think... because if I can get it to the gate then you should be able to drive it home.

Look who has just been released on parole in Vancouver, rapist once active in Edmonton, circa 70's and 80's..

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rry-Takahashi-released-in-Vancouver-July-2016
‘Balaclava Rapist’ Larry Takahashi released in Vancouver, July 2016

A man notoriously known as the ‘Balaclava Rapist’ has been released on day parole in the Vancouver area, following a previously shortened 2013 release in Victoria.

It remains unknown exactly where Larry Takahashi, now 63, will reside, but he is subject to a list of conditions, which includes a nightly curfew.

Takahashi was given the nickname after he was arrested for a rash of sexual assaults on women in the late 1970s and early 1980s in Edmonton
rbbm
http://www.theprovince.com/news/loc...released+parole+vancouver/12084898/story.html

So, from 1973 - 1981 we have the TransCanada Highway Murders of which a few were either contemplated or put on the HOT list.

Probing the mystery of Edmonton’s killing fields
Aug 5, 2017
"Homicide count for females in Edmonton
We identified 49 such cases since 1986. Our collection is in no way representative of the larger number of female homicides in Edmonton during the same period, and we may have overlooked relevant cases. Nonetheless, these 49 cases shared striking characteristics."

And Edmonton is the direct route to Prince George and the Highway of Tears. Highway 16 seems to have kicked off in around 1989 and about the same time that the Killing Fields of Edmonton kicked off. It would seem as if these three areas are directly connected and if that is so then we know that he is at least in his late 60's and would have been in his early 20's at the time of Mary Ann's abduction and death. There are too many connections and too many similarities to not believe that this is the same man. Most likely he was born and raised in Edmonton and sometime between 1971 - 1973 he moved which accommodated the travel between BC and Alberta along the southern route and then between 1981 and 1986 he moved back to the Edmonton area where he's been ever since.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fkownt
Back