CANADA Canada - Melinda Szamko, 29, Toronto, 13 July 2020

dotr

Reaction score
She seems to have moved back to Hungary. There is regular activity on her FB profile and no alarming posts from her family members, everything seems fine. She also seems to belong to the Roma community and some of her family members also live or have lived in Toronto.

The only Hungarian source about her is on the website of the Hungarian community in Canada, and is only a translation of the official Toronto police report.

Since she had to use her passport to get back to Hungary, the police must be aware of her leaving the country.

She seems to have moved back to Hungary. There is regular activity on her FB profile and no alarming posts from her family members, everything seems fine. She also seems to belong to the Roma community and some of her family members also live or have lived in Toronto.

The only Hungarian source about her is on the website of the Hungarian community in Canada, and is only a translation of the official Toronto police report.

Since she had to use her passport to get back to Hungary, the police must be aware of her leaving the country.

How do you know that Melinda left Canada?

How do you know that Melinda left Canada?

I do not know, that's why I wrote "she seems to have moved back" and not "she moved back" :)

She is neither in Canadian missing persons Databases nor on the official missing persons list of the Hungarian Police. The original post on the Toronto Police Website is gone too.

I searched these sites:
Help Bring Home The Missing - Missing People Canada
Ontario's Missing Adults
Felhívások | A Magyar Rendőrség hivatalos honlapja

I am positive she is not missing anymore. But you are completely right, she can still be in Canada and I was only guessing.

I was considering reaching out to her on FB (we speak the same language), but decided against it, since there is no official search for her anymore and I saw absolutely nothing alarming on the profiles of her family members.

I do not know, that's why I wrote "she seems to have moved back" and not "she moved back" :)

She is neither in Canadian missing persons Databases nor on the official missing persons list of the Hungarian Police. The original post on the Toronto Police Website is gone too.

I searched these sites:
Help Bring Home The Missing - Missing People Canada
Ontario's Missing Adults
Felhívások | A Magyar Rendőrség hivatalos honlapja

I am positive she is not missing anymore. But you are completely right, she can still be in Canada and I was only guessing.

I was considering reaching out to her on FB (we speak the same language), but decided against it, since there is no official search for her anymore and I saw absolutely nothing alarming on the profiles of her family members.

Thank you for responding, as I really didn't understand. It is good to hear that Melinda might not be missing anymore, and I hope she is doing well.

Thank you for responding, as I really didn't understand. It is good to hear that Melinda might not be missing anymore, and I hope she is doing well.

She seems to be upset about her brothers, but she is very cryptic, so I have no idea what's that all about, but the one brother she is posting about seems to be completely fine and has current activity on FB. I honestly don't notice anything out of the ordinary.

She is from the same town my family originates from, the world is really small.

I will end my FB-stalking now, it already feels weird :)

I do hope that Melinda is home now, or at least safe. She has multiple posts on her Facebook page, (linked above by @YaYa_521). There are several selfies posted after her last seen date.

I hope that Melinda can clear things up with LE, and have her missing information removed from Facebook if she is truly safe.

There is no search for her anymore, the missing post is already removed from the Toronto police website. I'm positive that only happened because they have proof she is ok.

Missing again, from Yonge and Gerrard, March 22, 2021 ...
April 3 2021

Toronto Police Service
Toronto Police Service :: News Release #49563
''Case #: 2021-609309
The Toronto Police Service requests the public's assistance locating a missing woman.

Melinda Szamko, 31, was last seen on Sunday, March 22, 2021, at 12:30 a.m., in the Gerrard Street East and Yonge Street area.

She is described as 5'3", 125lbs., with a slim build, shoulder length straight blonde hair, and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a white 'Guess' jacket with a hood, White 'Guess' shoes, and carrying a black hand bag.

Police are concerned for her safety.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back