GUILTY Canada - Melissa Richmond, 28, stabbed to death, Winchester, Ont, 24 July 2013

Anyone know when HR's next court date is?

The media seems to have forgotten about Melissa.

JMO

Four days for a bail hearing??? I wonder how long the trial will last. Four months?

They must do things really different in Canada compared to the US. In the US it would have been a four minute hearing and then the judge would have likely rejected the request for bail right on the spot. Not waited another month to announce the decision. JMO

Four days for a bail hearing??? I wonder how long the trial will last. Four months?

They must do things really different in Canada compared to the US. In the US it would have been a four minute hearing and then the judge would have likely rejected the request for bail right on the spot. Not waited another month to announce the decision. JMO

Usually bail hearings are as you described, but they can be lengthy if there are extreme opposing viewpoints. The strong legal presumption in Canada is to grant bail, so it can be an uphill battle of evidence and testimony to attempt to prevent someone from being released.

bumping this forward:

Have not found any updates on this -- no word even about preliminary hearing etc

I have been told that court proceedings will start this September 2015. I'm a wife of a soldier, who works on the same base as Melissa's mother. I have yet to see anything and I mean ANYTHING about Melissa's case in the media however, in a VERY long time :(

I was thinking about Melissa and her case. Hopefully this won't be hushed up anymore.

I have been told that court proceedings will start this September 2015. I'm a wife of a soldier, who works on the same base as Melissa's mother. I have yet to see anything and I mean ANYTHING about Melissa's case in the media however, in a VERY long time :(
DND has their ways.

But it will be reported on. Melissa is not forgotten.

I did read they are selecting the jury. There has not been as much media as I thought there would be. Maybe once the trial gets going.

The process was slated to have begun Monday, but four jury trials are scheduled to get underway this week and the Richmond trial was not at the top of the list.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/09/28/murder-trial-looms-for-soldier-howard-richmond-in-wifes-death-2
1297754009104_ORIGINAL.jpg

It's been two years, what's another couple of weeks.

Did Howard bonded out of jail or has he been in custody all this time?

Thanks wondergirl.

I'm not sure about that Joe Friday but I did read last night he is still being paid by his work place.
Not sure how that happens.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movalee
Back