Found Deceased Canada - Mohd Abdullah, 60, univ professor, failed to show up @ work, Kamloops, 14 Mar 2022 *Arrest*

YaYa_521

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
https://missingpeople.ca/2022/03/missing-senior-in-kamloops-bc-mohd-abdullah-60/
Police are looking for help locating a Kamloops man who’s been missing since last week.

Mohd Abdullah, 60, was last heard from on Friday, Mounties said in a news release. He failed to show up at work on Monday, which police said is “out of character.”

Abdullah stands five-foot-eight and weights 126 pounds. He has black hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information about his whereabouts can call police at 250-828-3000.

cops-missing-mohd-abdullah.jpg;w=960

Have you seen Mohd Abdullah? - Kamloops This Week

https://cfjctoday.com/2022/03/16/kamloops-rcmp-searching-for-missing-60-year-old-man/

Mr. Abdullah is a computer science professor at Thompson Rivers University. There is another pic available on his university profile.

Missing man identified as victim of Kamloops homicide

Following an autopsy, the Kamloops RCMP has identified the man who was found dead inside a vehicle in the 1600 block of Monterey Place on St. Patrick’s Day.

Mohd Abdullah, 60, was reported missing on March 14 after he failed to show up for work and police have now confirmed that he was the victim of what is believed to be a homicide

Missing man identified as victim of Kamloops homicide

Following an autopsy, the Kamloops RCMP has identified the man who was found dead inside a vehicle in the 1600 block of Monterey Place on St. Patrick’s Day.

Mohd Abdullah, 60, was reported missing on March 14 after he failed to show up for work and police have now confirmed that he was the victim of what is believed to be a homicide

SBM

Baird explained that police felt it was essential to identify Abdullah in order to further the investigation and “capture all evidence” as quickly as possible. [snip] “Mohd usually travelled by foot or took public transit,” Baird noted. “We are releasing two images of Mohd getting off a bus in the downtown area on Friday, March 11.” Investigators are seeking witnesses who may have seen Abdullah...

mohd3.jpg

Was he in the plastic bin IN the car? I'm confused.

Yes, it appears so. Perhaps the accused had unsuccessful intentions of transporting the body and burying or hiding it without leaving a trace.

https://infotel.ca/newsitem/kamloops-rcmp-confirm-murder-victim-was-missing-tru-lecturer/it89712

“Abdullah, 60, was reported missing on March 14 when he didn't show up for work. His body was later found in a vehicle by police…

….While police continue to investigate, a local Kamloops lawyer has been charged with interfering with a dead body, after allegedly storing Abdullah's body in a plastic bin…..”

This case is semi-local to me, following.
This is so strange, when you think of a homicide with attempt to conceal a body, you wouldn't think a university professor and a lawyer would be involved!
The linked article showed that it posted on Wednesday and referenced a delay in a hearing until Wednesday. Is that next Wednesday, or was it this week? Sorry if that's a stupid question.

This is such an odd collection of news stories. What happened here? Was Mohd the victim of a random attack? Was there an existing relationship? How was the lawyer identified?

I guess I should have expected that he would be granted bail because he's only been charged with 'interfering with a dead body', nothing related to the actual death of Mohd.
This is such an odd collection of news stories. What happened here? Was Mohd the victim of a random attack? Was there an existing relationship? How was the lawyer identified?
My guess as to how the lawyer was identified, based on what little we know, is his name might have been associated with that white Budget Rental van that had been parked outside someone's elses property (though it's never been outright stated, I believe the body in the bin was in that van). If this is the case, I'm surprised he folded so easily and didn't try to sell a story where he had rented the van for someone else and was unaware of the contents.
I think there's a lot more to Mr. Bagabuyo that LE is not releasing.

Let me document Mr. Bagabuyo's online presence before, inevitably, he gets removed from all these websites.
Butch Bagabuyo | , where he is listed as family law mediator, lawyer, and arbitrator.
"Butch Bagabuyo is a lawyer, mediator, arbitrator, and parenting coordinator. Butch has been mediating for over 18 years and is actively involved in many dispute resolution initiatives. Butch is passionate about finding creative solutions and assisting his clients in times of crisis. He is the first qualified Parenting Coordinator and Family Arbitrator in Kamloops and is trained and regularly conducts views of the children as part of his professional practice. Butch advocates for the children in times of divorce and separation—a time when most parents are unable to cope with the stresses and challenges of their new reality. Butch assists families to create a fair and reasonable child centered parenting plan and schedule as well as resolves their parenting disputes. In his spare time, Butch enjoys many sporting activities and spending family time with his daughters.

If you have any questions or would like to contact Butch, the best way to get hold of Butch is via email at: butch@resolvingdisputes.ca"

butch_pic-250x300.jpg

his personal website is called Butch Bagabuyo - Mediation, and shows he owns the company Bagabuyo And Company. Seems like he has multiple employees that work with him.
"About Us: Bagabuyo & Company is a dynamic organization committed to deliver focused expertise, innovative solutions, and a broad range of value-added services. Our team of qualified and experienced mediators (lawyers and non-lawyers alike) assist parties to a dispute resolve their issues by transforming their arguments into discussions and their problems into solutions."

"Butch Bagabuyo is an experienced trial lawyer with a busy litigation law practice in Kamloops. In addition to his courtroom skills, Butch is also a trained mediator and a skilled negotiator. He applies his understanding of people, especially during a crisis, to effectively resolve matters in a less threatening or costly manner. Butch continually promotes mediation as an option to all his clients because he passionately believes that mediation provides a better option for resolving disputes in a timely and inexpensive manner. When asked, Butch said “people want to hire me as litigation counsel but I often find myself telling them to hire me as a mediator instead so I can help them even more. “ For Butch, he “would rather be part of the solution than become part of the problem"
[edit - are you sure about that??]
butch_pic.jpg

this is the location of his law office.
Google Maps

I am wondering if the 'plastic bin' in question is one of those big Tupperware storage bins, a la Breaking Bad.
jesse-plastic-container.gif

Thats what I was initially thinking but then my mind went to possible body parts.. so, I'm going to stick with the garbage bin until we know for sure. yikes. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back