Found Deceased Canada - Nick Lush, 32, Calgary, 29 March 2015 *Arrests*

Yes Lois Lane. One of those two is interesting.

Yes Lois Lane. One of those two is interesting.

One of the comments is a quote from NL's wife. She has also posted it on her husband's FB page. She gives out a couple names.
https://www.facebook.com/lush.inc?ref=ts&fref=ts

The other comment is quoting the police statement where they said the last two people who were seen with NL have disconnected phones and social media. The person who quotes it makes the comment that Police know who they are if they know these specific means of communication are shut down.

<snip>
"Sources said the pair last seen with Lush have deleted Facebook pages and disconnected cellphones."
http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/04/0...trans-canada-hwy-sunday#.VR077tiRf84.facebook

Sorry to post here but do we have a missing thread for Paul David Whitson, 53, of South Cooking Lake, Strathcona County, AB ? If so I cant find it. Thx

Nick reminds me of the MANY labourers that worked with my ex. Rough around the edges, like to drink and party, some shady connections, but for the most part family guys.

I doubt there is any huge back-story or underworld connections to a shady past... I suspect that he went to a party, got mouthy or someone else did, an alcohol fueled fight broke out on the way home, and he succumbed to injuries. The buddies/perpetrators panicked and dumped the body.

His wife posted on his FB page that he got into a fight at the party around 1 AM and was ask to leave. That he did, on foot and that was the last he was seen. But then come the car connections. Hopefully the police find evidence in the car to link them to what I fear, is the death of Nick.

"Lush is a labourer by trade, but had been unemployed throughout the winter. He’s been married to his high school sweetheart for 15 years."

http://globalnews.ca/news/1918767/p...en-mans-disappearance-and-mysterious-assault/

Married 15 yrs ? His wife posts them as getting married last year, on July 19, 2014.

The friend comments in the article bother me. Why try to make him appear like a stay at home guy who never parties ? From his wall we see he does like to party, was arrested previously, states 5 charges were dropped Nov 15, 2013 and basically thinks the police are idiots. Don't gloss over the real person, it doesn't help an investigation.

Married 15 yrs ? His wife posts them as getting married last year, on July 19, 2014.

The friend comments in the article bother me. Why try to make him appear like a stay at home guy who never parties ? From his wall we see he does like to party, was arrested previously, states 5 charges were dropped Nov 15, 2013 and basically thinks the police are idiots. Don't gloss over the real person, it doesn't help an investigation.
We often see this type of 'Saint making' as one of our wonderful members call it. Family and friends think that by hiding the dirty deeds of the missing person, that the community will respond more favourably. It is understandable in a way... They don't want to disparage a loved one that could be in peril or worse, to the public. I agree that it doesn't help matters, but unless these facts are relevant to the disappearance, they aren't necessarily needed in the course of spreading the word to the public. Of course here, we search all avenues, but in general, airing one's dirty laundry may not serve a purpose. I am confident that investigators ask and dig for those details.

In regards to the marriage... maybe the news article meant that they have been together 15 years?

We often see this type of 'Saint making' as one of our wonderful members call it. Family and friends think that by hiding the dirty deeds of the missing person, that the community will respond more favourably. It is understandable in a way... They don't want to disparage a loved one that could be in peril or worse, to the public. I agree that it doesn't help matters, but unless these facts are relevant to the disappearance, they aren't necessarily needed in the course of spreading the word to the public. Of course here, we search all avenues, but in general, airing one's dirty laundry may not serve a purpose. I am confident that investigators ask and dig for those details.

In regards to the marriage... maybe the news article meant that they have been together 15 years?
There are many different reasons for the 'Saint Making'. For some, usually parents, it's a way to deflect blame... either from their own lousy parenting or to protect their child. For others, it's a way to whip up public attention and sympathy... or a prelude to a lawsuit... always the victim and certainly never a victim of their own choices.

Sleuthers are notorious for it. Somehow, it feels better to be sleuthing for a great guy who stands up against bullies, or innocent girl with an aspiring career... rather than consider the reality. Ironically, it's the real life details one needs to actually solve a mystery, because it's usually the dirty secrets that cause the mystery.

I suspect this isn't a case of a day laborer just trying to make ends meet, accidentally ending up at a party, who then got assaulted by a bully and subsequently disappeared.

I suspect somebody watched a few too many episodes of "Sons of Anarchy".

I figured it was fairly far (a solid 3 1/2 to 4 hours) but I suppose it could be.
https://twitter.com/cfcwnewsroom/status/584059862755057666

If we take into account what's been seen here: a single victim inside a burned out car makes sense, as the car was reported missing just a day or two ago and they had plenty of time to get there in the past week.

Of course it's only speculation but the scenario makes sense, if related.

I would also add that them being near Parkland County coincides with CB's expected attendance tonight (as per FB) at a concert in Edmonton.

I would also add that them being near Parkland County coincides with CB's expected attendance tonight (as per FB) at a concert in Edmonton.

I agree. There is however a lot of other crimes and criminal groups west of Stony Plain.

Here is the type of car that NL was possibly last seen in and the car that the body was found in today:

bec3be912fed4265cc24bcbe84ca5ea6.jpg

59af282943295884b95d25714f4c8be7.jpg

It certainly looks like it could be the same car... Look at the back window position and handles.

The fact that RCMP Major Crimea are involved suggests homicide. They are the same unit said to be in charge of the Nick Lush case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back