CANADA Canada - Nuseiba Hasan, 26, Flamborough, Ont, Fall 2006

200273278_2987098244945800_3061880286075153554_n.jpg

1/2 a full page ad, from the Hamilton Spectator, Page A6 Saturday, June 26, 2021

From link, thank you!

rbbm.
By Jon Wells Nov. 27, 2021
''She was last seen alive in the late fall of 2006, here at her family’s farmhouse on a 55-acre (22-hectare) property.

“We believe Nuseiba was a victim of foul play,” said Det. Daryl Reid, the lead investigator in the case.

Nuseiba’s family had sold and vacated the property before police searched it.

Some members of her family have left Canada for Jordan, the country on the Arabian Peninsula where they have roots.

The cold case is a mystery inside a riddle: who killed Nuseiba, and why — and why did someone in her family wait those nine years before walking into a Hamilton police station to express concern about her?

The picture is incomplete at best for homicide investigators.

But they have enough to not let it go.''

''One of Nuseiba’s other older brothers was named Nasser; Nasser Hasan was mentioned in the newspaper for running on the cross-country team at Drury.

Nuseiba, meanwhile, attended Sam Sherratt and Robert Borden elementary schools in town. After high school, she enrolled in classes at Fanshawe College in London, a 90-minute drive from home. She was five-foot-four, with brown eyes and dark hair.''

"In emails to The Spectator, Reid said statements taken from family members have helped detectives form an “investigative theory” about her death.

He said that “a family member or member(s) played a role in getting Nuseiba to the Flamborough family farm in November of 2006,” at which point she was killed, and “her remains were disposed of.”
''He said they have a theory about the manner in which she was killed, but would not offer details.''

''But Reid suggested Moses is not a suspect: “We believe the person(s) responsible is still alive.”

He also believes the killer remains at large in Ontario.''

News Release - Homicide Unit is investigating the disappearance of Nuseiba Hasan
''Nuseiba Hasan is of Jordanian descent, approximately 5'4”, with a slim build. She has brown eyes and black hair.

nuseiba_hasan_photo1.jpg
nuseiba_hasan_photo_2.jpg

DETECTIVES APPEALING FOR INFORMATION
Detectives are asking anyone who knew Nuseiba Hasan to contact them at this time. Anyone with information that they believe could assist with the investigation is asked to contact Detective Ben Adams by phone at 905-546-3836. Anyone who may wish to remain anonymous is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online at Crime Stoppers Hamilton | CRIME DOESN’T PAY…CRIME STOPPERS DOES

Sara Hasan refuses to believe the worst, holding out hope that her sister will come back home. Now, more than 15 years since her disappearance, Sara fears her sister may have been trafficked or worse.

“I feel that she’s alive and that she’s out there,” Hasan says in a new podcast. “Not a day goes by that I don’t think of her. Sometimes I think, what did I do to her? Was I not there enough? Could I have been better?”

More at This Canadian was reported missing nine years after she disappeared. What happened to Nuseiba Hasan? | Windsor Star

Sara Hasan refuses to believe the worst, holding out hope that her sister will come back home. Now, more than 15 years since her disappearance, Sara fears her sister may have been trafficked or worse.

“I feel that she’s alive and that she’s out there,” Hasan says in a new podcast. “Not a day goes by that I don’t think of her. Sometimes I think, what did I do to her? Was I not there enough? Could I have been better?”

More at This Canadian was reported missing nine years after she disappeared. What happened to Nuseiba Hasan? | Windsor Star
Nuseiba's sister may wish to believe that Nuseiba is alive, but I am convinced that Nuseiba was murdered by her father or other male relatives.

Thanks for the fresh, lengthy link!

by Talha Hashmani
Feb 23, 2022
''Land records show that Moses bought the family farm in September 2006. He passed away in 2012, and the farm was sold to another family in 2016.''

''Nuseiba was made to follow strict religious principles. In an interview with Nosheen, Sara says her siblings were raised to follow her father’s religious expectations. These included having a curfew, not being allowed to attend parties, and for the women in the family it was necessary to wear the hijab. But pictures of Nuseiba online show her both with and without a headscarf.''

''Nuseiba had Yasmin shortly after she turned 19 and gave her up when she was 21. Yasmin was in foster care for about a year before she was adopted and didn’t know her mother’s name until January 2017. She came across an article about Nuseiba and was able to confirm with police that the missing woman of Jordanian descent was Yasmin’s biological mother''

“Yep. It’s part of the reason why I’m choosing to remain private,” says Yasmin. “If there’s someone out there who did harm to (Nuseiba) and they’re walking around the community like nothing happened, that is scary.”
The first two episodes of Conviction: The Disappearance of Nuseiba Hasan premiered on Spotify on Feb. 22.

I grew up near 8th Concession and I’ve recently moved back to the area. Nuseiba’s story has always bugged me.

I’m not sure how useful this is, but I went through the historical aerial imagery available through Google Earth to see if anything interesting could be seen. Unfortunately, a big chunk of time is missing, right around Nuseiba’s disappearance (Dec. 2005 to Aug. 2009). I’m going to look into other sources for historical imagery but I’ll leave what I have now here in case anyone notices something I’ve missed.

It’s worth noting that I don’t exactly know where the property line is, so I’ve included what I believe is the entire property in the images, but it is possible that the property extends further back, into the wooded area. However, based on what I know about this area, I believe that’s a swampy area (part of the Beverly Marsh) so we likely wouldn’t be able to see anything through the trees.

Notes:
- 11-2004: This is our first high-quality image of the property.
- 12-2005: This image is very good quality. Behind the house and barn they appear to have some animals, maybe cows? There also appears to be some old cars and farm equipment strewn around the property, and what looks like scrap metal dumped in the corner of one of the fields behind the house. This is the last aerial image before Nuseiba goes missing.
- 08-2009: This image is unfortunately very poor quality, but I noticed a new excavation in the northeast corner of the field behind the house. In later images this looks like it might be a dug pond.
- 09-2016: This would be around the time the house was sold. The police searched the property shortly afterwards.
- 04-2017: The new owner builds a new house on the property. There are some areas that look excavated. I’m not sure if they were getting fill for the house or if these are areas where the police searched with the backhoe. The ‘pond’ at the northeast corner also looks like there’s been digging.
- 09-2017: The new owner has demolished the old farmhouse.

New article from the Hamilton Spectator: https://www.thespec.com./news/hamilton-region/2022/06/08/hamilton-nuseiba-hasan-cold-case.html
Just this week, a Facebook page under the name Nuseiba Hasan was created, featuring a legitimate photo of Nuseiba taken years ago, where she is wearing a red dress. (One person — the “Nuseiba” account itself — “liked” the picture.) The page includes hashtags for Vancouver Island, Napa Valley, Italy and France, as though to suggest she has been travelling. Her Canadian passport expired in 2011 and was never renewed, according to police.
Looking at the Facebook account it appears that its first post was made on June 7th at night. :oops:
1312312313.png

I grew up near 8th Concession and I’ve recently moved back to the area. Nuseiba’s story has always bugged me.

I’m not sure how useful this is, but I went through the historical aerial imagery available through Google Earth to see if anything interesting could be seen. Unfortunately, a big chunk of time is missing, right around Nuseiba’s disappearance (Dec. 2005 to Aug. 2009). I’m going to look into other sources for historical imagery but I’ll leave what I have now here in case anyone notices something I’ve missed.

It’s worth noting that I don’t exactly know where the property line is, so I’ve included what I believe is the entire property in the images, but it is possible that the property extends further back, into the wooded area. However, based on what I know about this area, I believe that’s a swampy area (part of the Beverly Marsh) so we likely wouldn’t be able to see anything through the trees.

Notes:
- 11-2004: This is our first high-quality image of the property.
- 12-2005: This image is very good quality. Behind the house and barn they appear to have some animals, maybe cows? There also appears to be some old cars and farm equipment strewn around the property, and what looks like scrap metal dumped in the corner of one of the fields behind the house. This is the last aerial image before Nuseiba goes missing.
- 08-2009: This image is unfortunately very poor quality, but I noticed a new excavation in the northeast corner of the field behind the house. In later images this looks like it might be a dug pond.
- 09-2016: This would be around the time the house was sold. The police searched the property shortly afterwards.
- 04-2017: The new owner builds a new house on the property. There are some areas that look excavated. I’m not sure if they were getting fill for the house or if these are areas where the police searched with the backhoe. The ‘pond’ at the northeast corner also looks like there’s been digging.
- 09-2017: The new owner has demolished the old farmhouse.

Super organized, thank you @nightgoat!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kristirobots
Back