Found Safe Canada - O’Driscoll-Zak sisters, 2 & 5, abduction by aunt & grandmother, Cochrane, 12 Mar 2021

If the children are afraid of their father, I would expect that he will rely on professionals and therapists for gradual re-unification. He is aware of what has happened regarding parental alienation and will understand the risks associated with forcing the children into a situation that they believe is dangerous.

I think so too, the reunification will be gradual. This has gone far beyond a typical child custody feud over which parent the child lives with.

Otherwise the Court could be setting up the father for instant failure plus creating additional trauma to the children. The first time either child had outside contact and expressed fear of their father, not surprising considering court records, just one phone call and Child Protective Services would step in to take the children away. That would accomplish nothing which is why I really doubt this is what’s going to be happening here. Since the dad now has full custody, the mother can’t interfere with what is best for the children.

Oh my ... I don’t know what to think about this situation, it’s so sad what has been done to these precious little girls. I knew of a case once where two little kids were told constantly by their mother and grandparents that their father and his girlfriend were criminals and had guns...meanwhile the little girl was being sexually molested by her mothers brother! If only adults could put their differences aside in the best interest of their children. Prayers for CZ that he and his little girls receive the support they need to reunite and be happy together and that their mother and her family recognize the harm they have done and do what is best for the children. MOO

Hopefully the mother's lawyers, Diann Castle and Tanya Kelm, will step up to explain what they meant about "upset" [about] "bodies" "somewhere else."

The mother's lawyers made bizarre comments about RCMP during the search for the children. I think those lawyers should explain why they cast aspersions on the RCMP while the children were missing.

Castle said ... in her 32-year career ... “due process has not been followed.”

Co-counsel Tanya Kelm said ... "RCMP are only investigating one possible conclusion."

“ ... RCMP has a reason to believe they’re safe — ... if they don’t and their bodies show up somewhere else I would be very upset,” said Castle."
LOCATED SAFE – 'Our hearts are beyond broken': RCMP have yet to locate two Cochrane sisters three weeks after disappearance

Did Castle and Kelm, as legal representatives of the mother, think that the grandmother and aunt would murder the children? Did the mother think that her mother and sister would murder the children?

Why did the mother's lawyers comment about bodies in relation to the RCMP investigation into the missing children?

I'm confused. Are there any suspects in this abducted children story?

"In relation to the abduction of Leonine O'Driscoll-Zak and Wyatt O'Driscoll-Zak, Alison O'Driscoll (38) and Therese O'Driscoll (68) have been charged with:
  • Forcible confinement contrary to section 279(2) of the Criminal Code
  • Abduction of a person under the age of 14 contrary to section 281 of the Criminal Code
  • Abduction in contravention of a parenting order contrary to section 282(1) of the Criminal Code
  • Abduction contrary to section 283 of the Criminal Code
Currently, processes are underway to have both accused returned to Alberta.
Cochrane RCMP request assistance to locate two children and two adults – Update 5 – Charges laid | Royal Canadian Mounted Police

Charges laid. When RCMP has some idea about where the missing children might be, the prosecutor is involved to assist with strategies to obtain evidence and to decide what charges will be laid.

There were comments upthread about why there were no warrants even though RCMP, Canadian Border Police and Interpol were looking for the children. Arrest warrants are sometimes delayed until they can be delivered.

Thankfully, the abductors were not "bodies" and the children have community support.

Hopefully the mother's lawyers, Diann Castle and Tanya Kelm, will step up to explain what they meant about "upset" [about] "bodies" "somewhere else."

The mother's lawyers made bizarre comments about RCMP during the search for the children. I think those lawyers should explain why they cast aspersions on the RCMP while the children were missing.

Co-counsel Tanya Kelm said ... "RCMP are only investigating one possible conclusion."

“ ... RCMP has a reason to believe they’re safe — ... if they don’t and their bodies show up somewhere else I would be very upset,” said Castle."
LOCATED SAFE – 'Our hearts are beyond broken': RCMP have yet to locate two Cochrane sisters three weeks after disappearance

Did Castle and Kelm, as legal representatives of the mother, think that the grandmother and aunt would murder the children? Did the mother think that her mother and sister would murder the children?

Why did the mother's lawyers comment about bodies in relation to the RCMP investigation into the missing children?
Maybe one of the allegations, or suspicions may be a more accurate word, being made by the family members is that the father would kill all four of them, comparing his behavior to actual cases of filicide in Canada where men murdered their daughters allegedly to retaliate against the mother for custody disputes.
It’s taking the intent of “parental alienation” to another level but there seem to be no boundaries.
JMO and hypothetical

Maybe one of the allegations, or suspicions may be a more accurate word, being made by the family members is that the father would kill all four of them, comparing his behaviour to actual cases of filicide in Canada where men murdered their daughters allegedly to retaliate against the mother for custody disputes.
It’s taking the intent of “parental alienation” to another level but there seem to be no boundaries.
JMO and hypothetical

That was the hidden implication from the mother's lawyers', Diann Castle and Tanya Kelm; that the abductors might be "bodies" that made the lawyer "upset."

Was the father threatening to murder the abductors and/or children? Why did the mother's lawyers come up with this bizarre scenario?

The mother's lawyers suggested that RCMP might have it wrong and the abductors might be "bodies" "somewhere else" that "upset" those same lawyers?

Canada has a history of parents, both mother and father, murdering children. Unlike Andrea Yakes, there is no prison time. Crazy is recognized and treated. There was a woman from New Zealand or Australia who murdered her children in Canada and, after she was released, she suidided.

I'm confused. Are there any suspects in this abducted children story?

"In relation to the abduction of Leonine O'Driscoll-Zak and Wyatt O'Driscoll-Zak, Alison O'Driscoll (38) and Therese O'Driscoll (68) have been charged with:
  • Forcible confinement contrary to section 279(2) of the Criminal Code
  • Abduction of a person under the age of 14 contrary to section 281 of the Criminal Code
  • Abduction in contravention of a parenting order contrary to section 282(1) of the Criminal Code
  • Abduction contrary to section 283 of the Criminal Code
Currently, processes are underway to have both accused returned to Alberta.
Cochrane RCMP request assistance to locate two children and two adults – Update 5 – Charges laid | Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Surely we can sleuth the kidnappers since they’ve been charged, but I’m not finding much, no social media I can be sure about and no recent posts anyway.

Alison teaches yoga in Calgary but the studio is closed by mandatory order, I went back to June 2020 of the virtual class schedule and she hasn’t been teaching. I know for some people, receiving unemployment nets them more than working during Covid, no matter how much you love your job survival can be more important.
JMO
Team - Alison O'Driscoll - Teacher - Yoga Santosha

That was the hidden implication from the mother's lawyers', Diann Castle and Tanya Kelm; that the abductors might be "bodies" that made the lawyer "upset."

Was the father threatening to murder the abductors and/or children? Why did the mother's lawyers come up with this bizarre scenario?

The mother's lawyers suggested that RCMP might have it wrong and the abductors might be "bodies" "somewhere else" that "upset" those same lawyers?

Canada has a history of parents, both mother and father, murdering children. Unlike Andrea Yakes, there is no prison time. Crazy is recognized and treated. There was a woman from New Zealand or Australia who murdered her children in Canada and, after she was released, she suidided.
The family may not be hiding their accusation of the the father’s capability of filicide as well as the lawyers, (meaning not at all and blatant).
JMO, hypothetical

Surely we can sleuth the kidnappers since they’ve been charged, but I’m not finding much, no social media I can be sure about and no recent posts anyway.

Alison teaches yoga in Calgary but the studio is closed by mandatory order, I went back to June 2020 of the virtual class schedule and she hasn’t been teaching. I know for some people, receiving unemployment nets them more than working during Covid, no matter how much you love your job survival can be more important.
JMO
Team - Alison O'Driscoll - Teacher - Yoga Santosha

The yoga studio was the only thing I found about the aunt as well. No other social media at all.

I think that was her lawyers’ feeble attempt to direct focus away from their client having any involvement in the abduction. Disgusting in my opinion, no scruples to stoop so low as to suggest their client’s mother, sister and children might all be dead in order to make a point. The insinuation is clear to me - the father of the children is portrayed as the villain who’s destroying their client’s life so police ought to look at him. JMO

'Our hearts are beyond broken': RCMP have yet to locate two Cochrane sisters three weeks after disappearance | Calgary Herald
“Diann Castle, one of the lawyers representing Jacqui, said the girls’ mother is feeling “terrible.”

“She’s a wreck,” said Castle. “These children are all that she lived for, worked for, everything. Can you imagine not seeing your kids for three weeks?”...”

Last edited:
The family may not be hiding their accusation of the the father’s capability of filicide as well as the lawyers, (meaning not at all and blatant).
JMO, hypothetical

Wouldn’t surprise me if it was intentionally pointed. After allegations of abuse, then comes sexual abuse, not much left beyond that other than filicide.

Interesting though, it appears custody was removed from the mother because of similar concerns.

https://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abca/doc/2021/2021abca131/2021abca131.html?resultIndex=1
[16] As a result, the case management judge indicated that under the best interests of the child test and the new s 16(2) of the Act, Ms O’Driscoll’s actions gave her concerns for the children’s physical, emotional, and psychological safety, security, and well-being.

Charges laid. When RCMP has some idea about where the missing children might be, the prosecutor is involved to assist with strategies to obtain evidence and to decide what charges will be laid.

There were comments upthread about why there were no warrants even though RCMP, Canadian Border Police and Interpol were looking for the children. Arrest warrants are sometimes delayed until they can be delivered.

Thankfully, the abductors were not "bodies" and the children have community support.

Yes the RCMP did a really commendable job. While the abductors may’ve received assistance, others assisted police in locating them.

Aunt, grandmother of previously missing Alberta girls charged with abduction
“This has been a long and challenging investigation that has caused understandable concern to all involved,” he said.

“These challenges are due to the understandable emotional commitment of the parties and intersecting roles of multiple government systems, including the courts, children’s service and police.”

The search for the children involved RCMP working with Canada Border Services Agency, Interpol and law enforcement agencies in the U.S., to ensure the girls weren’t taken out of the country, Jané said.

Our investigators were very mindful of the potential risks to the children, and had to balance the public’s right to know versus the evidence being gathered as we tried to locate them,” Jané said, adding police don’t release all information they learn in investigations.

Jané said investigators pursued many leads throughout the month-long search for the children, including interviewing people and neighbours, which eventually led them to B.C......”

MOO.

I think that these Lawyers should be brought before the Bar and investigated. I wouldn’t hire either of them and find their conduct highly disreputable.

AGAIN...MOO

The yoga studio was the only thing I found about the aunt as well. No other social media at all.
I recall an earlier linked post that AOD had recently started working at a law firm (paralegal? legal assistant). Her tenure would have been only a few months prior to the abduction.

Last edited:
I recall an earlier linked post that AOD had recently started working at a law firm (paralegal? legal assistant). Her tenure would have been only a few months prior to the abduction.

I'm surprised that she still has a job, but her profile is still on the team webpage.

"PROFILE: ALISON O’DRISCOLL - LEGAL ASSISTANT
Alison_BW_SQ256.jpg

Alison began her work in the legal profession as a receptionist and intake worker at a not-for -profit law office, during which time she also gained experience as a social benefits advocate and client services coordinator. Alison then joined a law firm in Calgary that practised mainly corporate/commercial and regulatory matters and further expanded her experience to include law office administration and legal assisting.

Alison was thrilled to join the Maverick Law team in July 2020 and primarily assists with corporate/commercial law, estate/probate law, and litigation files.

Alison loves animals, likes to cook, and spends as much time outside as possible."
Team Profile Maverick Law Bragg Creek / Redwood Meadows

Over recent years I've picked up an interest in the Canadian legal system. Contrasted with our US system it is... interesting. I'm glad these kids were found alive and assuming they're physically undamaged I'm sure they still have the potential to grow up perfectly normal.

Now, the details about the handling of these characters is what I'm still tuning in for. Seems like there are some almost-official accusations of some crazy stuff and some tacit indications of support from her workplace. Something strange is going on here. Most likely in someone's head but will we even get to know about that, even through court documents? I expect this will disappear from Canadian news very quickly now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hardsaf
Back