GUILTY Canada - Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka, murdered, 1993

...continued live Tweeting.

***Same cautions as above. Killer is speaking unchecked. I have chosen not to cut and paste graphic statements about his sexual life.
Catherine McDonald
@cmcdonaldglobal

·
5m

he's now reading a letter from Bridges to New Life. whomever wrote the letter says he would be accepted despite his status. His day parole plan is also Kelowna. 3000 km away from Ontario where he committed his crimes. Less media interest, public outcry and protest.

Catherine McDonald
@cmcdonaldglobal

·
6m

"the board is my only means to get on the anti androgen medication." he wants parole so he can get counselling and the medication. would like to stay in Ontario but understands notoriety, would like to reside at the Bridges to New Life halfway house in #Kelowna BC, 5 beds

Catherine McDonald
@cmcdonaldglobal

·
8m

Bernardo: the medication puts my risk for sexual violence, to low risk and as well puts my security classification score at below 15 which would make me a minimum security offender. make that "anti androgen medication"

Catherine McDonald
@cmcdonaldglobal

·
9m

and know I need to be equal with women. Shows an extraordinarily level of behavioral restraint. No longer needs to control women. "my knowledge of my crime process and use of anti antigen medication ... is the antithesis of the dangerous offender criteria"

Catherine McDonald
@cmcdonaldglobal

·
11m

says he accepts that he needs to take anti sex drive medication. he's willing to take it "this is indicative of the virtuous person I am". shows he's no longer preoccupied with sex or need to exploit women. voluntarily doing this shows I no longer need self adoration. I am humble

Catherine McDonald
@cmcdonaldglobal

·
16m

O'Brien says there are a number of areas he's concerned about. Bernardo agrees. "you've engaged in horrific and heinous acts ... " says O'Brien. "you're finishing programs but you would become defensive, argumentative and litigious when you were given feedback you didn't like"

Catherine McDonald
@cmcdonaldglobal

O'Brien says self management plans (submitted April 2021) are confusing and unwieldy. Appear to be generated without the advice of professionals he's been working with. Bernardo says they are the ten steps from the program he's been given.

....the journalist live-Tweeting seems to have reached her breaking point as well:

Catherine McDonald
@cmcdonaldglobal

·
1m

I'm not expert in forensic psychiatry but he seems to have all the answers for the parole board. He just talked about the movie "Sleepless in Seattle" (though he hasn't seen it) and says "I'm not perfect. I'll take programming every day for the rest of my life."

9525E095-E1D2-4EA9-BE76-2908B716D473.jpeg

Remembering your lives and how kind and dignified you were. Your families are continuing your legacy. Wishing them strength today, especially.

18546_9da4cf2a-8274-481a-921c-e48433a4e89b.jpeg

Thinking of you and how you were described as bright and kind. Wishing you peace.

Difficult day for all of the survivors. ❤️

Photos from: Tammy Lyn Homolka (1975-1990) - Find A Grave...

Parents of teen girls killed by Paul Bernardo seek to obtain his file: documents

Catherine McDonald
@cmcdonaldglobal

·
5m

Now we're going back to Bernardo's parole officer who says Bernardo questioned his diagnostics and the tools. "he seems to cherry pick. experts say he's a high risk for reoffending and not a good candidate for release"

Catherine McDonald
@cmcdonaldglobal

·
6m

Parole officer talks about fact Bernardo thought he wasn't going to get caught "when the heat was on for the Scarborough rapist, he even said he left town". talking about self management plan, "to me, his recital seemed to be almost devoid of any true absorption of the values"
Catherine McDonald
@cmcdonaldglobal

·
6m

Parole officer said Bernardo "seemed devoid of emotion." Now hearing from Bernardo's lawyer "he can't offer an adequate explanation for his crimes. He tells you he's glad he's got caught, He's spent 28 year reflecting, he's in segregation, he's been taking programming ...

Catherine McDonald
@cmcdonaldglobal

·
6m

... many would say he should stay in jail for life. To rot in life. Conversely some would say 28 years in jail under harsh conditions provides a balance. It's not about just desserts, it's about risk to reoffend. he admits his crimes. He's worked very hard towards rehabilitation

Catherine McDonald
@cmcdonaldglobal

·
5m

... according to the statistical information on recidivism, my client, Mr Bernardo is in the lowest risk category. (report 2020 page 4) Since his last parole hearing, despite remaining in segregation, remains of positive behavior and attitude"
Catherine McDonald
@cmcdonaldglobal

·
4m

"Mr Bernardo is assessed at 16.5 and therefore is at medium security. Kept in segregation largely because he would be at risk from other offenders. As is indicated on page 6, certain other inmates have been screened and have spent some time with them" without difficulty

Catherine McDonald
@cmcdonaldglobal

·
2m

You've heard mention of word psychopathy, as far as I can find, Mr Bernardo's score finds he does not meet the definition of psychopathy. He's considered low risk to reoffend, medium security and not psychopathic. In addition to being in jail for 28 years, he's aged ...
Catherine McDonald
@cmcdonaldglobal

·
1m

that means he's at less risk to reoffend. "My client, in my respectful submission, by demonstrating good behavior, has demonstrated that he has rehabilitated, he has aged, a structure such as Henry Trail, is a good candidate for conditional release" Bernardo's lawyer says

bbm

Catherine McDonald
@cmcdonaldglobal

·
45s

#Breaking Maureen Gauci says day parole and full parole for Paul Bernardo has been denied. Insight remains limited, remain to be a high risk for sexual reasons, "you've not shown your risk can be managed in the community"

Catherine McDonald
@cmcdonaldglobal

·
50s

Replying to
@cmcdonaldglobal
Paul Bernardo shows no emotion. He can be seen putting on a medical mask and getting out of his chair. The Screen goes black. The hearing ends. Lawyer Tim Danson will be holding a news conference shortly reacting to
@PBC_CLCC
decision which took less than one hour to arrive at

The poor baby hasn’t had meaningful contact with another human being for 10,000 days. Bahahahaha!!! Guess what Paul? Neither has Kristen! Come to think of it, neither has Leslie! Last time I checked, neither did Tammy! You only have yourself to blame Paul. But whose fault is it that those three girls are decomposing in their graves? Whose fault is it that for 10,000 days their parents couldn’t hug them, nor shake their hands and kiss them when they graduated, nor walk them down the aisle? Whose fault is it that they won’t go through pregnancy and childbirth, that they won’t have a mortgage, that they won’t get to live a normal life like everyone else? We only have Paul Bernardo to thank for that. And he wants us to forgive him and let him roam the streets of B.C. ? Hahahahaha! Sure thing. Go back into your hole known as solitary confinement and keep dreaming. If every last victim is gone and he lives to be 110, there will still be hundreds of people ready to line up and remind the parole Board run by millennials about what he did, and why he should never ever be released for one single second into anything other than general population…in a penitentiary. Paul Bernardo should understand, he will never be free again. The only escape he can hope for is through the Jeffrey Epstein door. Let hope he realizes his fate and takes that exit. Today!

... many would say he should stay in jail for life. To rot in life. Conversely some would say 28 years in jail under harsh conditions provides a balance. It's not about just desserts, it's about risk to reoffend. he admits his crimes. He's worked very hard towards rehabilitation

Catherine McDonald
@cmcdonaldglobal

·

that means he's at less risk to reoffend. "My client, in my respectful submission, by demonstrating good behavior, has demonstrated that he has rehabilitated, he has aged, a structure such as Henry Trail, is a good candidate for conditional release" Bernardo's lawyer says

Instead of chemical castration, as he suggests, why not offer him physical, which would ensure he couldn't skip doses. (Preferably without anaesthesia.)

I really wish that monster wouldn’t put the victims and their families through any more parole applications. It is a gut wrenching experience for them. They don’t sleep, they go through anxiety, they suffer. Haven’t they suffered enough? Someone needs to explain to him that it just isn’t going to happen. Don’t call us. We’ll call you. When we need another psychopath walking among us, we will come get you. Until then, stop applying for parole. Perhaps they could offer him something in exchange. Let him use the internet for an hour a week. Parole hearing day gets him out of his cell for a few hours. Give him a ride along the 401 or QEW once every 3 years for a half hour. He can pretend he’s going to a prime hearing. Or give him that human contact he longs for. Perhaps he and Adam Strong could cuddle once a week.

"Appropriate human contact",what does that even mean for a guy like Bernardo?

rbbm.
Parole denied for notorious killer, rapist Paul Bernardo
''Tim Danson, the lawyer representing both the Mahaffy and French families, told reporters on Tuesday afternoon that they found his speech at the hearing to be “sacrimonious” and “glib.”

“This speech that he gave that he has been subject to cruel and unusual punishment because of his lack of appropriate human contact is really a breathtaking submission coming from someone like him,
” Danson said.

“If he really feels that it is important for his rehabilitation to have a lot more human contact... the families would have no problem at all of supporting an application for him to be transferred into the general prison population.”

He added that Bernardo appears to pursue these hearings simply for his own “entertainment.”

It was reported that yesterday he described what he did to one of his victims before he killed her. Was that really necessary? Does he do that to cause so much pain to the families so that they never come back? How can he continue to be so cruel? That alone shows his lack of remorse and empathy. They will be back. They will never let him out. He can say whatever he wants. And if Karla was a victim as she claimed, where was she yesterday? Why wasn’t she presenting her victim impact statement? Why didn’t she look him in the eye and remind him how he victimized her and what an impact his release would be on her?

MISSING: Etobicoke teen not seen since confrontation with parents in 1988

The article mentions that Amber Potts Jaffary’s parents worried that Paul Bernardo was responsible for her disappearance. It states that she got into someone’s car and was never seen again. I wonder if they recall what kind of car it was. Was Paul ever questioned about this girl? Did he ever undergo a polygraph test?

MISSING: Etobicoke teen not seen since confrontation with parents in 1988

The article mentions that Amber Potts Jaffary’s parents worried that Paul Bernardo was responsible for her disappearance. It states that she got into someone’s car and was never seen again. I wonder if they recall what kind of car it was. Was Paul ever questioned about this girl? Did he ever undergo a polygraph test?
Ws thread..
CANADA - Canada - Amber Potts-Jaffary, 16, Etobicoke, Ont, 26 Nov 1988

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy