GUILTY Canada - Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka, murdered, 1993

It's the same country that let his vile, murdering ex-wife walk free so... it really shouldn't surprise anyone.
As soon as the video tapes were discovered, that infamous "deal with the devil" should have been burnt, and her sentence should have been for life, period.

jmo
You'll get no arguement from me on that front either!! Absolutely agreed.

Just this morning, on Radio Talk 1010, there was a retired cop talking about a possible WHY he was moved. If there were death threats against him or bomb threats against the Millhaven prison because of him, he’d be moved. But no one knows for certain why.

He will be getting treatment there. Ridiculous

They released the name of the Medium Securit Institution he was moved to so that negates the "threats or bomb threats" against him being the cause for the move IMO. People who'd do that will just call in same to the new location so any reasoning such as that wuld simply be 'an excuse' for movement vice a valid reason for movement.

In googling, I've just come to raelize that CSC also moved another serial killer, Cody Legebokoff, (4 victims including teens) down to Medium Security back in 2019. Unfreakingreal.

We need change.

Why didn't the judge not accept the deal?

Karla Homolka admitted her part in the crimes and struck a deal with the Crown. Part of the deal was that if she had lied to police about her role or facts of the crimes, the deal would be off. The families supported the deal at that moment because it meant Karla would be getting some jail time, but more importantly she would be the star witness against Bernardo and at that point they needed the tapes plus a witness—they didn’t have the tapes.

The police knew from Homolka there were tapes of the crimes, but despite and exhaustive search of the home they couldn’t find them. So the deal was set.

Unbeknownst to anyone at the time, Bernardo’s lawyer retrieved the tapes from the home. He claimed that he didn’t view them, and didn’t know they were evidence.

Once they were revealed, it turned out that Karla misrepresented her role in the crimes (she was a willing participant, not forced), and there was an additional victim who was drugged by Homolka and SA’d on the films. Homolka hadn’t told LE about that victim.

But despite her lies that broke the terms of the plea deal, it stayed in place. That’s the exasperating part that the Crown hasn’t been able to explain, imo.

Homolka’s children are in their mid-to-late teens. So they must know who she is and what she did. I can’t imagine what it would be like to know that your mother did the worst crimes on earth and your father decided to marry her and bring children into the world.

Homolka’s children are in their mid-to-late teens. So they must know who she is and what she did. I can’t imagine what it would be like to know that your mother did the worst crimes on earth and your father decided to marry her and bring children into the world.
No doubt in my mind, if they ever do figure out who their mother really is, or if they already have, she'll lie to them exactly the same way she lied to the court to get her deal. Either way, I agree, I cannot imagine what it would be like to find out your mother was a sexually sadistic murderer that killed 2 school girls as well as her own little sister.

Who did Karla Homolka have kids with?

Thierry Bordelais is the second husband of Karla Homolka, one of Canada's most infamous serial killers. Thierry Bordelais and Karla Homolka married in 2005 after her release from prison, and they both have three children together.

Who did Karla Homolka have kids with?

Thierry Bordelais is the second husband of Karla Homolka, one of Canada's most infamous serial killers. Thierry Bordelais and Karla Homolka married in 2005 after her release from prison, and they both have three children together.

They seem to be financially well off enough to rent or own a nice, large home. But I don’t know what he does for a living. She had a mail order business at one point. (Products for children, including diapers.)

Her surviving sister changed her name and is a cashier at Zehrs and last we heard she visits with Homolka. She’s open and active on social media.

I agree with @Ontario Mom that Homolka has probably lied to her children about her past and downplayed her involvement. When she volunteered at her children’s school no one seemed to know who she really was until the media tracked her down and confronted the school administrators. They said they didn’t run a background check on her because she was just a parent who volunteered.

But people aren’t going to forget what she did, especially people from Ontario.

In 2022 the DM wrote an article about her not being a victim and highlighted this older documentary about her:

''We are aging out of the horror of the years he hunted young girls. Fit at 58, he hasn’t aged out; that’s largely the myth of bodily aging, not urge. The crime industry — courts, academics, criminals, journalists — spends time and money studying motives but must sometimes consider that sheer enjoyment is the main one.

It puzzles me that intelligent, heartfelt left-wing people often fail to understand evil. They don’t concede it exists. They are wrong.''

''The thing is, Bernardo’s not smart enough to be repaired. His brain cannot contain the necessary concepts.

A few years ago, he self-published some kind of dog’s mess of a space hero thriller online. I read most of it. Bernardo is stupid. He is thick. He is illiterate. He is childish. He couldn’t manage a plot because he was incapable of joining up bits of things, the rockets and stuff. His dialogue reeked.

If the prison service is allowed to stage its intervention and send Bernardo for atrocity rehab, it won’t work. He doesn’t understand what you’re talking about. He’s not bright but he’s still a psychopath.''

''We are aging out of the horror of the years he hunted young girls. Fit at 58, he hasn’t aged out; that’s largely the myth of bodily aging, not urge. The crime industry — courts, academics, criminals, journalists — spends time and money studying motives but must sometimes consider that sheer enjoyment is the main one.

It puzzles me that intelligent, heartfelt left-wing people often fail to understand evil. They don’t concede it exists. They are wrong.''

''The thing is, Bernardo’s not smart enough to be repaired. His brain cannot contain the necessary concepts.

A few years ago, he self-published some kind of dog’s mess of a space hero thriller online. I read most of it. Bernardo is stupid. He is thick. He is illiterate. He is childish. He couldn’t manage a plot because he was incapable of joining up bits of things, the rockets and stuff. His dialogue reeked.

If the prison service is allowed to stage its intervention and send Bernardo for atrocity rehab, it won’t work. He doesn’t understand what you’re talking about. He’s not bright but he’s still a psychopath.''
What an excellent article. Thank you for posting it.

If there’s one small silver lining it may be that more people learn about, or are reminded, of Karla Homolka when Bernardo makes the news. Don’t let their stories die until they die. They’re both still incredibly dangerous.

I've lived in Scarborough my whole life and I remember how terrified all of us girls/young women were of him because he was so good at getting away with the rapes. He mostly did this in north Scarborough but actually lived in south central Scarborough in a community called Guildwood. I am pretty sure his parents still live in the same house. I know someone whose house backed on to the houses on his street and she told me some stories that freaked me out. Of course at the time, he wasn't the Scarborough Rapist but his behaviour escalated. He will never rehabilitate.

I've lived in Scarborough my whole life and I remember how terrified all of us girls/young women were of him because he was so good at getting away with the rapes. He mostly did this in north Scarborough but actually lived in south central Scarborough in a community called Guildwood. I am pretty sure his parents still live in the same house. I know someone whose house backed on to the houses on his street and she told me some stories that freaked me out. Of course at the time, he wasn't the Scarborough Rapist but his behaviour escalated. He will never rehabilitate.

What I remember about the Scarborough rapist case is that LE decided not to let the community know a serial rapist was on the loose because they thought it would be easier to catch him resulting in several more women being terrorized by him.

Victoria Stafford‘s family went through the same thing that the Mahaffey and French families are going through now. Michael Rafferty was also transferred to the same institution, much earlier into his sentence. They couldn’t get it reversed.

“A lawyer representing the families of two teenage girls murdered by Paul Bernardo has sent a letter to the head of the Correctional Service of Canada (CSC) demanding that the serial rapist and killer be returned to a maximum-security prison.

"We urge you to restore public confidence in the correctional system and the administration of justice by rescinding the transfer order," Timothy Danson, counsel for the families of Kristen French and Leslie Mahaffy, wrote in a letter sent to CSC commissioner Anne Kelly on Friday.

"He is Canada's most notorious and dangerous serial killer who must face the full consequences of his sadistic and cowardly acts."
(…)
"Does anyone at CSC appreciate the devastating grief experienced by the Mahaffy family at this time of year?" he wrote in the letter.”

“A lawyer representing the families of two teenage girls murdered by Paul Bernardo has sent a letter to the head of the Correctional Service of Canada (CSC) demanding that the serial rapist and killer be returned to a maximum-security prison.

"We urge you to restore public confidence in the correctional system and the administration of justice by rescinding the transfer order," Timothy Danson, counsel for the families of Kristen French and Leslie Mahaffy, wrote in a letter sent to CSC commissioner Anne Kelly on Friday.

"He is Canada's most notorious and dangerous serial killer who must face the full consequences of his sadistic and cowardly acts."
(…)
"Does anyone at CSC appreciate the devastating grief experienced by the Mahaffy family at this time of year?" he wrote in the letter.”
It's beyond sickening the way the system coddles the likes of him,and his cohort who's deal should have been nullified after the tapes were found. MOO

Sometimes i wonder what would happen if PB had to share a cell with someone else.
Would PB welcome a roommate just for the company, (and audience) or would that be torture for him'?

Who would get along, who might kill the other, would they be easier to ''control'' etc.?
Former Col. RW & PB?
Bruce McA & PB?

What I remember about the Scarborough rapist case is that LE decided not to let the community know a serial rapist was on the loose because they thought it would be easier to catch him resulting in several more women being terrorized by him.

There was certainly infighting concerning tactics and territory between the various LE involved in the investigation with some egregious errors as a consequence -- and damaged lives.

I was commuting for work that summer in the evenings between lakeshore and S'borough and was pulled over at least 3 times as part of the manhunt. Very stressful and did not inspire confidence.

Forget the rehab mandate. Some crimes and some criminals are beyond that. Olsen, Ng, Pickton, Bernardo. Whether or not PB is kept in isolation in his new prison home or not, the optics are so toxic in one of Canada's most infamous (and most infamously bungled) cases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back