Found Deceased Canada - Priti Patel, 29, Montreal, 17 Dec 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Priti Patel left her parent’s home in the Saint-Laurent borough on Dec. 17 and hasn’t been seen since. Her family fears for her safety because she suffers from a health problem and does not have her medication with her.

According to a Facebook post about her disappearance, Patel mentioned that she was going for a walk and left around 11 p.m., and never went back. She left with only a jacket and her cell phone, leaving all her cards, bus pass and ID at the house. Her family said she has never left home for such a long period of time.

Patel lives in Chateauguay with her husband of three years. He said he suggested she spend the weekend with her parents as he had to work. Patel is 1.65 meters tall (5’5”) and weighs 63.5 kg (140 lbs).

At the time of her disappearance, she was wearing a black wool coat, dark jeans and black New Balance’ shoes – though the Facebook post claims she was wearing neon blue Nikes.

Police add that Patel likes to walk near the waterways of the city. Her husband said the last time he was able to track her phone's GPS was near Sacre-Coeur Hospital which is near the Riviere des Prairies. Her phone is no longer on. He said she spoke to a friend prior to her walk and and friend they said she sounded normal on the phone.

image.jpg
image.jpg

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/police-seek-help-finding-missing-29-year-old-woman-1.3730861

Patel lives in Chateauguay with her husband of three years. He said she decided to spend the weekend with her parents as he had to work.
Her husband said the last time he was able to track her phone's GPS was near Sacré Coeur Hospital which is near the Riviere des Prairies. Her phone is no longer on.
Nitan said she spoke to a friend prior to her walk and and the friend said Priti sounded normal on the phone.
"She was excited about the upcoming year. She was going back to work, everything seemed okay," said Nitan.
https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/police-seek-help-finding-missing-29-year-old-woman-1.3730861

I wonder if she was off work due to illness? She has not been married very long. Was this an arranged marriage? Husband makes a point that she last pinged at a hospital... I don't know what to think about that.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canad...montreal-woman-missing-since-sunday-1.3732559

From the above article: she left from her parents’ home in the rue Jean-Bouillet/Boulevard Keller area. Sacré-Coeur hospital (last phone location) is about a 30 minute walk from there.

HOWEVER: There is also the (off the main SC site) mental health building of Sacré-Coeur in the vicinity - Albert-Prévost - which is closer to her parents’ home, next to a park and on the river banks. I’d like to know *which* hospital location is the correct one.

On Sunday night, the temperature was around -17C (~1F) :(.

ETA: so I reread the article: it seems the phone’s last known location was the Albert-Prévost pavilion. That’s a 15 minute walk from her parents’ home.
She did not take her purse, wallet, or bus pass, but did take her phone, which the family has been able to track to a parking lot of a nearby mental health hospital.

I haven't seen any updates on this woman . I'm not from the area and may be missing seeing news reports but when I checked there didn't seem to be very much information or news coverage .

I haven't seen any updates on this woman . I'm not from the area and may be missing seeing news reports but when I checked there didn't seem to be very much information or news coverage .

I can’t find any new coverage since my last post on this thread :(.

I haven't found any updates in the news since the search either. This is a link to an interview with her brother, Hitesh, from the day of the search. It fills in a few gaps in the news coverage.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1291179

There is a curious reference to "her ex-husband at that time" starting at 2:03. It's unclear if her former ex-husband is her current husband.

MSM said she was on "medication" for a medical condition. Could she have gone to her parents and forgotten to take it with her? (The trip was last minute when her husband had to work). If so, it may have resulted in cognitive issues, if she'd been off meds for a full day.

Hoping Priti is located soon, the weather has warmed up a bit so maybe that will be helpful for people still searching for her.

I've been wondering it Priti Patel was still missing or if she had turned up and there was nothing reported about it. Turns out that as of March 2nd she's still missing.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/pol...lp-to-find-priti-patel-missing-since-december
At the request of its investigators, Montreal police are seeking the public’s help in finding a woman who has been missing since Sunday, Dec. 17.

Priti Patel, 29, disappeared while visiting her family’s home in St-Laurent. Friends and family have organized search parties, scouring the area where Patel’s husband, Nitan, had tracked her smartphone’s last position signal — the parking lot of Sacré Coeur Hospital near Rivière des Prairies....

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/body-of-woman-found-in-the-riviere-des-prairies
The body of a woman believed to be in her 30s was discovered in the Rivière-des-Prairies Tuesday evening.

Passersby called police at 6:30 p.m. to report seeing a form in the water, near Île de la Visitation in the Ahuntsic borough.

Police located the body of the woman slightly west of Highway 19 and Papineau Blvd. Members of the nautical unit of the Laval fire department retrieved the body with the help of the Montreal fire department.

Investigators were on the site Tuesday night. Police said Tuesday they did not think the discovery of the body was related to a criminal event.

I had a feeling she'd ended up in the water on that cold, late winter night. My prayers go out to her husband, parents, and siblings.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back