CANADA CANADA - ROBERT PICKTON, Pig Farm Killer, Vancouver, 1990'S

“Pickton told other inmates that he was writing a book blaming the murders of women, for which he was convicted, on someone else.

Shenher said. “It’s been an open secret for more than 20 years that these murders were not committed solely by the hands of Robert Pickton.”

WP already wrote a book a while back labelling himself the “Fall Guy”. I didn’t hear any inquiry into the allegations he made about these other people involved. Seems the case has been shut with many loose ends and not nearly enough arrests IMO. RCMP wants to destroy all of the evidence in the case so there will be no ability to reopen later if/when more information comes out.

“The RCMP insists the evidence no longer has any investigative value. The force said a small number of the 14,000 items, which range from clothing to furniture, belonged to missing women, and will be returned to their families. The application is set to be heard next month.”

He’s in an induced coma and they said they will start waking him up and see how that goes. He’s critical but stable.

Well, kudos to the medical workers. It must be very difficult to work on a monster like him.

This is what we should be focusing on

The RCMP has asked the court for permission to dispose of 14,000 pieces of evidence collected during its probe into former Port Coquitlam pig farmer Robert (Willie) Pickton, the target of the largest serial killer investigation in Canadian history, Postmedia has learned

Beyond the six women Pickton was convicted in 2007 of murdering, more than two dozen unsolved missing women files have been linked by DNA to the farm.

There are also 30 more women who vanished from the Downtown Eastside — Pickton’s hunting grounds — and many of them match the timeframe and life circumstances of his known victims

“Pickton told other inmates that he was writing a book blaming the murders of women, for which he was convicted, on someone else.

Shenher said. “It’s been an open secret for more than 20 years that these murders were not committed solely by the hands of Robert Pickton.”

WP already wrote a book a while back labelling himself the “Fall Guy”. I didn’t hear any inquiry into the allegations he made about these other people involved. Seems the case has been shut with many loose ends and not nearly enough arrests IMO. RCMP wants to destroy all of the evidence in the case so there will be no ability to reopen later if/when more information comes out.

“The RCMP insists the evidence no longer has any investigative value. The force said a small number of the 14,000 items, which range from clothing to furniture, belonged to missing women, and will be returned to their families. The application is set to be heard next month.”

Thank you for sharing this @grannygates. Who is Shenher to this case?

What do y'all think about these claims? Is there truth to them? TIA (I just yesterday came across this case.)

What do y'all think about these claims? Is there truth to them? TIA (I just yesterday came across this case.)
I went back and read the article. What is day parole? It says he was eligible in February.

Why would the RCMP want to destroy evidence? They can't know now what will be of evidentiary value in 1 month or 1 year... With the pace of advancements in forensic technology and the number of cases yet unsolved, imoo, I think destroying evidence is a terrible idea.

“Lorimer Shenher, a writer and former lead Vancouver police detective on the missing women investigation.”

My own opinion is that I agree with the “open secret” that the writer was talking about. They threw huge parties with HA bikers, cops, and a handful of the same guys hosting. It was a party house, I don’t see him acting completely alone and in secret when people are always around.

This friend group are mentioned by name in the article below. My own opinion is that the first one mentioned is the one that is thought to have far more involvement than he claims. He said he had no clue any of this was happening. There are also many stories that can be found about him online.

IMO i think that they want to destroy the evidence to say that they’re done with the case. I don’t think they’re going to even try to pursue anyone else. LE washed their hands of it decades ago and I don’t think they care to compile a real list of all the victims. 49 possible victims and they only charged him with 6. Did they even try to identify or locate them all? It’s very sad for the families. The farm is a subdivision now.

Day parole would be if he was allowed to leave the prison (supervised or unsupervised) during daytime hours. He might be allowed to get a job or volunteer. I don’t know if he was granted day parole or what he did during that time.

The remains or DNA of 33 women, many of whom were Indigenous, were found on Pickton’s pig farm in Port Coquitlam, B.C. Pickton told an undercover police officer that he had killed 49 women and wanted to make it an even 50. Information about the remaining women remains unanswered.

This was Canada’s worst mass murder, and the pig farm was Canada’s largest crime scene. Pickton got sentenced to life in prison and, while he can apply for parole in 25 years, it doesn’t mean he will get it nor does he deserve his freedom.

The reaction among the victims’ relatives resembled the reopening of an old wound. Some expressed their lack of empathy toward someone who had caused so much pain. On the other hand, there are questions that remain unanswered.

Did he act alone? How many others participated or who had knowledge but remained silent? How many more women were there and who were they? The loose ends in this case are still out there and Pickton holds the key. His survival is necessary to bring closure.

Pickton’s crimes and those of others eventually led to the inquiry into missing and murdered Indigenous women and girls. The Harper government refused to move on an inquiry, and it took the Liberals under Justin Trudeau to follow through.

The remains or DNA of 33 women, many of whom were Indigenous, were found on Pickton’s pig farm in Port Coquitlam, B.C.
RSBM
That's part of the horrendous thing that families of these women, so many of whom were Indigenous, are having to fight for evidence to NOT be discarded and having to fight for police NOT to wash their hands of what happened to the rest of the 33 women (beyond those Pickton was actually charged for).

I say this as a Canadian of European descent, though haven't lived in Canada for decades. Still, it irks me!! And I feel a sense of responsibility though I'm not sure there's much I can do, apart from speak my mind as here.
Pickton’s crimes and those of others eventually led to the inquiry into missing and murdered Indigenous women and girls. The Harper government refused to move on an inquiry, and it took the Liberals under Justin Trudeau to follow through.
I didn't know that Pickton's crimes were part of the reason for the inquiry into MMIWG. Thanks for the information. And now that MMIWG has got going and is hopefully making some difference at least in waking people up but I hope also in at least finding missing and murdered Indigenous women and girls and giving their families and friends some sense of closure if not actually addressing reasons for them going missing in the first place (would be good if that happens in the long run), the powers-that-be are thinking about destroying evidence?!? SMH. Thereby possibly leaving other dangerous murderers on the loose to continue with such crimes?? :mad: What are they thinking of??

MOO IMO

Sadly MOO this entire case exposes the “NHI” prejudice of law enforcement against indigenous people and sex workers.

There were countless stories of Pickton harassing, assaulting and even a stayed attempted murder charge but it was never fully investigated because either the victims didn’t feel safe reporting or they weren’t taken seriously. I wonder what stories these people would have about his associates ?

Now that law enforcement claims to no longer subscribe to this prejudice against at-risk people, they should at least give some recognition to the victims of this case. I feel like they are completely lost and by destroying the evidence, will never get the justice they deserve.

(Link to a 2010 with many stories of victims who got away)

Lorimer Shenher, a writer and former lead Vancouver police detective on the missing women investigation, said Monday that he had got word of the weekend attack on Pickton.

“Obviously, Mr. Pickton has caused a lot of pain for many people. Unfortunately, all an attack like this serves to do is further thwart the truth of this case from being told so that all the remaining perpetrators could be brought to justice,” Shenher said. “It’s been an open secret for more than 20 years that these murders were not committed solely by the hands of Robert Pickton.”

In recent months, families of his victims and advocates for other missing women have spoken out against a B.C. Supreme Court application made by the RCMP to destroy more than 14,000 exhibits seized from Pickton’s property during the lengthy investigation. A hearing in the case is scheduled for next month.

Both Cardinal and Gagnon said that in light of the attack on Pickton, it is more important than ever to preserve all the evidence in the long-running investigation.

“It breaks my heart that they’re trying to get rid of that like,” said Cardinal. “Why would they do that when there’s so much more to investigate?”

In another argument for the preservation, the letter said statements by the defence, Crown and jury also "strongly suggest a shared belief that he did not act alone and others may be implicated in the deaths of the six women Robert Pickton was convicted of killing."

Gratl echoed this.

"In addition to my client's more narrow interests, there are a number of community organizations that oppose the destruction of evidence on the basis that the investigation into who killed the women on the Pickton farm should not be concluded because Robert Pickton likely had accomplices," he said.

"The destruction of evidence seized by the RCMP would preclude a meaningful investigation (of) accomplices and would certainly preclude any prosecution."

The Vancouver Rape Relief & Women's Shelter was also among those calling for a halt to the RCMP's disposal plan.

Hilla Kerner, a spokeswoman for the shelter, said they felt compelled to sign the letter "in solidarity with families of the victims" to see the needle pushed toward justice. But, she said, the destruction of the evidence and Pickton's potential death could mean no justice at all for those whose deaths did not result in a conviction.

"There is never ultimate justice, but in so many cases, there is no justice at all," she said.

"Our debt to the women who lost their lives, our debt to their families, our debt to the women who are now entrenched in homelessness, in poverty, in drug addiction — the province did not pay this debt."

She said femicide is a "staggering problem" in B.C. and across Canada, and Pickton's case showcased this.

"The Pickton story — the tragic, horrific stories of its victims — is a story about terrible male violence, but also terrible, terrible state abandonment of the women who were killed, and I'm afraid we're not better off yet."

Lydia Hwitsum, director at BC First Nations Justice Council, said the handling of the Pickton case also puts a spotlight on issues facing the Indigenous community.

"Not much has changed to improve outcomes for Indigenous women’s safety" in the years since Pickton was convicted, she said in an interview.

"The pathway to justice has not been reached for so many that have been harmed at the hands of Pickton," she said. "The evidence that's there speaks to what our people have gone through and it is critical to hold onto that."

I have to correct myself earlier when I said that the farm is now a subdivision and a Home Depot.

I was wrong!

I was under the impression it had been developed but I was just trying to search what the sale price was and found articles indicating that the BC govt secured a 10 million dollar lien on tbe property for Picktons defense.

The property is still 15 acres of bare land beside the Home Depot and the subdivisions. They seemingly are using it for farming, as they have farm status on their property taxes (their BC assessment says the 15 acres is valued at $41k which is indicative of farm status as it has to actually be worth tens of millions. By comparison The Home Depot 7 acres property next door is assessed at $41M

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back