GUILTY Canada - Romeo Cormier for holding 54yo woman captive, Moncton, NB, 2010

Where is the info on the cell? Do you have a link? If she did have one why did her husband call his sister to see if she was there.? Why not call her directly.

Sorry - I quoted an article that I thought was related. I'll correct my post.

According to Harold and the family (as said on the video appeal they gave) the cameras hadn't been working on the outside for five years.

Ryan Carpenter of Heritage Developments, which owns Heritage Court and the Marven's Biscuit building among others, says they have always offered a service where tenants can call on the security guard on duty to walk them to their vehicle in any buildings where people work overnight.

"But we just sent out a memo reminding them of this service," he says. "We've always taken security seriously; we're just reminding them that service is there."

http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/front/article/977967

Video footage from inside the mall shows the woman leaving her work around 8 p.m. But what happened after that is unknown. None of the security cameras outside the mall were operating, and had apparently been broken for five years
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...0304/ORielly_100304/20100304?hub=TopStoriesV2

bbm Yea, right. Then why have the security cameras outside not been working for 5 years.

I wonder if she had a panic button on her keys? If she was abducted then she didn't drop her keys, purse or lunch bag.

I wonder if she had a panic button on her keys? If she was abducted then she didn't drop her keys, purse or lunch bag.

Whoa!! Excellent points RubyRed!

I wonder (likely the same thing you're wondering!!) that she could have very well gone into a known vehicle to her .... otherwise she'd be in a position to use that feature on her keys (if she has it) in the commission of a struggle.

The fact that none of her belongings have been recovered is puzzling, as i'm sure a stranger-attacker would not be concerned about those items she's carrying (lunchbag, etc.). Perhaps with the exception only of her wallet contents, i'm sure the assumed attacker would rid himself of excess baggage.

I hope and pray that this wife, mother, and grandmother will be found safe and sound.

I wonder how regular an occurance it was that Donna came home late or at irregular times? I know that both my husband and I have fallen asleep waiting for one another to come home from somewhere so that could be innocent enough. I wonder if the daughters informed the father of what the news was or why they wanted to see their mother that night? Did he know how important it was (in our family it would have been big news anyway :) )when he told them to call the next day?

What time did the husband fall asleep?

I hope and pray that this wife, mother, and grandmother will be found safe and sound.

I wonder how regular an occurance it was that Donna came home late or at irregular times? I know that both my husband and I have fallen asleep waiting for one another to come home from somewhere so that could be innocent enough. I wonder if the daughters informed the father of what the news was or why they wanted to see their mother that night? Did he know how important it was (in our family it would have been big news anyway :) )when he told them to call the next day?

I agree that news would be special, I don't recall reading that he knew, why they wanted to talk to their MOm that night.

1) If me or my husband were late coming home, we'd call first instead of jumping in our cars to go search. (I guess he could have called before going to look).

2) If she parked out front, why go out the back door? Unless, someone (friend/family member) said, "Hey, I'll pick you up at the back door and we'll go eat/watch the hockey game somewhere". When DH has picked me up at the mall, he has to go to a certain door b/c can't stop on the street and sit/wait, and security guards patrol the parking lot so can't stop/wait in most areas. If the person picking her up was up to no good, then that would be their excuse when the main reason could be less folks around, darker, etc.

Just something to think about.
1) I agree, but if Donna didn't have a cellphone (we still need to confirm this), the only place he could try calling her was at the Home Office. Also, I am assuming he called Donna's sister before going out look for her.

It was midnight when Harold said he woke up and realized Donna had not come home. My point was if he thought Donna was working late, he knew it could not be at the Mall (since we now know the mall closes at 9:00 pm). So, did he go looking for her at the Home Office first, and then the mall? Makes so sense if he went to the mall first.

2) Exactly! In the video we see her passing by the door closest to where her car was found parked. Why did she go out through the south door? I know a few times I got out the wrong door in a mall I'm not too familiar with:crazy: , but that was Donna's work place.
Unless (this is just a theory) she had parked by the south entrance, and not where her car was found. Maybe there was 'someone' hidden inside her car? Or maybe she was followed, and was abducted later? That would explain why nobody saw anything, no struggle, and that's why she didn't drop purse, lunch, keys. Just a theory, I like to think of all possible scenarios.
:waitasec: Hmm, but why would the abductor leave the car in the wrong parking lot? and if she was followed later by a total stranger, why would the stranger leave the car in that mall?

I hope they are looking at security personal as well ( cameras not working outside). Or any employee of the mall that finished work around that time. The fact that nothing was dropped that she was carrying ( purse, lunch bag and keys) leads me to believe she recognized or was familiar with them. Perhaps because of the weather someone offered her a ride to her car.

Tips pour in for O’Rielly case

[B
]RCMP has received over 600 tips, but haven’t been able to rule out anything[/B]

Police officers were spotted yesterday in the Highfield Square parking lot that borders on Main Street, searching and taking photos around the large snow pile near the subway. They were also searching near the train tracks on the north side of the subway.

http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/news/article/983332

http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/news/article/984606

Family says they won't give up hope
Published Monday March 15th, 2010

It's been 17 days since Donna O'Rielly left work and disappeared into the Moncton night.

And while her family still hopes she's found alive, that hope can be difficult to maintain at times.

"Definitely, there's no doubt we all have our moments where we get very upset and down," says Karen Streek, one of O'Rielly's daughters.

Fortunately, there are still more than a dozen family members in Moncton, who came to help in the search for the missing woman and comfort her husband, Harold O'Rielly. At various times some of those family members have had to leave and go back to their home provinces for a couple of days, but then they return to be together during this incredibly tough time.

respectfully bolded by me

In the following CBC podcast radio interview (mark 2:04) Donna's daughter (Karen Streek) says:
"What she didn't know, on Friday night, when she didn't come home from work, I was at my sister's house in Ottawa, and we were, we had called her to give her the news that my little sister is also 12 weeks pregnant, so we got my dad and we ran skype with him, and we told him the news, and we were just waiting for her to get home, so he could told her the news as well, but that never happened.

CBC Podcast = http://castroller.com/podcasts/RadioNoonFrom/1497504-March%202,%202010%20-%20Missing%20woman

I was now listening again the the live interview, and I need help trying to figure out what Donna's daughter (Karen) says in the part I left blank. If someone could help me fill in that red line, please. Sorry for my lousy attempt to do a transcript, which starts on mark 2:55.

"What my mom didn't know, and a Friday night when we were, on Friday night we actually, I was at my sister's house in Ottawa, and we were calling mom on skype, mom and dad, and tell them the news that Amy is as well, right now, almost 13 weeks pregnant, so we were waiting to tell her that news, and she never made it home to get that news so if "he" knew how much she wanted to be a grandma, she was so anxious for that, and now that she ________________ . In 2 weeks......
CBC VIDEO = http://www.cbc.ca/video/player.html?category=News&clipid=1430432677

source for VIDEO = http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2010/03/03/nb-missing-moncton-woman-family.html

I was now listening again the the live interview, and I need help trying to figure out what Donna's daughter (Karen) says in the part I left blank. If someone could help me fill in that red line, please. Sorry for my lousy attempt to do a transcript, which starts on mark 2:55.

CBC VIDEO = http://www.cbc.ca/video/player.html?category=News&clipid=1430432677

source for VIDEO = http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2010/03/03/nb-missing-moncton-woman-family.html

Sounds to me like: "now that she is, it's her life" (talking about being a grandmother).

She is saying "If you knew how much she wanted to be a grandma. She was so anxious and now that she is, it is her life.

She is saying "If you knew how much she wanted to be a grandma. She was so anxious and now that she is, it is her life.

Thank you :blowkiss:Mommy2Sarah and :blowkiss:pattywack! I was hearing something different, and was a bit puzzled by that.
I thought she was saying something like:'..anxious and now that she's lost her life" :doh:
Thanks again! :)

(Post #38)
Agreed!

We could be misinterpreting the time change though - It could have been 7:30 Ottawa time when they called via Skype and it would be 8:30 when Harold received that call from them. It just bothers me that even at that point, not unless he was aware that something nefarious had transpired, that he would tell them to call back in the morning. The mall would have still been open another half-hour and she could just be still at work.

Do we have a closer approximate as to the actual time on the clock where Donna is seen exiting the Mall?

It would take Harold approx. 16 min's give or take (it was a rainy night - but there wasn't a lot of traffic) to go from Home to the Mall.
280 Front Mountain Rd to 1100 Main Street - if he took the Gorge Rd and Route 15E way.
Thank you Funnygirl for the 2 addresses. I put those in a map, as well as the Head Office, so we can have an idea of how far Donna's work at the Mall is from the H&R Head Office, and also from Donna's house.

MAP of the 3 locations = click HERE

PS: I don't have a google account, so cannot do those "My Maps" that look so neat.

4414292462_54e8d44744_o.jpg

8:08 p.m. — O’Rielly exits The Bay through the south entrance at the back of the building. The back of the building faces the CN Rail main line through the city and the nearest buildings with windows overlooking the mall are office complexes a considerable distance away across the railroad property. At that hour they would be largely empty. A high chain-link fence separates the mall parking lot from the train tracks. She is wearing a medium-length brown suede-like jacket and jeans. Her purse and lunch bag are slung over her left shoulder and she appears to be carrying her keys in her hand. O’Rielly’s car is in the main parking lot that runs along Main Street.

http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/front/article/980586

Keep wondering why she would go out that door , when the other was closer, and it was inclement weather.

4414292462_54e8d44744_o.jpg

http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/front/article/980586

Keep wondering why she would go out that door , when the other was closer, and it was inclement weather.
Ruby, I was having the same question until I heard Harold saying that this year apparently, there's some new policy in the mall for all the staff had to use that back door and they had to use the parking lot adjacent to Main St., , and that Donna was that kind of person that once she's told she had to do that, she will follow that to the tee.

same VIDEO posted above ( mark 6:42 ) = http://www.cbc.ca/video/player.html?category=News&clipid=1430432677

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back