Identified! Canada - Rosedale, Toronto, BlkFem (Afr mix), 4-7, in constr dumpster, PMI sum/fall'21, 2 May 2022 - Neveah Tucker

They think she was exposed to warm-weather insects in 2021, or 2020 based on the lifecycle of the type of bugs found, then recently moved to the dumpster.

I think she was in a garage or somewhere and for some reason they had to dispose of her remains. (Maybe they moved.)

ETA: she was wrapped first in a child’s blanket, then put into a plastic bag, *then* wrapped in that colourful fabric. I think the colourful fabric is a very meaningful clue.
Pure conjecture, and I don't know how large the fabric is, but it looks like Sari fabric. Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 7.33.17 PM.png

Just thinking out loud here:

A "construction dumpster" sounds like something that would have been placed on the street only recently, maybe in the past few weeks, as construction got underway somewhere nearby. (As opposed to the dumpsters that are permanently located in places like an apartment or condo complex parking lot etc.)

Which means, unless the remains were in the dumpster when it arrived from the waste management company (unlikely, but...), that someone had possession of these remains for who knows how long, and only recently put them in the dumpster.

If the dumpster has been there a while, it may already have been emptied one or more times, presumably meaning the timing of the addition of the remains can be narrowed to "since the last time the dumpster was emptied"

MOO

That colorful fabric looks like the kind of bright-colored fabric you can get at stores specializing in imports from the India/Pakistan/Nepal/Tibet area. Around here (New England) it's often used as curtain or tablecloth fabric as well as clothing.
I cropped the image to just the colorful fabric and tried a reverse image search on it, but only got copies of the full image on news sites about this story :(

This is so sad and I'm almost positive I have the same blanket. It looks like my daughter's baby blanket that I currently use as a lap quilt while at my desk.

It was reported, on the radio, as a baby’s blanket with a unique butterfly pattern. Now, it says crocheted blanket but it looks like a regular baby blanket to me.

It was reported, on the radio, as a baby’s blanket with a unique butterfly pattern. Now, it says crocheted blanket but it looks like a regular baby blanket to me.

Yeah, one of the flannel kind we used to call "receiving blankets." Unless the photo is really off, it's not crochet.

Could be like this one, maybe? Not identical, I know. It just stands out to me so much. Someone can go from tucking their child in with a sweet little blanket to wrapping them in it and throwing them away. It is heartbreaking. MOO
spin_prod_1282233012.jpeg
Yeah, one of the flannel kind we used to call "receiving blankets." Unless the photo is really off, it's not crochet.

May 11 2022
1652314450362.png
''Idsinga said Wednesday that forensic teams have since been through the home "with a fine toothcomb” and that investigators are trying to narrow down the possible cases that could be a match.

“There are several in the GTA area that we’re definitely looking at and there's different types of circumstances,” Idsinga said. “An awful lot of these occurrences can be familial abductions, for instance. They could be anything from outstanding immigration warrants on families and they disappear from the shelter systems. We've seen it before and thankfully, we do have those occurrences on file. People have made enough of an impact where their absence is noted and somebody's reported them missing.”

However there are challenges in properly identifying a child in such a case, he said.

“To make that actual definitive link to the people involved in that occurrence and the young girl found in the dumpster takes quite a bit of work, as you can imagine,” Idsinga said. “It’s not as if she's going to have fingerprints on file.”

The Office of Forensic Pathology is still working on the remains to try to get more answers as to when the child died and how, he said, and investigators will likely be looking to evidence such as dental records to help identify her.

Idsinga said he’s hoping that “in the next several days” he’ll have more definitive information to share.

“There's a lot going on in the background that you are not readily able to see, but we've got an awful lot of people working on this and I'm pretty confident that we'll come up with some answers,” he said.''

I don’t know how strict Canada is with undocumented immigrants, but is there a chance this girls family is undocumented and that’s why she hasn’t been reported missing?

Yes, completely possible. If she was born here they may have used ‘borrowed’ OHIP (health cards) for free healthcare. And her ID may be false.

I don’t know how strict Canada is with undocumented immigrants, but is there a chance this girls family is undocumented and that’s why she hasn’t been reported missing?
1652359899791.png
May 11 2022 rbbm.
''MONTREAL — Quebec is asking the federal government to close a popular, unofficial border crossing south of Montreal because the province can’t handle the number of asylum seekers entering the country, but refugee advocates are rejecting Quebec’s claims.''

''More than 100 refugee claimants are entering Quebec every day from the United States through a rural path called Roxham Road, Premier Francois Legault told reporters Wednesday.''

The irregular border crossing at Roxham Road reopened in November after it was closed during the pandemic. Since the beginning of the year, the RCMP have intercepted 7,013 asylum seekers who have crossed irregularly into Quebec from the U.S. That number is up from 4,246 last year.

''In 2019, more than 16,000 asylum seekers were intercepted by the RCMP after crossing irregularly into Quebec''.

“You have to understand, the problem is that many of these people are not really refugees,
” the premier said. “A refugee is someone who is physically at risk in their country. But the majority are not refugees; eventually, when the file is analyzed, they are refused, returned back home.”

This child could conceivably have been completely under the radar and not even known about... ie.. if a woman gives birth at home and doesn't file the registration/birth certificate/family allowance application paperwork,.. if the baby/child is never seen by a doctor, or might be seen on a 'transient' basis (ie give fake names, say they're visiting someone in the area and something came up, ie needing antibiotics or whatever).. if never went to the dentist, etc. It would make sense in this case to do the 'familial DNA' testing to see what they come up with... I wonder if that is really expensive and prohibitive, or can it be done in this case?

''Michael Arntfield, a professor of criminology at Western University, told CBC Toronto on Wednesday that the investigation is "multi-pronged."

Police will have to conduct a medical investigation to identify the remains using biometrics, a criminal investigation to process the secondary crime scene, the dumpster, and an archival investigation to look into records that may help investigators determine whether the child was reported missing or met with foul play or something else, he said.

That means reviewing provincial and national cases of children reported missing and child welfare records.

Investigation to hinge on identification, prof says​

Arntfield noted that police don't yet know the primary crime scene, where the girl died, and whether the death was a homicide. As well, given she died as much as a year ago, there would be advanced decomposition.

"The investigation will hinge on identification and that will obviously determine whether we're dealing with a child that was neglected and indignities offered to the remains or whether this is a child who was kidnapped and murdered by a parent. In this case, they're going to release information I would think more frequently," he said.

He said the child is not a newborn and therefore there should be some records.

"The birth will presumably been registered. They'll be teachers, doctors, dentists who will notice this child missing."

That colorful fabric looks like the kind of bright-colored fabric you can get at stores specializing in imports from the India/Pakistan/Nepal/Tibet area. Around here (New England) it's often used as curtain or tablecloth fabric as well as clothing.
I've found them priced quite reasonably at discount stores like Tuesday Morning. I've bought several to use as wall tapestries. The repurposed sari fabric appears so unique and special but it's really quite easy to find.

Maybe, a young mother with her daughter is missing?

A WS-case was, that in Australia a young mother was found dead years after her murder; then a toddler girl was found in a suitcase hundreds of miles away. It took years, before mother and daughter got identified. A coloured blanket/quilt played a role in the clarification.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doobietime
Back