Found Deceased Canada - Ryan Provencher, 38, & Richard Scurr, 37, jeep found abandoned, Surrey, B.C, 17 July 2019

Search continues for two missing Surrey men
provencher-new.jpg

Mounties have released a new photo of Ryan Provencher, who has been missing from Surrey for a week.

Did they make it to their destination or not? LE does not believe the 2 men are in the area where jeep was abandoned.

New details released about two missing men from Surrey whose jeep was found near Logan Lake, B.C.

As the search continues for two men who have been missing since last week, Surrey RCMP released additional information in the hopes of locating them.

Investigators are trying to confirm preliminary information that they never arrived at their destination.

On July 21, the Jeep was located parked in a wooded area near Logan Lake, B.C., east of Spences Bridge in the Southern Interior.

Surrey RCMP stated that there was no indication of foul play and the jeep has been taken to Kamloops for further examination.

After the jeep was found, a search involving a search-and-rescue team, police dog services, and an RCMP helicopter was conducted in the wooded area near the location.

After the search, investigators do not believe that the two men are in that area.

From your link, BBM, is curious wording. Someone else was driving? Or does it mean one was getting in the driver seat and other passenger?

IMO, they did not disappear voluntarily and not sure why LE believes no foul play is involved.

Ryan Provencher, 38, and Richard Scurr, 37, were last seen getting into a white 2019 Jeep Cherokee on July 17

It sounds like the family is not sure of what steps the investigation has really taken or even many details of what, if anything, has been learned. Logan Lake is an odd place to park your car and just disappear, unless it’s not by choice.
Agreed. And no on a direct route there from Spences Bridge.

I know some people who have gone to Logan Lake as a vacation spot, at least to visit. Any word on whether their jeep was abandoned in an area where others would see it easily? Or if it was more hidden?

This was posted Wed July 24 by a family member of the men.
This entire situation is not making much sense IMO. Even given the histories of both individuals it is unlikely that they just 'vanished into thin air' in advance of going on vacation. Hope LE resources are devoted to this situation and the two are not part of the other manhunt case dominating the news in Canada.

Agreed. And no on a direct route there from Spences Bridge.

I know some people who have gone to Logan Lake as a vacation spot, at least to visit. Any word on whether their jeep was abandoned in an area where others would see it easily? Or if it was more hidden?

The Jeep was found July 21 parked in a wooded area near Logan Lake, B.C.,

i believe logan lake is in the middle of a “wooded area” so the description in the article doesn’t really give much to go on.

Amber Provencher, Ryan's sister, told CBC News the two men's disappearance is unusual because they both have young children they were supposed to pick up.
Amber Provencher said Scurr and her brother were life-long best friends

my mind is going to the 2005 article that gave more info on Scurrs earlier lifestyle, and whether that info is relevant now

MOO

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5223752

Wondering what the outcome will be for these two. Curious to know the circumstances, and regardless of their backgrounds, I do hope that they are found and their family receive answers. Seems unusual of them to not fulfill their duties of picking up their children, but who's to say.

Search continues for two missing Surrey men
provencher-new.jpg

Mounties have released a new photo of Ryan Provencher, who has been missing from Surrey for a week.
Hey guys. Sorry I’m not a skilled forum poster and have no idea where to post this. I’m a good friend of Ryan’s. We mostly hung out from 2000-2006 then I moved out east and lost touch. Very shocked to see this news and I hope he is found safe. Does anyone have contact with the family? Please send me contact info, Facebook, email or whatever. Thanks!

-J

Empty vehicle found, two men missing:

Two Surrey men missing, vehicle found in southern Interior

This story sort of got buried by other western Canada stories. I didn't see a thread for it, if there is already one, sorry, I did try searching.

Ryan Provencher's white 2017 Jeep was found near Logan Lake, not far from Kamloops. They are from Surrey, B.C. (a suburb of Vancouver) and were last seen in Surrey. Families say it's very uncharacteristic for them to be out of touch. It's unclear whether the two men were with the Jeep at any time at Lake Logan or which place they're missing from.

The article does not mention that the two men planned this trip to Logan Lake.

Hey guys. Sorry I’m not a skilled forum poster and have no idea where to post this. I’m a good friend of Ryan’s. We mostly hung out from 2000-2006 then I moved out east and lost touch. Very shocked to see this news and I hope he is found safe. Does anyone have contact with the family? Please send me contact info, Facebook, email or whatever. Thanks!

-J
Welcome to Ws jeebs!
Sorry about your missing friend, it is unlikely that other posters here would have that information, but who knows- maybe someone will find this thread as you have and get in touch.

-J
@jeebs check further up in the thread as his sister posted from FB so you might be able to connect with her via that post. The family have not been on this thread that we are aware of but if you manage to connect with your friends sister please ask her to join websleuths here and post any info she might have. Many people are watching this case and tell the sister folks here might just be able to raise awareness and get the word out! Sorry about your friend.

New photos of Ryan Provencher and Richard Scurr.

"A close friend of the families of missing Surrey men Ryan Provencher and Richard Scurr has issued a plea for more information that may lead to discovering their whereabouts."

Still no sign of men whose Jeep was found near Logan Lake
Thanks for the fresh link!
“They have a lot of people that love them. We need to get them home.”

ryan-provencher.jpg

Ryan Provencher (in photos below) has distinctive tattoo along the length of his left arm. He is white, 38 years old and has a slim build. He stands 5-foot-10, weighs 
180 pounds and has short, brown hair and blue eyes.
Provencher, 38 and Scurr, 37 were last seen in the 16400-block of 23A Avenue in South Surrey at approximately 12:30 p.m. on July 17.

Police say they were planning to travel to Spences Bridge, south of Ashcroft.

Four days later, on July 21, the vehicle in which they were last seen — a white 2019 Jeep Cherokee — was discovered, unoccupied, in a wooded area near Logan Lake.

RCMP Cpl, Elenore Sturko told KTW on Tuesday that there is no new information to release, other than to note one of the two men travelled regularly to Spences Bridge as he has a business in the area.

richard-scurr.jpg

Richard Scurr is known to wear ball caps. He is white, 37 years old and has an athletic build. He stands 6-foot-4, weighs 220 pounds and has brown hair (worn in a brush cut) and brown eyes."

Thanks for the fresh link!
“They have a lot of people that love them. We need to get them home.”

ryan-provencher.jpg

Ryan Provencher (in photos below) has distinctive tattoo along the length of his left arm. He is white, 38 years old and has a slim build. He stands 5-foot-10, weighs 
180 pounds and has short, brown hair and blue eyes.
Provencher, 38 and Scurr, 37 were last seen in the 16400-block of 23A Avenue in South Surrey at approximately 12:30 p.m. on July 17.

Police say they were planning to travel to Spences Bridge, south of Ashcroft.

Four days later, on July 21, the vehicle in which they were last seen — a white 2019 Jeep Cherokee — was discovered, unoccupied, in a wooded area near Logan Lake.

RCMP Cpl, Elenore Sturko told KTW on Tuesday that there is no new information to release, other than to note one of the two men travelled regularly to Spences Bridge as he has a business in the area.

richard-scurr.jpg

Richard Scurr is known to wear ball caps. He is white, 37 years old and has an athletic build. He stands 6-foot-4, weighs 220 pounds and has brown hair (worn in a brush cut) and brown eyes."

Welcome and thanks! I wasn't sure if i could copy and paste the whole article.

Let's forget about their backgrounds (and the terrible comments on MSM) and bring them home!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle
Back