CANADA Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orangeville Police hat retweetet
CaledonEnterprise ‏@CaledonNews 31. Aug. Übersetzung anzeigen
$50K reward remains for info leading 2 arrest and conviction of Sonia Varaschin killer(s) http://bit.ly/2bYfmTA

Hmm. How would it jeopardize the case exactly?

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/nb/balancing-a-police-investigation-vs-the-publics-right-know

Commentary - Balancing a police investigation vs. the public’s right to know

There is also a need for us to provide as much information to the public as possible, with one very specific caveat; we cannot release any information that might be perceived as prejudicing any possible court case, or violate the rights and privacy of those involved.

We can’t do any of that because doing so could create false expectations in the eyes of the public, violate a person’s rights, or even create a prejudice or bias in a possible court case, which could result in the charges not going forward against the accused.

This can include the community where the crime took place, and the age and gender of the victim. In certain cases, when it’s believed that someone might have information that could advance the investigation, we may consider making the victim’s name public and even the cause of death. It’s a delicate balance but any information that police make public must be consistent with the law, and not simply a response to media or public curiosity or pressure.

Here's a scenerio to think about. Say someone believes they know who committed this horrible act. They have wanted to come forward n perhaps have, who's to say this person is safe even after this guy is behind bars.. he may have done "a job" for his assoc.. like say a biker faction who was paid by someone who may or may not be a big wig in medical...is 50 grand going to save this person& family if they tell all? I believe not. So that's why this hasn't been solved jmo of coarse.

Anyone who suspects, or does know- will not open their mouth. That right there tells me it's not one of those kids next door (we'd know by now) and speaks volumes to a hired hit possibility as court was next day or soon I believe.. not rocket science. Said hired hit an I just bet said he was from jasper and used dating site to get chatting n closer. No doubt for me.

Meant to say "said" he's from jasper.. but not. Maybe Brampton (or somewhere...) who knows where he's at now but my guess is BC..

Also would like to add, another reason ppl don't come forward is because others were treated like they are some kind of nut. The others don't even think of speaking up even if they suspect bc of how others were treated 1st time they called. No one with info will come forward now. Sad but true.

Also would like to add, another reason ppl don't come forward is because others were treated like they are some kind of nut. The others don't even think of speaking up even if they suspect bc of how others were treated 1st time they called. No one with info will come forward now. Sad but true.

Maybe you could give a broader hint here, add that it is "just your opinion" and that way the information is somewhat " documented ", perhaps useful in the future?
Does your poi wear the work boots described, or perhaps the person you think may have been " hired "?
Blondish hair? Young?
imo, speculation.

Here's a scenerio to think about. Say someone believes they know who committed this horrible act. They have wanted to come forward n perhaps have, who's to say this person is safe even after this guy is behind bars.. he may have done "a job" for his assoc.. like say a biker faction who was paid by someone who may or may not be a big wig in medical...is 50 grand going to save this person& family if they tell all? I believe not. So that's why this hasn't been solved jmo of coarse.
Do you think Sonia's murder was a hit?

I might be persuaded to consider it, but for the 3 crime scenes and the sloppy evidence.

It's a miracle that the perp(s) was not caught on video.

Still leaning towards tricked out guy (s) on drugs or partying.

Why even bother to remove Sonia from her home.

WHY???

Do you think Sonia's murder was a hit?

I might be persuaded to consider it, but for the 3 crime scenes and the sloppy evidence.

It's a miracle that the perp(s) was not caught on video.

Still leaning towards tricked out guy (s) on drugs or partying.

Why even bother to remove Sonia from her home.

WHY???

Maybe he wanted more time with her and didn't want to stay at her house and get caught.

Sonia lived in a condo right? Did the condo management have copies of her keys?Were they DNA checked too?

Sequence of Events - 3 Crime Scenes:

I've always assumed in my head that the sequence of the killer (s) was house > recovery location > car dump in town

If that's true, then I think, MAYBE, we can infer a couple of things.

1. The killer (s) did not own a car

2. The killer (s) felt the need to remove Sonia's body from her house. WHY? > I suggest it was their first time killing and they panicked. A serial killer would know that they had less chance of getting caught by risking being seen moving the body. WHY remove her body? ??

3. Placing Sonia out of town and then driving back in to dump the car - in that specific location - means to me that the killer(s) live (d) within a tight walking distance to the car recovery location.

WHO lives(ed) within a 1 KM radius of Sonia's car dump location?

We need a map with a perimeter sketched out.

The killer lived there.

Who came into contact with Sonia and also lived within a 1 KM radius of the car dump location?

Send in your anonymous tip to crimestoppers online Tip Submit. Take the killer off the street.

ANONYMOUS Online TIP Submit:

https://www.tipsubmit.com/start.htm

JMO

I would add: a 1 KM perimeter from Sonia's townhouse. See where there is overlap.

ETA: actually both sites are so close to each other, they both completely overlap with each other. It is only a 8 minute walk from 5 Spring Street to Greenhawk equestrian.

Why would the perp(s) leave the trunk open? Sonia's body was already dumped. Was something left behind that could ID the perp(s) in there? I understand the front doors left open since closing them would make noise. Two front doors left open= two perps IMO. Was the interior light on as well when the car was found or did the perp(s) turn it off?

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/a...s-an-orangeville-missing-person-investigation

I would add: a 1 KM perimeter from Sonia's townhouse. See where there is overlap.

ETA: actually both sites are so close to each other, they both completely overlap with each other. It is only a 8 minute walk from 5 Spring Street to Greenhawk equestrian.
Haunting memories for me of the day it was released on the radio that Victoria Staffords remains were found in Mt.Forest at the exact location of our perimeter map for the 50 minute drive from the Home Depot in Guelph.

We gotta do a map and narrow it down.

Why would the perp(s) leave the trunk open? Sonia's body was already dumped. Was something left behind that could ID the perp(s) in there? I understand the front doors left open since closing them would make noise. Two front doors left open= two perps IMO. Was the interior light on as well when the car was found or did the perp(s) turn it off?

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/a...s-an-orangeville-missing-person-investigation
ITA

This case has all several indicators of more than 1 perp.

While highly unlikely - maybe - just maybe - the sequence of the 3 crime scenes was Sonia's House > Car Location > Recovery Location . Maybe he/they had a change of thought and transferred her body to another vehicle.

Maybe they had put body in her car and left it in town and then went back and moved her further out of town when they got a 2nd vehicle? ?

6 whole days passed between Sonia's murder and the recovery of her body.

Did her remains indicate exposure to the elements for 6 days?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

That's a brilliant question (if disturbing thought -- I mean, disturbing potential action by perp) Wondergirl -- to my knowledge, I don't think any one has asked that before. IF Sonia was abducted (and kept), it could better explain both why she was removed from her home and why the FBI was called in. But could someone really have managed to elude detection not just in relation to THREE crime scenes but, if I understand your questions correctly, a FOURTH? That is, another location where she may have been kept? It's a very shivering thought.....
But certainly I think the question is an important one and I really wish we could know the answer. (Although it's also awful to think about.)
The one thing I want to say about some of the conversation earlier above: there has been a fair bit of discussion on another site (Canadian) on Sonia's case where some posters have discredited the suggestion that the car doors and trunk of Sonia's car were open when the vehicle was first reported. I won't say more because I don't want to get into "hearsay" or to violate the TOC. But I will just say that I myself have been convinced by that discussion that Sonia's car was not found the way less careful media sites report or as the photos (post-LE involvement) suggest.
moo

IMO, I am one of the folks who believe the perp had his own vehicle, and that he parked within walking distance to Sonia's home before going to meet/stalk/attack her. That explains, for me, why he had to return her vehicle somewhere close: to collect his own. But I know there are strong theories that the perp is from O-ville, so I also understand the walking theory.
I have always thought that taking her vehicle was NOT a risky action, at least not relatively, in comparison to walking through the streets likely covered in blood to his car or to his home: you can't see much in a vehicle but if he was spotted at that hour walking he'd really stick out. The critically nagging question has always been: why take Sonia? I have thought about the various possibilities we have discussed here: degrade the evidence, buy time for cleanup and alibi and delay detection; perp is closely associated with townhouse complex or with Sonia -- and removal provided distance; there's something specifically weird about perp's psyche -- maybe bizarre compassion, in that he didn't want Sonia' family to find her there or, conversely, "dumping" (as much as I hate that term) signifies hatred of women, or he wanted opportunity to re-visit her remains or, if his intent was NOT murder and she was still alive, maybe reviving her..... But the suggestion that she was not immediately left where she was found is another possibility again. But then why would he leave her so close to where people may be looking, at a time when even neighbouring communities were in high alert to find Sonia? Why not someplace very far away?

That's a brilliant question (if disturbing thought -- I mean, disturbing potential action by perp) Wondergirl -- to my knowledge, I don't think any one has asked that before. IF Sonia was abducted (and kept), it could better explain both why she was removed from her home and why the FBI was called in. But could someone really have managed to elude detection not just in relation to THREE crime scenes but, if I understand your questions correctly, a FOURTH? That is, another location where she may have been kept? It's a very shivering thought.....
But certainly I think the question is an important one and I really wish we could know the answer. (Although it's also awful to think about.)
The one thing I want to say about some of the conversation earlier above: there has been a fair bit of discussion on another site (Canadian) on Sonia's case where some posters have discredited the suggestion that the car doors and trunk of Sonia's car were open when the vehicle was first reported. I won't say more because I don't want to get into "hearsay" or to violate the TOC. But I will just say that I myself have been convinced by that discussion that Sonia's car was not found the way less careful media sites report or as the photos (post-LE involvement) suggest.
moo
Well I guess one indicator of time that we could sort of review, is to look at how far off the beaten path her body actually was.

I remember it was a side road and in a bushy area. But was her body obvious to any passerby, or could it possibly have been there for 6 days unnoticed?

I think that from the blood found in her house that LE believe that she died there. Blood on the base of the door suggests that she was dragged out. I don't think she was held somewhere alive for 6 days or less but that's just MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz