Found Deceased Canada - Taliyah Marsman, 5, & Sara Baillie, 34, Calgary, 11 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
CM may not have known Downey but it seems certain they shared mutual friends. I'm sure he can get as much information as he wants on him now.

Best to keep them apart

Yea, I see so much love between mommy and her little angel. It shows in their pictures, heart breaking.

The only comfort I have is the thought the are together now. I'm sure Sara didn't leave this earth without Taliyah. She probably held her throughout her ordeal and guided her with her. Rest peacefully, beautiful angels <3

CM may not have known Downey but it seems certain they shared mutual friends. I'm sure he can get as much information as he wants on him now.

Best to keep them apart

That's what I seem to be concluding towards as well.

Was the body of TM found late last night (around 9:45 PM Calgary time was when the Amber Alert ended and the announcement was made), or was the body found earlier in the day? It was pretty dark and rainy in Calgary at the time the announcement was made. Was any info given about where the body was found (ie: was it in a building/grain bin/dumpster, or was it in a ditch/field/outside?

Is there a picture of the police officer holding the teddy bear that was found? I'm curious it it was one of the teddy bears on SB's Instagram.

Was the body of TM found late last night (around 9:45 PM Calgary time was when the Amber Alert ended and the announcement was made), or was the body found earlier in the day? It was pretty dark and rainy in Calgary at the time the announcement was made. Was any info given about where the body was found (ie: was it in a building/grain bin/dumpster, or was it in a ditch/field/outside?

Is there a picture of the police officer holding the teddy bear that was found? I'm curious it it was one of the teddy bears on SB's Instagram.

Yes, I saw a picture of the teddy bear somewhere yesterday. It was in a clear plastic bag, being held by an officer. It was small, light-ish brown - did not see anything like it on Sara's Instagram.

The no contact order was only requested/granted during his court hearing. He was already in custody, so...might be something else going on :/

Some people say it's a totally routine procedure, I don't know. But perhaps it's just a precaution since LE have yet to do the investigation into motive, and an estranged ex with a peace bond and a pending court case, who comes from the same community in NS as the perp, is a red flag that has to be considered. LE wouldn't be doing their due diligence if they said - hey, CM is cooperative, let's give him the benefit of the doubt. That would be a very bad police investigation.

The key to a good police investigation IMO, is to keep open to all possibilities, to be always aware of probabilities based on past experience, and not to prejudge and jump to conclusions but to look for solid evidence.

I *thought* Coleman indicated she was found after the first press conference and before the second. I thought it was in the 7 pm vicinity, but man I took in a lot of info yesterday and stayed up way too late. Someone will have to listen to the 9:00 presser to be sure. I remember a reporter asking because they had so much hope at supper time.

[video=twitter;753974556482830336]https://twitter.com/CTVAshTomei/status/753974556482830336[/video]

@ctvashtomei has photos of where Taliyah was found. :(

There are yellow flags next to what looks like tire tracks in the grass. Looks like he may have just driven up into the field to drop her.

I wonder if he was after Sara, as police suspect, and thought Taliyah would be at daycare already. He panicked, took her and then decided he had to kill her since she was a witness.

I don't think it's where the flag is. If you open her first picture (single cop car on the right) you will see some blue tents in the top left corner. That's more likely where she was (tents to protect the evidence and keep the rain out).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it's where the flag is. If you open her first picture (single cop car on the right) you will see some blue tents in the top left corner. That's more likely where she was (tents to protect the evidence and keep the rain out).

Poor little lamb. :(

As far as I've read and watched on the calgary police press conferences - TM's little body was found at around 7:15pm last night.

I was absolutely devastated, as a native Calgarian I've been following this case closely. I went into a ballet class at 7:15, having checked the news and nothing - then out at 9:15 - and it was announced her body was found. I was horrified, but sadly not surprised at all.

I am so glad that they found her body last night - it is flash flood raining here in Calgary right now, and I can't help but be thankful that TM wasn't out in the rain like that, with evidence being washed away....

What are people's thoughts about the media saying "a body believed to be that of TM" -

Was the body so badly brutalized that they couldn't for sure identify her? Or is this standard law enforcement lingo?

I'm really really worried that there was a pedophilia angle to this. Poor TM, I can't imagine how scared she must have been. RIP little angel... I'm sure she's up dancing in heaven.

"What are believed to beTaliyah Marsman's remains were found at roughly 7:15 p.m. at a rural location approximately eight kilometres outside of Calgary along McKnight Boulevard." http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/tragic-co...arsman-suspect-faces-murder-charges-1.2987859

That area is just vast farmers fields, with the occasional farmhouse well back from the road and hidden by trees. Along the roadside there are sometimes trees and bushes, but definately no buildings or dumpsters.

I think there is regular traffic along these roads, mostly people going to town or to check their fields.

Poor TM was found shortly after 7pm......"Taliyah's body was found just after 7 p.m. MT Thursday about eight kilometres east of Calgary, Insp. Don Coleman said." http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/amber-alert-calgary-taliyah-marsman-found-1.3680185

What are the thoughts around TM having a suitcase and not appearing to be be distress when leaving SB's basement suite with ED?

Some people say it's a totally routine procedure, I don't know. But perhaps it's just a precaution since LE have yet to do the investigation into motive, and an estranged ex with a peace bond and a pending court case, who comes from the same community in NS as the perp, is a red flag that has to be considered. LE wouldn't be doing their due diligence if they said - hey, CM is cooperative, let's give him the benefit of the doubt. That would be a very bad police investigation.

The key to a good police investigation IMO, is to keep open to all possibilities, to be always aware of probabilities based on past experience, and not to prejudge and jump to conclusions but to look for solid evidence.

What you say makes sense to me. I do find it troubling, the no contact order. But I think that until they have completely eliminated CM from any connection or suspicion, they have to do what they have to do. At the same time they seem to be very respectful of CM as a grieving father.
I have to say, I am very impressed with the work of the Calgary Police Service through this case. IMHO

What are people's thoughts about the media saying "a body believed to be that of TM" .

I think that's standard because they haven't done a formal id, but there's enough to be confident, eg clothes, size, hair, signs that the girl only recently passed away, etc. It could be they just want to give the family time before someone views the body, it could be they want to spare the family and use dental records, it's not possible to say.

What you say makes sense to me. I do find it troubling, the no contact order. But I think that until they have completely eliminated CM from any connection or suspicion, they have to do what they have to do. At the same time they seem to be very respectful of CM as a grieving father.
I have to say, I am very impressed with the work of the Calgary Police Service through this case. IMHO

Couple of years ago I had my SUV stolen out of my driveway while I slept. Creep was arrested but I found out he knew my house inside out because his friend used to live there. I asked for a no contact order which was granted. The wording was such that it was also incumbent upon me to have no contact with him as that would invalidate the order.

Am thinking possibly CM has issued a threat against the perp (and I'm sure everyone would understand). Perphaps the no contact order was put in place to protect the perp, but LE is avoiding referencing it in that fashion in order to not cast the grieving father in a negative light.

ETA: The only other time I've heard of a no contact order when a person has been accused of murder is to have no contact with a co-accused or with witnesses. IMO, the one in this case seems out of the ordinary.

I'm sure the suspect wasn't expecting to have to kill and dispose of the little girl and his search for a dumping spot was likely rushed and sporadic but it is quite surprising that he wouldn't dump the body in one of the irrigation canals or sloughs in that area. There is an irrigation canal only a couple hundred meters from that location. I think it becomes more difficult to find a body in the water because the dogs wouldn't be as effective.

Poor TM was found shortly after 7pm......"Taliyah's body was found just after 7 p.m. MT Thursday about eight kilometres east of Calgary, Insp. Don Coleman said." http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/amber-alert-calgary-taliyah-marsman-found-1.3680185

What are the thoughts around TM having a suitcase and not appearing to be be distress when leaving SB's basement suite with ED?

My thought is the ED maybe told her mommy had to go to work and asked him to drive her to daycare. The small suitcase could've been what she takes instead of a backpack. My daughter has a small child's suitcase on wheels and it stores the same amount of stuff as her backpack does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74