Still Missing Canada - Taylor Samson, 22, Halifax, NS, 15 Aug 2015 *Retrial 2023 Guilty*

“Samson did not know this new ‘client’ as he was introduced through a regular client of Samson’s…making him very nervous.”

Police say the two men knew each other and do not believe the homicide is a random act.

BBM

Contradicting statements???? I'm a tad confused here. Can someone explain the discrepancies? :blushing:

Source

Where are you Taylor? :rose:

Taylor Samson murdered in area known for drug activity, Halifax woman says (Aug 21, 2015 7:15 PM AT)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...or-drug-activity-halifax-woman-says-1.3199472

"The woman says she also knows the accused, William Michael Sandeson. The 22-year-old Dalhousie University student is charged with first-degree murder in Samson's death. She describes him as a "farm boy" whose behaviour had recently turned uneasy."

BBM

Contradicting statements???? I'm a tad confused here. Can someone explain the discrepancies? :blushing:

Source

Where are you Taylor? :rose:

From my understanding of these statements, Taylor knew Sandeson and Sandeson is likely the "regular client" who introduced Taylor to this "NEW" client.

Not only did Taylor & Sandeson both go to Dal, but they lived 2 doors down from each other.

From my understanding of these statements, Taylor knew Sandeson and Sandeson is likely the "regular client" who introduced Taylor to this "NEW" client.

Not only did Taylor & Sandeson both go to Dal, but they lived 2 doors down from each other.

Haha! Thanks for clearing that up for me! I've been on the forum, reading since this morning.......this tells me it's time to make a drink, sit back and relax. :smile:

I hope Taylor's body is recovered so his family has closure. One of my staff members knows the Sanderson family and says they are close. We are in HRM this weekend and drove by where they lived on our way downtown.

Such a sad case as two promising futures ruined (possibly) over drugs. I do believe there is more to it though. JMO and all that.

Hi, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I knew Will and have too many questions about this case. I was hoping to bounce ideas off some people here.

Money makes absolutely no sense as a motive & I really struggle with that. Will showed some stress/concern about money and jobs. Yet, if he was honest he was only trying to pay off a little over 20k, make that 30k if you count the upcoming med school fees. As an accepted medical student he should have had access to a lot of credit from the banks - on the order of 200k. The street value of the drugs Taylor had was only about 10k, and if Will split that evenly with the other two that's just a little over 3k each. Makes no sense for someone who could have earned that in less than a couple of months though his own efforts.

It is also my understanding that Will set up the deal with the 'new' customers, which is what Genbug84 suggested.

Maybe they've charged Will in part to put pressure on him to name others?

Hi, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I knew Will and have too many questions about this case. I was hoping to bounce ideas off some people here.

Money makes absolutely no sense as a motive & I really struggle with that. Will showed some stress/concern about money and jobs. Yet, if he was honest he was only trying to pay off a little over 20k, make that 30k if you count the upcoming med school fees. As an accepted medical student he should have had access to a lot of credit from the banks - on the order of 200k. The street value of the drugs Taylor had was only about 10k, and if Will split that evenly with the other two that's just a little over 3k each. Makes no sense for someone who could have earned that in less than a couple of months though his own efforts.

It is also my understanding that Will set up the deal with the 'new' customers, which is what Genbug84 suggested.

I've heard that speculation before.

I personally can't imagine Will killing someone but I do think he was totally in over his head. Will was fit but not exactly menacing. He was fairly small/slender in stature, and with his blonde-tipped hair and earrings he definitely didn't read as rough, very masculine, etc. I really can't see him taking down a 6'4 guy who felt threatened and would be fighting for his life. However, he had excellent training in human physiology and would have known where to injure someone if he had a weapon and had to do it quickly. I also agree with someone who remarked that if Will really planned first degree murder, he was smart enough not to have done it in his own apartment (all spec though).

The frat was a known location to get drugs (marijuana definitely but one person has said other things but did not specify). According to what I've heard from a Dal student once connected to the frat, they had their own grow op with a very healthy supply. According to this person the ringleader was making 10k a month with "dozens" in the frat trading for him over about a 6 year period.

Welcome to WebSleuths. A lot of things do not make sense and it is disturbing that Samson's body has not been found as yet that we know of. The police are convinced they have found the crime scene and they are convinced that they have arrested the right person. Questions like how was Samson's body removed from the crime scene as he was not a small nor slight man and what did the police find or know to ensure that they have arrested the right man. Carrying around 2 kilos of weed worth upwards of 10 grand is not for the feint of heart. There are not too many places to hide a body in Halifax unless he is in the harbor somewhere or not in Halifax but in the out lying area of Halifax. Who were the new customers.

You did mention that Will would split the money with the other two - what other two do you mean?

Again welcome to WS - hopefully this week there will be more information released.

Welcome to WebSleuths. A lot of things do not make sense and it is disturbing that Samson's body has not been found as yet that we know of. The police are convinced they have found the crime scene and they are convinced that they have arrested the right person. Questions like how was Samson's body removed from the crime scene as he was not a small nor slight man and what did the police find or know to ensure that they have arrested the right man. Carrying around 2 kilos of weed worth upwards of 10 grand is not for the feint of heart. There are not too many places to hide a body in Halifax unless he is in the harbor somewhere or not in Halifax but in the out lying area of Halifax. Who were the new customers.

You did mention that Will would split the money with the other two - what other two do you mean?

Again welcome to WS - hopefully this week there will be more information released.

I think Ladybug_B was talking about school fees.

Does sandeson own a vehicle?
Do police have it?

Thank you for welcoming me to your community. I read the rules postings, but if I ever step to the left of them, let me know.

It is my understanding from a source close to Taylor that he was going out to meet 3 people, not 1 person, and that the meeting was set up through Will.

Good question about a car. I never asked. I could ask though. Will lived mere minutes away from his workplaces and the campus, which are all downtown Halifax. He was within about 3-5 blocks of wherever he needed to be.

Will was arrested at a location near Highfield Park, Dartmouth. Not his demographic at all, and I doubt he made it there with the body on a bus or a bicycle.

Rumor-mill updates from Dal: Frat leaders having access to (but not necessarily selling) date-rape drugs, Taylor also dealing cocaine (note that police only found marijuana stuff in his room). Gag order on Kinesiology faculty.

If he was to meet with others, there may be more arrests.
If Taylor was murdered at Sandeson's place, he was moved someplace and it would likely require help.

Sounds like there is a lot of drug activity in the area

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...or-drug-activity-halifax-woman-says-1.3199472

A Halifax mother who lives in the same neighbourhood where a university student was murdered says the area has seen a trend of drug activity over the last several years.

The woman, who asked to remain anonymous, says the escalating illegal activity may have culminated in the death of Dalhousie University student Taylor Samson.

Love that quote in your siggy, Rosemadderlake. It's great.

So, I'm trying to put the pieces together. Some info from court docs/media, some allegations.

1) The frat house is a known location to get drugs (especially or only marijuana but maybe other things too). According to my source the ringleader at the frat has a grow op and was taking in 10k a month with a number of frat boys selling for him (one of whom was Taylor).

2) Will is regular customer of Taylor's. Sets him up to meet 2 new customers. Taylor is afraid and wants someone to go with him, but no one wants to.

3) Taylor goes to Will's place to meet the new customers with 4lbs/$10k of marijuana in a duffel bag. He does not return. This is Saturday night. It occurs to me that you don't sell that much to a private user... is this a wholesale to another dealer?

4) Forensic evidence indicates that he is killed in the apartment, but according to the police detective in the leaked court documents the purpose was to take him in order to get information about his supply, etc. So it sounds like the frat's operation is drawing attention from someone....

5) Will is arrested Tuesday evening in or near Highfield Park, Dartmouth, which was not in his radius. We don't know how police knew where to find him.

So who would be interested in a marijuana supply that lives around Highfield Park, Dartmouth? Any known gangs for example?

Love that quote in your siggy, Rosemadderlake. It's great.

So, I'm trying to put the pieces together. Some info from court docs/media, some allegations.

1) The frat house is a known location to get drugs (especially or only marijuana but maybe other things too). According to my source the ringleader at the frat has a grow op and was taking in 10k a month with a number of frat boys selling for him (one of whom was Taylor).

2) Will is regular customer of Taylor's. Sets him up to meet 2 new customers. Taylor is afraid and wants someone to go with him, but no one wants to.

3) Taylor goes to Will's place to meet the new customers with 4lbs/$10k of marijuana in a duffel bag. He does not return. This is Saturday night. It occurs to me that you don't sell that much to a private user... is this a wholesale to another dealer?

4) Forensic evidence indicates that he is killed in the apartment, but according to the police detective in the leaked court documents the purpose was to take him in order to get information about his supply, etc. So it sounds like the frat's operation is drawing attention from someone....

5) Will is arrested Tuesday evening in or near Highfield Park, Dartmouth, which was not in his radius. We don't know how police knew where to find him.

So who would be interested in a marijuana supply that lives around Highfield Park, Dartmouth? Any known gangs for example?

Sounds like a set-up from the get go. A wholesale deal from one supplier to another as that amount of weed is way too much for personal use for the two new clients. What was Will expecting to get out of the deal - a finders fee of either cash or weed? Ten grand would be a wholesale price which would probably be worth more like thirty grand by the time it hit the streets.

Highfield Park, Dartmouth and surrounding area is not a healthy place to hang out. If one looks at the last seven days on the Crime mapping for Halifax, Nova Scotia there were 10 incidents in the Highfield Park area of which 7 of them were assaults.

The Hell's Angels are trying to take back some drug territory in the Halifax/Dartmouth area and there is a "puppet' club setup in the Musquodobit area. This has been reported in the news media. Here is a link: http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/1237334-hells-angels-building-up-for-return-to-halifax

For Samson's body not to be found yet, it would appear to me that there was some sort of organization around the 'hit'. Whoever fronted the weed to Samson should give their head a good shake if they are still in town.

My opinion is that it was a set-up, organized and all the arrests have not been made yet. Priority must be put on finding Samson not only for his family's sake but to also further the investigation.

Too many unanswered questions and too little information.

Thanks for the insightful analysis Elepher50.

If my source is to be believed, Taylor was fronted from within the fraternity, which grows its own marijuana. However, the context of the allegation is things frat brothers said when drunk and trying to impress girls, a situation where exaggeration isn't unknown.

I'm not really clear myself on how the police can be sure a murder took place when there is no body? Could Taylor still be alive out there?

If OC was involved, does that mean anything different for finding the body? Will may not even know where it is.

Its been many years since i lived in Dartmouth.
I am aware of Highfield park.
I know Leaman Drive.

Leaman Drive was nice homes back in the day, backing on to Albro Lake.

Has Highfield encroached on that area?

Lots of crime in Highflield park

I agree, this sounds rather organized.
I wonder how much sandeson knows and how much he will tell

Maybe Will owed a large amount of money to another dealer,and inviting Taylor to his apartment was part of a payback,so an opposing dealer could confront him?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back