GUILTY Canada - Taylor Van Diest, 18, beaten to death, Armstrong, BC, 31 Oct 2011

I am bringing this here, because of the MO, despite the attacks occuring in Ontario. He has attacked at least 2 sex trade workers in Ontario.

Police fear someone is stalking and attacking Hamilton sex trade workers.

Schoen says the two latest attacks — both on Monday evenings — involved female sex workers walking along Barton Street East who were approached by a man in his 30s driving a white car.

The suspect is described as clean looking white man in his 30s who is 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-10. He has an athletic build, muscular abdomen and shaved head. He speaks English with no accent.

Police say the suspect wore either a blue T-shirt with white lettering or a red T-shirt with a Portuguese symbol on it, and patterned shorts.

The car is described as a white four-door with a light grey interior and blue dash lights. Anyone with further information is asked to contact Detective Scott Moore at 905-546-4614 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

http://www.thespec.com/news/crime/article/588362--police-believe-attacks-on-sex-workers-linked

I was discussing this with my bf last night(his grandmother actually lives in Penticton) and we were discussing the area, and what type of people are likely to be coming through this area, and here is what we came up with, of course, all just opinion, and are working with several assumptions, like the fact that I believe the person is perhaps a little bit older than we think, because to me, an 18-20 y/o visiting a massage parlor doesn't seem to be too likely(of course, JMO).

1. Carnies/Festival workers - could be familiar with the area, without being known to locals, have an income, could likely afford a visit to a massage parlor.
2. Transient/Drifters - less likely to know the area, and IMO, be linked to the first crime.
3. Biker Gangs - not likely to do a random attack like this, because, there was nothing gained from it - i.e. drugs,money, territory. However, biker gangs will often seek the help of off the wall locals to do things like run drugs/guns for them, and simply pay them in drugs/cash.
4. Thrasher Metal Scene - I definitely think this could be a rising possibility, due to age, and look of the sketch. Perhaps this person has been attacking all along, but no reports due to it being more so the party/date rape type of attacks as opposed to a random attack. And not to stereotype too severely (my mother is a metal head lol) but often times there are subcultures that exist in all music circles where illicit behavior is encouraged, and I find the often misfit attitude that goes with that scene goes hand in hand with drugs.

It seems like this perp would be incredibly easy to catch if he had any family...I mean, who wouldn't remember their brother/son/cousin having sideburns as seen in the first sketch?

Found an earlier article, probably previously posted, but wanted to take note of the following from this article. The measurement from tracks to body and in following clip noting b.f. played in a band, hmm- what kind of music?
http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/11/02/cell-phone-helps-slain-b-c-teenagers-family-find-body/
"Family, friends and RCMP officers found the teen lying in the bushes dressed as a zombie about three metres from the train tracks"

“I have seen no reason that anyone would attack her. … There were rumours of a stalker, but I don’t believe they are true.”

Adding to the mystery is that the gruesome death happened on Halloween, the timeline for so many movie deaths."

“She loved horror movies,” her cousin said. “Halloween was her favourite holiday.”

Van Diest had a boyfriend and played in the school band, she added."
dotr, I think it was Taylor the one who played in the school band, at least that was my interpretation. Also I remember seeing pictures on one of the Facebook links, of her and the band on a bus and concert. Maybe the bf also played in the same band?

What are the seasons for fruit pickers out there? I do agree the fella was more likely 20-25 in the first assault.

http://www.eaglevalleynews.com/news/134710838.html
"Friends, family and associates may have observed noticeable changes in mood on or around Halloween night, and may have made a sudden, unplanned or unexplained departure from the area shortly after the Armstrong murder.

Police believe the individual may be financially dependent on others or collecting social assistance.

Anybody with any information is asked to call the random tip line set up for the Van Diest homicide at 1-888-688-4264 or, if you wish to remain anonymous, contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

Moskaluk said police have not heard again from someone who wrote a letter to the Armstrong detachment claiming responsibility for the Van Diest homicide, and threatening more violence against women.

Police again urge North and Central Okanagan residents to remain vigilant and continue to take extra personal safety precautions when out in the community."

Does anyone know if LE can tell who has been looking at FB pictures in the past?

It seems a very big coincidence to me, and the irony is thick, that:

1. There is a picture of Taylor standing in front of a poster on "how to kill a zombie".
2. There is a picture of Taylor laying in what appears to be a casket, with weird organs or something, all over her, from Hallowe'en 2010.

I mean, these 2 things alone, are horribly thick with irony, with the manner in which she died.

It just seems extremely remote to me, that she would be a completely random victim. I don't know.

If the girl was totally a random target, isn't it a little ironic that she died in such a manner, on Hallowe'en, dressed as a Zombie????

Might give credence to the "rumour" that Taylor was being stalked:

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Mis...ospital/5639561/story.html?cid=megadrop_story

“There were rumours of a stalker, but I don’t believe they are true.”

:bump::bump::bump:

Bumping Taylor to the front page. Please don't let this one go cold ... :praying:

I thought that maybe we should break down the series of events that led up to Taylor's death.

first what do we know about the time before Taylor left her home.
any detail will help,

we know she was getting ready for a night of trick and treating with her friends
was she alone getting ready
what did she do before, did she stay home or go out,
who knew she was leaving her home
what did she do the night before

Here's a news article about a local connection to Taylor's murder and recent crimes in the area.

Dec 7/11
Journalist Agrees, Nine Murders Linked to Serial Killer, Attacks Based on TV's Mentalist

it's at
http://susanmaureenbrandt.yolasite.com/news.php

first off, welcome to WS!

as to the link, there's no connection ... that woman needs psychiatric help and unfortunately, her ramblings do a disservice to LE and the general public IMO

posting this here, because of earlier discussion about DNA - Databank

Date: Sat. Nov. 20 2010 7:00 PM ET

(starting on the 04:18 mark): If you had the Canadian authorities in front of you, who are trying to develop a system to match missing people and unidentified remains, what would you say to them?
....the RCMP are in support of it, searching organizations such as Missing Children, the Coroner's office, the politicians seem to be in favour of it...., but the Government continues to spin its wheel in internal commitees....they can't agree on a 'definition' of what constitutes a 'missing person'.....after sever years of meetings, if they can't figure that out....pick a definition of what it is a missing person, the software exists already, indexes are all there, all they have to be is enabled and loaded. We need some political will for somebody to say "make this happen"......W5 asks Vic T. for an interview....his ministry sent W5 an e-mail that said:
"...our current priority is to stabilize the existing DNA regime"

W5 asks VT: "Why hasn't your government moved on a Missing Persons Index for the national DNA Databank? ..... When is the government going to move on this legislation?"
VT: "Well, in fact this is an issue that my colleges are working on with me, and in respect of the issue of the DNA Databank for missing women, what we have indicated is there is money available to develop a particular program.....In the meantime, from a legislative point of view we have numerous bills before the House of Commons dealing with DNA and the strengthening the the sex offender registry .... I am talking about the DNA Database, that 50% of the individuals who should have been registered are not registered...."

W5 Chasing Ghosts Part 4

W5 Chasing Ghosts Part 3 (Lyndsey Nicholls missing from Courtenay, Vancouver Island, Aug. 1993)

Lindsey's Law: <modsnip - old link now goes to a gambling website>

Last edited by a moderator:
Bumping for Taylor and hoping that the beast who would beat and kill a young girl, is identified and arrested soon- or that he regains some semblance of humanity and turns himself in.

You would think that someone saw or heard something that night.
I know it is a busy time of the year, let us not forget Taylor and her family, this is going to be a hard Christmas for them.

why have they not updated the picture of the suspect by aging it and removing the sideburns. I wonder if they have gone back to the first victim to see if there is anything else she might remember.

with the amount of rage the suspect has I find it hard to believe that he has only done this twice, my guess is that he comes back to the area for a reason and maybe he has offended in the area he lives in. Could it be family that brings him back? and if so will he be back at Christmas

http://www.vernonmorningstar.com/news/136448138.html
"Police just don&#8217;t know who the man is.
&#8220;We&#8217;re still working very hard on this, it&#8217;s one of the most massive investigations in the history of the North Okanagan,&#8221; said Burgess.

&#8220;We feel the pressure, both internally and externally. Any type of a whodunnit is a priority, and the guys are working extremely hard on this case.&#8221;

http://www.globaltvbc.com/rcmp+no+m...ts+murder+investigation/6442550669/story.html
RCMP corporal Dan Moskaluk says there is no truth to a report in a Cherryville community blog that someone has been taken into custody in the case.

Read it on Global News: Global BC | RCMP: no major break in Taylor Van Diest’s murder investigation "

Armstrong seems like a major metropolis compared to Cherryville. I wonder who is of interest in Cherryville?

Here's hoping they have some substantial leads.

Cherryville looks like it's even smaller than Armstrong. If someone looked like that composite in 2005 than I hope someone is talking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DirtyV53
Back