GUILTY Canada - Tess Richey, 22, Toronto, 25 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

“The jury at the Schlatter trial is now retiring for the night. They’ve been deliberating since Friday afternoon. They’ll resume tomorrow at 10 a.m.”
Adam Carter on Twitter

No verdict yet.

ETA: This seems like ages, but really two full days. A short time for a M1, maybe.

I also think there might be one hold out or that they want to review things to the point that this case is not appealable. Its clearly this horrid creep who did it, lets toss away the key. He is very likely to re-offend unless put away for a very long time.

Nuff, I agree with your earlier comment that even if Schlatter says it was consensual, I don't think Tess was in state to consent. The fact that he waved away her cab, then diverted her from her Uber is more than proof enough to me that he intended to kill her. As for the holding hands, I think if we look closely, he has her by the hand...not so much a mutual hand holding (ie consensual)

Nuff, I agree with your earlier comment that even if Schlatter says it was consensual, I don't think Tess was in state to consent. The fact that he waved away her cab, then diverted her from her Uber is more than proof enough to me that he intended to kill her. As for the holding hands, I think if we look closely, he has her by the hand...not so much a mutual hand holding (ie consensual)

If only we were on that jury!

I was hoping the jury planned to reconvene this morning, having agreed on a verdict last night, just to tidy up loose ends etc before reporting back. It's looking now as if there must be serious disagreement among them. I wonder if Dambrot will call them back at some point to ask how close they are to a decision.

They are going for an hour and a half lunch. 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. I wonder if they are still "friends". It's taking a long time.

I was hoping the jury planned to reconvene this morning, having agreed on a verdict last night, just to tidy up loose ends etc before reporting back. It's looking now as if there must be serious disagreement among them. I wonder if Dambrot will call them back at some point to ask how close they are to a decision.

I’m trying to find comparison cases and how long the juries were out. Millard/Smich trial for the murder of LB:
The Ontario Superior Court jury began deliberating Tuesday afternoon and returned their verdict Saturday.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4448140

Just noting the jury is taking an extra 1/2 hour for lunch. Well-deserved, of course. Just wondering if it’s a sign.

“The jury is taking lunch from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. No verdict yet.”
Adam Carter on Twitter

There are cries of relief, tears and brief laughs from Richey's family. "Killer," someone says.
The jury is polled. They all agree. The crying from Richey's family is audible. Jurors are wiping away tears. Judge thanks the jury for their service "in this very difficult time for all of us." Jury duty is an important duty, he says
Schlatter sits down. Dambrot says there is now sentencing to deal with. This trial has proceeded as an exception, he said. He says they can take a couple of more days if counsel wishes.
Alyshah Sanmati Hasham on Twitter

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back