Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just throwing this theory out here. I wonder if the man - the one in the police sketch - took her back to a rental unit where two other males where present. First male possibly on average height or a bit on the shorter side, light brownish hair with a bit of a receding hairline, clear complexion, a bit of a pot belly. A bit of a dimwit. Possibly cauasian and knew the man in the sketch. Second male - on the shorter side, light brown hair, no balding. Caucasian. Both violent, the the second one more so. It was possibly the second male that resulted in this woman's demise.

Well, the latest we've heard is she was last seen in distress with an indigenous man. The sketches are not those of a Caucasian. However, he had access to a rental unit on Grey and Kimberly, so others may have been in there. Certainly, if there was a commotion outside, others around that rental unit would have heard it. None of those people are talking? Very hard to believe!

The police press release is worded more carefully

the following satellite images identify locations at or near Civic park where a male and female were observed on July 11, 2015 at approximately 8:00 a.m. They are described as: Caucasian and in their 30’s.

Winnipeg Police Service : Newsroom : July 11, 2016 Media Release - Winnipeg Police Service - City of Winnipeg

I've often thought what a boon it would be to police if they could access satellite images of what happened at the scene of a crime. Eg follow a perp to find out where he went. I'm sure the military has the technology, but I've never seen it used.

There was that case of the aerial photos that showed what were apparently the bodies of the Liknes family at Garland's farm, but those were taken by a plane, not a satellite.

Where are you getting your specific descriptions from?
No where in particular. Here is what I think about the native guy in question, the guy in the sketch, and this just speculation. Probably had at the time a drug addiction problem and got into a dispute/altercation with the victim because of this. She may have said something to him and he reacted violently. He probably didn't do well in school and has some kind of learning difficulty or impediment. He likely changed residences shortly afterwards. He may have gone to the property around Grey to possibly borrow a vehicle. The person in question, who I believe is a caucasian male and whose residence he went to, may have been a dealer /a supplier.

This was edited to include the following: TK likely went with him because he promised her something/to fix the situation, and she went with him against her own best interests.

I think too that it was random. A man, perhaps on drugs, approached her. She would have stood up to him, and then he reacted violently. She might have received such a blow to the head that she was dazed and confused and went with him.

I am wondering if Thelma Krull had any arguments with a male individual regarding money - possibly within a couple months prior to her disappearance - and if it pertained to the loan of money, the borrowing of money, helping someone financially - none of which she may have wanted to do and as such, an argument ensued.

I am wondering if Thelma Krull had any arguments with a male individual regarding money - possibly within a couple months prior to her disappearance - and if it pertained to the loan of money, the borrowing of money, helping someone financially - none of which she may have wanted to do and as such, an argument ensued.

I’ve followed this tragedy from the onset and it pains me that over three years later, Thelma’s family still has no answers.

Although Thelma didn’t work directly with clients, I’d imagine she might reach out to those in the general public who she believed would benefit from the services of SPIKE. I’ve often wondered if she crossed path with others who failed to recognize her motivation, that of genuine care and concern.

Thelma Krull’s co-workers waiting for her to return
“Krull managed the companies website, planned fundraisers and paid the bills for S.P.I.K.E, an organization that helps people with special needs in Winnipeg.”

Police seem to believe that, if she was abducted, it was random rather than targetted. Winnipeg police say it’s possible Thelma Krull was abducted

I would guess that's because they've carefully viewed CCTV footage of her, and don't see anyone following. It also seems she walked different routes, so it's unlikely that someone could wait for her in a particular spot, as well, such a plan could easily fail because other people were also around.

On the other hand, she may simply have been a female who happened to come along at a moment when no one else was there, and so she was grabbed. There wouldn't be any doubt about this if she was younger. But there are killers who attack older victims. She was not very small, but perhaps not big/strong enough to be seen as a threat.

Just in the case that it wasn't random, what if both the male and female who were seen at the park that day - the ones guessed to be in their thirties - knew Thelma. They were waiting til they saw her, called her phone, causing it to ping at that time. If they did that, could it have been a signal to the older, Indigenous-looking man to do something? E.g. "Look for the older woman whose phone rings and she answers it. It'll be her". I don't think he knew her. But he may have known one or both of that couple who may have put him up to something and due to a possible previous argument.

Police have never said where exactly her phone and glasses were found, perhaps they weren't really on the hill, but closer to the edge of the park? The hill itself seems to me an impossible location for an abduction, it's completely exposed to view from a long distance. Perhaps her things were found close to where a car could've been, but police don't want to reveal that.

The south edge of the park would have been very quiet on a Saturday morning, it's a dead end road, bordered by a football field, a high school, a hockey arena, a church, and a business with no windows.

In particular, the location identified as where the potential witness couple were, is next to the arena parking lot. That seems to me a location where someone might go to do a drug deal or something.

Waiting there to commit an abduction in broad daylight seems to me, you'd still be taking a huge risk that a dog walker or cyclist could arrive at any moment.

I wonder whether something else criminal was going on, that Thelma walked right up to, and in anger/panic she was grabbed and taken so she couldn't alert authorities. She might have been the sort of person that looked at people very directly, implying 'what exactly do you think you're doing?'

What surprises me is that the park is so wide open, yet it seems that she crossed the park without anyone seeing anything that caused concern.

"Krull was last seen at about 7:23 a.m. CT on July 11, 2015, when she left her home in the Grassie Boulevard area for a walk while training to hike the West Coast Trail in British Columbia. Police believe she made it to Civic Park near Kildonan East Collegiate at about 8 a.m.

Her glasses and cellphone were found in the Valley Gardens area shortly after her disappearance."

Winnipeg police seek leads in Thelma Krull case | CBC News

upload_2018-11-23_16-50-36.png

Last edited:
What surprises me is that the park is so wide open, yet it seems that she crossed the park without anyone seeing anything that caused concern
RSBM

Exactly, that's a great photo to show how exposed it is. I think's possible she never crossed the park.

It was determined by a couple of sleuthers near the beginning of this thread, that the released video showed her walking south from her home. That would lead her to the quiet side of the park, she would be coming from the lower right side of your photo, along the road that dead ends between the football field and the arena parking lot. There's a map at this post that shows her likely route.
CANADA - Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

That's also where the potential witness couple were.

The report about a possible sighting of a distressed Thelma with a man, was at Kimberley and Grey St. To get there, the direct route would be the walking path past the football field, and the (deserted) high school parking lot, before connecting with Kimberley again at the other end of the park, on the lower left corner of your photo. That's the side where the hill is located.

But there's a road there with a clear view of the hill, and homes and apartments line the streets past the park.

Just for context, I'm attaching streetview images from the nearest houses to the park on KimberleyAve, from first the east, and then from the west side of the park. Screenshot_20181123-180344.jpg Screenshot_20181123-180825.jpg

Last edited:
Then how did her phone and glasses end up at the Valley Gardens side of the park? I was assuming that she lost her glasses and phone during a struggle, which suggests that she was at Valley Gardens when she was attacked/abducted.

I am slowly moving over to the idea that at around 8 AM or around that time, she used her cell phone - either by calling a number to someone or answering a call from someone - and that person was one of those two caucasian individuals in the park who were seen hanging around at approximately 8. E.g. "I'm here at the school.Where are you waiting?" OR "Hey..We're here near the parking lot." Winnipeg police probably have a good idea of who they are. What are the odds that, on the same day as her grandson's birthday, perhaps someone asked to meet up with her to hand over a gift for the kid. And I am just thinking out loud here.

Then how did her phone and glasses end up at the Valley Gardens side of the park? I was assuming that she lost her glasses and phone during a struggle, which suggests that she was at Valley Gardens when she was attacked/abducted.

Yes, this is why I'm taking the time to get clear on the actual location, the early media reports were vague about these details, possibly because police didn't say.

Most media coverage that I can find now, refers to them being found in the area, or near, or on the grounds of the Community Centre. Missing Winnipeg hiker's daughter believes mom is still alive | CBC News

This article from last year is quite specific "It happened shortly after she arrived at Civic Park, behind Kildonan-East Collegiate, around 8 a.m. on July 11, 2015, police said. Several pieces of evidence, including Krull's glasses and cellphone, were found." This is the high school, near the football field and arena. Thelma Krull investigation: Police release sketches of suspect | CBC News

I also found an article about the memorial her family placed "near Kildonan-East Collegiate". Thelma Krull memorial found vandalized | CBC News

In the video you can see Thelma's daughter retrieving the vandalized memorial from what to me looks like the tennis court fence that borders the park. At that location there are a few trees that could be the one her memorial rests against. I'm attaching images from gmaps.

There are a couple of parking places on either side of the tennis courts, where she could have been bundled into a car. It's about 2 blocks directly from where she was allegedly sighted with the indigenous man.
20181124_145555.jpg
20181124_145731.jpg

Last edited:
I am slowly moving over to the idea that at around 8 AM or around that time, she used her cell phone - either by calling a number to someone or answering a call from someone - and that person was one of those two caucasian individuals in the park who were seen hanging around at approximately 8. E.g. "I'm here at the school.Where are you waiting?" OR "Hey..We're here near the parking lot." Winnipeg police probably have a good idea of who they are. What are the odds that, on the same day as her grandson's birthday, perhaps someone asked to meet up with her to hand over a gift for the kid. And I am just thinking out loud here.
Yes, it would be good to know why her phone pinged in that area. If she'd received a call, police would know what number called her. Or she may have tried to make a call for help, if she had time. It could also have just been an ordinary ping because she was moving and the phone updated her location, or notified her of a new email, etc.

It's also a significant clue, just that her cellphone was left behind. Whoever took her didn't want to steal it and wasn't concerned about any text messages that would be found on it. That alone seems an indication of a random abduction, where perhaps the abductor knew that cellphone pings could trace where she was taken to.

I'm not sure there's anything suspicious about the couple, I gathered police are hoping they may have seen the suspect, or a car. Presumably, the were picked up on a CCTV camera as heading or passing through the area around the right time. I think CCTV cameras were possibly also used to pinpoint the time when Thelma was attacked, rather than, necessarily, a cellphone call.

Yes, this is why I'm taking the time to get clear on the actual location, the early media reports were vague about these details, possibly because police didn't say.

Most media coverage that I can find now, refers to them being found in the area, or near, or on the grounds of the Community Centre. Missing Winnipeg hiker's daughter believes mom is still alive | CBC News

This article from last year is quite specific "It happened shortly after she arrived at Civic Park, behind Kildonan-East Collegiate, around 8 a.m. on July 11, 2015, police said. Several pieces of evidence, including Krull's glasses and cellphone, were found." This is the high school, near the football field and arena. Thelma Krull investigation: Police release sketches of suspect | CBC News

I also found an article about the memorial her family placed "near Kildonan-East Collegiate". Thelma Krull memorial found vandalized | CBC News

In the video you can see Thelma's daughter retrieving the vandalized memorial from what to me looks like the tennis court fence that borders the park. At that location there are a few trees that could be the one her memorial rests against. I'm attaching images from gmaps.

There are a couple of parking places on either side of the tennis courts, where she could have been bundled into a car. It's about 2 blocks directly from where she was allegedly sighted with the indigenous man.
View attachment 156947
View attachment 156951

Police believe she made it to Civic Park near Kildonan East Collegiate at about 8 a.m. This is where she was when she arrived at the park, closer to the tennis courts.

On July 11, 2018, it was reported that her glasses and cellphone were found in the Valley Gardens area of the park. This is on the opposite side of the park than the tennis courts.

It seems that she was near the tennis courts when she arrived at the park, and then she was at the Valley Gardens side of the park. That is where her phone and glasses were found, so that leads me to believe that this is where she was abducted.

Winnipeg police seek leads in Thelma Krull case | CBC News

Yes, it would be good to know why her phone pinged in that area. If she'd received a call, police would know what number called her. Or she may have tried to make a call for help, if she had time. It could also have just been an ordinary ping because she was moving and the phone updated her location, or notified her of a new email, etc.

It's also a significant clue, just that her cellphone was left behind. Whoever took her didn't want to steal it and wasn't concerned about any text messages that would be found on it. That alone seems an indication of a random abduction, where perhaps the abductor knew that cellphone pings could trace where she was taken to.

I'm not sure there's anything suspicious about the couple, I gathered police are hoping they may have seen the suspect, or a car. Presumably, the were picked up on a CCTV camera as heading or passing through the area around the right time. I think CCTV cameras were possibly also used to pinpoint the time when Thelma was attacked, rather than, necessarily, a cellphone call.

It's very possible there isn't anything suspicious about the couple. She may have known them, spoke to them briefly, and then they left by car. And after that, minutes later, another, separate incident happened involving the indigenous-looking man. Like in other cases in Winnipeg, the police will not give out that information.

Doesn't anyone think it's *odd* that her glasses were not discovered until a few days after she went missing, even though there were searches being conducted from the time she was reported missing, and if the glasses had been there at the time, they would have been found?

"Days later her glasses and cell phone were found at Civic Park."
Winnipeg police still looking to identify suspect in Thelma Krull disappearance

"Tuesday, Thelma’s glasses were found at the Valley Gardens Community Centre, but since then the trail has gone cold."
Winnipeg police ‘grasping at straws’ in Thelma Krull case

Doesn't anyone think it's *odd* that her glasses were not discovered until a few days after she went missing, even though there were searches being conducted from the time she was reported missing, and if the glasses had been there at the time, they would have been found?

"Days later her glasses and cell phone were found at Civic Park."
Winnipeg police still looking to identify suspect in Thelma Krull disappearance

"Tuesday, Thelma’s glasses were found at the Valley Gardens Community Centre, but since then the trail has gone cold."
Winnipeg police ‘grasping at straws’ in Thelma Krull case

As someone who loses glasses every now and then, I do not think this is odd at all.

The glasses were found when the area was searched. Previous searches were in other areas. Because they did not know where she had gone. Read the beginning of this thread, fortunately you don't have to go through all fifty-pls pages to find the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMae0823