Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt they were after the truck.
That is exactly what a close relative of mine said. A 2007 Ram is not an expensive truck compared to other ads. I had called him as I heard about this case because he is a car/truck freak the same age as Tim that frequently buys and sells on both Kijiji and Autotrader. Maybe they saw a way to avoid email tracking because Tim left his phone number? This is so creepy.

It all sounds strange to me
If it was about the truck, why not just steal it?
Its a huge leap from auto theft to kidnap/murder

He saw their faces but so did his wife...

That is exactly what a close relative of mine said. A 2007 Ram is not an expensive truck compared to other ads. I had called him as I heard about this case because he is a car/truck freak the same age as Tim that frequently buys and sells on both Kijiji and Autotrader. Maybe they saw a way to avoid email tracking because Tim left his phone number? This is so creepy.

1. Easy way to get control of Tim.
2. Yes a phone call no internet
3. cell rumour well 403 not so far from home which is why they are searching around his home but
4. they could simply have gotten control of his phone at that point either 1. asked to borrow feign dropping it out window or 2. get phone then pull gun etc.

5. strange thing would be to show face to his wife. Why not ask to be picked up somewhere?

6. Ham. Spectator: "Police believe it was the truck, not Bosma, the suspects were after" . Doubt it. Could be something we don't know could be something Tim knows....

Did anyone bring up the possibility that they were paid thugs? Perhaps the one who dropped them off is the one who knows Tim? MOO

Perhaps the third one was someone they would recognize, which is why he didn't pull up to the house

AM980 London ‏@AM980News 12m
The wife of Tim Bosma, a missing Ancaster man, to speak with media at 2:30pm today; the 32-year-old hasn't been seen since Monday night.

IMO .. if Tim was "targeted" for any reason other than his truck, his posting his truck for sale with his phone number and his targeters reading the ads, looking for Tim, and zeroing in on him as a result of the ad ... would be just too coincidental.

Just wanted to add that on CHCH news last night, they were reporting that Tim's truck is the most frequently stolen vehicle in Ontario.

Still hoping for Tim's safe return. I have a hunch...and it's just a hunch, nothing more...that Tim is still alive out there somewhere. If we've learned anything from watching the news this week, it's not to give up hope - people DO come home!

IMO .. if Tim was "targeted" for any reason other than his truck, his posting his truck for sale with his phone number and his targeters reading the ads, looking for Tim, and zeroing in on him as a result of the ad ... would be just too coincidental.
Very good point. They would have had to have known that he had the truck for sale and that it was listed. Likely too much of a coincidence.

I wish I could help search but I'm a few hundred miles away. If they threw him from the truck, he could be lying near a roadway. As time goes on, this becomes less likely to have a good outcome. If they let him go, he would have shown up by now.

His wife speaks to the media at 2:30 EDT http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2557583-tim-bosma-s-wife-speaks-to-media-at-2-30/

Its horrible
How could an older truck be worth a mans life

I see what you're saying but unless there's some hidden shady background, what could this man have done/know to be kidnapped I guess would be the question? Way too scary.

I am also a local. For anyone that is unaware there is a huge problem in this area with this type of truck being stolen and taken to an indian reservation nearby. The trucks are then stripped bare of anything worth anything and abandoned. Hundreds of trucks have been found there by OPP including my brother in law's own a few months ago. He had just purchased the truck and it was stripped so badly, the insurance company wrote it off. These type of pickup/work trucks are going missing in this area hourly. I have only heard of them being stolen, but perhaps people are getting desperate....

I have to wonder if LE is thinking of this scenario in their search towards brantford rather than toronto. They could likely hop on hwy 403 and make their way towards this reservation. I am hoping this turns out well for Mr. Bosma....it's a great community with lots of people ready to help out a neighbour...he has a lot of people rooting for him.

Michelle

What if they were sleuthing him online to confirm his address, location or activities he might participate in in order to identify best way to grab him? Could they have simply googled his phone number?

To test this, I took a phone number from a Hamilton kijiji ad (selling a used car). I then plugged the phone number into google and what came up? A few kijiji ads and a link to telus (it was a cell phone number). This may have given them the idea to simply take him out for a test drive.

Possible?

I am having difficulty believing that these guys would resort to kidnapping/murder to get some random truck. Were there any special features to the truck that would have been unique and critical to a criminal's needs? It has a trailer hitch, but I presume that a lot of large trucks do.

Has anyone read anything about TB's background, such as what his job is? Does he have family in the area? Is his family wealthy?

Havent read anything but his home is fairly large and new. Im trying to find the MSM showing the pic. I know nothing about the family or their status myself.

This is from Google street view, which is a couple years old (looks like the house may have still been under construction). It makes me sick to think two people could walk up that driveway intending to do the owner harm.

2iqn0c6.jpg

This is from Google street view, which is a couple years old (looks like the house may have still been under construction). It makes me sick to think two people could walk up that driveway intending to do the owner harm.

2iqn0c6.jpg

That's the house from the news article ..

Im not so sure I'd be comfy staying there by myself if I was his wife. *shudder*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard