Canada - Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #4 **ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been reading lots, but haven't posted anything yet, still wondering WTH happened!

Since TB lives in the country - and DM and 2nd guy come to look at truck at 9;30 pm, it's dark out - so how would they get to their home, (obviously the 'follower'" vehicle.... so was this vehicle in TB driveway when they left for the 'test drive' ? Wouldn't that have seemed a bit odd if 2 guys show up and didn't park their vehicle in your driveway out in the country? I really wonder if TB asked them about where their vehicle was... or if SB saw the 2nd vehicle at all?

BBM - According to police at one of early press conferences, SB did not see another vehicle.

Looks like he (if that's him) has been a member since 2007. People with the genealogy research hobby waste/spend lots of time studying their ancestors - I should know, I'm one of them - and so they're searching many and various genealogical sites online. Again, IF that's him, an interest in his forebears would not be surprising - he has a very interesting ancestry. The only surprising thing is that he's unusually young to be pursuing this interest but he might have been doing it for his father or for his grandfather, I suppose.

I'm also into ancestry, but the DNA match angle is different. You wouldn't do that unless you didn't know who your ancestors were. ie.: my grandfather's father was a secret, so that could reveal cousins I don't know we have. If anything it says to me that he wasn't worried at the time he did this that some day, his DNA could be used against him. Something changed in his life.

I don't think they drove the trailer down to Ancaster as it is not fun hauling a huge trailer on the highway...plus it would not be fast to load, the truck may not have fit in without removing mirrors etc, they would have to secure it well for the long drive...just too much hassle.

Besides the truck was seen in Brantford and Kitchener which means it was not in the trailer but probably headed for the hangar where the trailer is likely stored

I didn't say they drove the trailer down to Ancaster. Maybe they dropped it at the farm, maybe at the hangar.

Could it be that gang-banger/biker acquaintances of DM’s asked him to help test-drive a few Dodge Rams (complimenting/acknowledging DM’s technical knowledge of trucks) and then set him up when an enforcer stepped in and foul play was involved? I think DM and Hoodie Guy were disposable minions, but Hoodie Guy had the smarts to cover up his identifiable physical features (or was told to do so).

Not saying DM wasn’t involved, but could be why lawyer says he’s “remorseful".

JMO after watching DM’s lawyer speak outside Hamilton courthouse this AM.

Also DM’s lawyer speaks here: http://www.cp24.com/ "lawyer discusses case against his client"

I'm also into ancestry, but the DNA match angle is different. You wouldn't do that unless you didn't know who your ancestors were. ie.: my grandfather's father was a secret, so that could reveal cousins I don't know we have. If anything it says to me that he wasn't worried at the time he did this that some day, his DNA could be used against him. Something changed in his life.

What's the chance of actually finding a match on these sites? Is it largely a waste of money?

I live in the area. Ancaster is between Etobicoke where DM lived & Waterloo where the hanger is, so the whole area would be DM's roaming grounds. Plus, it's not unusual for contractors around here to work anywhere from Toronto to Waterloo. I've had people work at my house from Toronto, Cambridge, Hamilton, etc. For a contractor, the whole area - Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, Brantford, Kitchener, Waterloo - would be considered a local area for work. Would not at all be unlikely that DM and TB could be in the same area.

This is why the connection via the airport bothers me. That might be a place he would see something. Depends on what went on in that hangar and whether he went to visit.

The person who has already been cleared as a person of interest is a plumber - I'd say it's more likely he and TB would have crossed paths on the job.

No, I meant the two test drive vehicles, was the one in Toronto a non-turbo diesel and not what they were looking for but Tim's was. That should have been clear from the ads for the trucks, but maybe not.

All diesel cummins are turbo

No, I meant the two test drive vehicles, was the one in Toronto a non-turbo diesel and not what they were looking for but Tim's was. That should have been clear from the ads for the trucks, but maybe not.

All diesel cummins are turbo

5.9 is a lot better engine than the 6.7 is. they do a lot better on fuel and can produce enough power to do what you,ll be wanting to do and are easier to install also. The 6.7 is eat up with smog control junk and isn't the best choice for an engine,and their also more expensive to repair. You cant remove all the emissions because of the computer, and get that one to run the way you could with a 5.9 in it. I own a 97 5.9 and it does real good ,i can easily pull my toy hauler with with a car on it and still get good fuel mileage and also keep up with anything on the road,i wouldn't hae one of th newer trucks with 6.7 in it,i have seen to many of them give problems the 5.9 has never offered to give,true the 5.9 is a lot noisier ......

This is what poster has said about this engine comparison on simple google search, so Tims truck may be a 5.9... And was a desirable truck for them.

Why hide the truck if they didn't want it. Just torch it on the reserve and shift blame. If it wasn't for tattoo, this would work.

In this area, if a truck is stolen, first place police will head is the reserve. Why head towards the spot that police are likely heading? Stash the truck far away till you can get rid of it.

Also, the truck may have forensic evidence that you could not be sure would be destroyed in a fire. Might be better for it never to be found than found burned.

Lots of people have been caught stealing from stores and have more than enough money in their pocket to pay for it... it's not just the poor starving bum that's out there stealing stuff. More of a morals/civil society thing.

i agree. i just think that this will be one of the ideas used to create a bit of doubt... even if its just a tiny bit of doubt.

[Carl, the grandfather] Millard also told Seaman that he was "a direct descendant of Chief Joseph Brant," the Mohawk leader who aided the British forces during the American Revolution in the mid-1700s.]

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/who-is-dellen-millard-arrested-in-tim-bosma-disappearance

I had seen that previously, but surely he wasn't looking for Joseph Brants DNA on here IMO. This isn't ancestry.com. This site seems to be for supplying your dna to confirm matches.

Good find!

I can be pretty bad at matching faces. Is that photo really him? Not surprisingly it looks different than the red/pink mohawk one the media have been using lately.

Yes that is him. This is one of the pics they used on, I believe, CTV news one evening I was watching...

Of course, the question is, why did the neighbour take a picture of the incinerator to begin with?

What caused the neighbour to take a picture?

Why were there more than 1 locations that the incinerator was placed? What the hell were they burning at that farm besides innocent people? I am just absolutely outraged at this case. :furious:

This may be the dumbest reply ever but maybe the person who took the photo thought someone was making a bomb or something. Huge tank on a pretty much deserted farm property may trigger some fear and suspicion in neighbouring locals. Did the neighbour state that they thought the incinerator had something to do with the Tim Bosma case?

What did Tim see?

The suspects met with another man in an industrial area after making arrangements to test drive his truck. That truck owner was suspcious because the two "buyers" were on foot.

If this was about Tim, then this was also about the first owner of the truck. That isn't adding up, so this appears to be unrelated to Tim. That is, this had something to do with the suspects ... most likely ... in my humble opinion ... a thrill.

No, the theory is the suspects were after a guy, but didn't know his name. They had a general description of him, and had seen his truck with a For Sale sign. They then looked online & started contacting people selling a similar truck. First guy didn't fit description, went to next on list, found TB. They went to first guy on foot because they planned to follow the same plan & kill him if it was the right guy. He didn't fit the description, so they moved on.

Has anyone run across any nicknames used by DM? It's hard to believe a 27 yr old man in business would have so little about him available online.

In this area, if a truck is stolen, first place police will head is the reserve. Why head towards the spot that police are likely heading? Stash the truck far away till you can get rid of it.]

That's what I said earlier. If a vehicle goes missing around automatically people think reserve. IMO that is why they detoured to Brantford in the first place, why the phone was found there and why the truck was reported as being seen downtown Brantford. IMO they figured phone dumped close by and sighting of truck, people will look on the reserve and take heat away from what is really going on. Given the SS brantford connection, DM likely would have been aware of the reputation Btfd and the reserve have IMO

In this area, if a truck is stolen, first place police will head is the reserve. Why head towards the spot that police are likely heading? Stash the truck far away till you can get rid of it.]

That's what I said earlier. If a vehicle goes missing around automatically people think reserve. IMO that is why they detoured to Brantford in the first place, why the phone was found there and why the truck was reported as being seen downtown Brantford. IMO they figured phone dumped close by and sighting of truck, people will look on the reserve and take heat away from what is really going on. Given the SS brantford connection, DM likely would have been aware of the reputation Btfd and the reserve have IMO

Problem is Brantford wasn't a detour, it was directly on the path to the hangar/farm

I don't think they were trying to create a red herring. They were just dumping the phone which they figured would remain lost as it was off/no battery/no signal

I believe that even if DM wanted to talk, his lawyer is not going to let him. So the fact that we're hearing he is "exercising his constitutional rights to remain silent" could just be the lawyer sugar coating "I'm not letting him talk until we have disclosure of evidence".

I also believe that once they have that disclosure we'll hear that DM never intended for Tim to die, and he's such a great guy that he even tried to stop the others from hurting Tim (not that I believe any of that!!) and in the end, DM just ended up being a witness to a brutal murder, and the others involved forced him to let them use the necessary equipment to move the truck and try to cover up the murder.
I think they'll say that they decided to use all Millards stuff because he comes from such an upstanding family and they convinced DM that he would never be a suspect in any of this.

I think they may also try to imply that the truck was never intended for DM and the only reason he was the one driving it is because he was the "car guy" out of the group that went to Tims. He could be portrayed as the advisor to whomever was really interested in the truck.

....just some thoughts rattling around in my head today.

witnesses to what?

We don't know yet, because it is not being divulged, but the police likely have witnesses other than SB. It will be revealed in time, but anyone in the public could be a witness, even a lowly gas station attendant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa