Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #7 **ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this has previously been posted in this thread (elepher posted it in the one for LB). At about 1:28 in the video, you can see inside DM's house. There is a shotgun (and a pile of his dad's credit cards).

http://www.theloop.ca/news/all/nati...robe-link-between-Bosma-suspect-missing-woman

I wonder why police wouldn't have taken the gun in as evidence, especially as they had raided the house prior to finding TB's remains.

DM was clearly a disrespectful l<modsnip>, to photograph <modsnip> for a soft *advertiser censored* site, with ?vintage planes his grandfather worked very hard for. Repulsive, to say the last. Clearly no family pride, not much class, IMO.

When he was charged, LE already had the incinerator evidence. JMO

When he was 1st arrested in his car?

Don't think so. He was only charged with kidnap and theft over 5k initially right?

You have to understand that we all have the right to remain silent and we should remain silent. Seriously it is not good to speak when you have been charged with so serious a crime. First of all LE MUST give FULL DISCLOSURE. With this disclosure one can then start to know what the hell is happening. Remember when you talk to police EVERYTHING you say CAN and WILL be used against you. That means they can distort anything to mean what they want it to mean. I know this sounds od... but it is NOT wise for DM to talk until FULL disclosure is given, plus that is his right.

Watch this lecture by an American professor and a police officer that explains why you shouldn't talk to the police even if you are 100% innocent. I'm sure the reasons would apply in Canada as well. I found it very enlightening.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=7KW3Os47DGY&desktop_uri=/watch?v=7KW3Os47DGY

Do we have any more recent examples of person's who were wrongfully convicted after the discovery of DNA and other forensic procedures?

That is irrelevant imo. Defense strategy is still a necessity and there is a reason why choosing to exercise one's rights under the Charter is barred from being used as a signal of guilt in the courts. The police may think otherwise, but you have lawyers and police alike agreeing that talking to police is not in the best interest of the accused. That includes an innocent person under interrogation. There are also multiple cases where DNA and forensics are not factored in pointing to the accused actually being there during the commission of a crime, so unless there is DNA evidence placing DM at the scene during the crime, and not just circumstantial evidence that he's been there (as is the case given the victim was found on his property and the truck found on his mother's driveway) then DNA may not prove much other than DM has been there. In that case, it's quite evident that he has been given it was his property.

If there is scientific evidence that DM was in TM's truck, then the Crown has more than circumstantial evidence IMO. What I'm trying to say is that DNA and Forensic science can also fall under circumstantial evidence (or, more correctly, very strong circumstantial evidence). Enough circumstantial evidence can make a case.

I would think they would and maybe that's why it's located by the door.

Canadian firearm storage laws are specific for Non Restricted and Restricted firearms. The fact that it is there(by the door) is a violation of federal law, as it isn't in proper storage per the law unless it is explicitly in transit.

If it is there and it isn't in violation of storage laws, the police have placed it there prior to removal.

I guess I don't know when the news station captured that footage but I assumed it was in the past couple of days (so after police raided the home the first time).

This is why bigger than a black truck..IMO..

&#8220;These are the ones that make you want to go back to work after you retire,&#8221; he said.
http://news.ca.msn.com/local/toronto/bosma-slaying-investigators-face-complex-challenges-1

For a retired Officer to say that!!! just wow! This case must be huge, like that pig farmer in BC.

Ontario is full of crime and murders, infact, Lucas came from Ontario, what is it about this particular case that would have a retired officer wishing he could go work it?

Not to make light of Tims death, but it is not unusual for the police..

For all we know his very liberal and progressive father thought it was a blast and gave his blessing.

DM didnt use a pseudonym on the credit after all.

I think this could be part of the family dynamic.

Carl is the control freak founder of the business.

According to http://www.wingsmagazine.com/content/view/2477/ he is in charge up until the end. Wayne is barely mention even though he has VP title.

He spends his time on film projects to save the seals. And -- now this is speculation -- he lets his son have the freedom his father never granted him.

As we now know that didn't work out so well...

When he was 1st arrested in his car?

Don't think so. He was only charged with kidnap and theft over 5k initially right?

Arrested, in-custody & charged are 3 different things

He was arrested & taken into custody Friday

First set of CHARGES were announced Saturday

LE had been at the property since Friday.

I would imagine they noticed the incinerator on Friday & began investigating it.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

There are lots of posts from people that have no clue. Then when someone points them at a source that explains why it is reported that the suspect, then accused, is exercising his legal right to remain silent those posters gloss over it and continue to spew nonsense.

Have you read this? http://www.cbc.ca/thenational/blog/2012/06/what-to-do-when-the-police-want-to-talk-to-you.html

Specifically this passage:

Q. What if I have information or evidence that proves I'm innocent? Why not tell the police about it?

A. If you can prove your innocence, or you want to give an account, you can do that in your lawyer's office. If you have concrete evidence, then give it to your lawyer. He or she can provide the evidence to the police or Crown and deal with them on an equal footing, possessed of complete rather than selective information.

You can 'remain silent' and still make your case. In fact, that is what you should do to ensure the best results.

This statement from the reference article isn't true exactly or is at best misleading....

There is a rationale for this and it is not the obstruction of lawful investigations. If you give a detailed, honest account of your actions, denying guilt of any crime, and are nonetheless charged, your convincing and heartfelt statement is unlikely to be heard by the jury. It is the prosecution, not the defence, which by law decides if a statement can be heard at trial.

The Crown only decides the admissibility of one's statement(defendant) to be heard by the jury only on the condition of whether it was truly voluntary. It can't be used by the Crown and heard by the jury if it falls short in any way of voluntary.

However he has NO say in preventing a voluntary statement given initially to the police from being admissible in court.

Then the judge would then instruct the jury before or after the statement is read(depending usually on whether other suspects are involved and that they cannot use the statement against them in their trial)

Generally in North America one has a right to be silent.

Apparently DM has chosen to do so.
The evidence we see, as opposed to the REAL evidence the LE has sure looks damning towards him.

Do you have a link to any of these pics? I haven't seen it personally. I thought I had read a poster noticed this.

TIA

Well, this tattoo thing is really quite peculiar and frankly, becoming somewhat more so as I'll explain in a bit. Firstly we've been given to understand that, having checked telephone numbers called, LE contacted the Really Massive Etobicoke Guy to ask, I guess, what the call was about. So they must have have really perked up when RMEG said a couple of chaps answered his ad about a truck for sale and dropped by to have a look but they passed on the purchase. The description provided by RMEG is and has been the principal detail so far available that links DM to the murder of TB and so it is particularly relevant imo to note that this information includes details about the tattoo.

This is the LE release which was a compilation of RMEG and SB's descriptions:
Given that obviously the tattoos can't be seen through a long sleeved shirt we can confidently surmise that the "Ambition" tattoo description comes from RMEG arising from the Sunday test drive.

1) male white, 6&#8217;1&#8221; to 6&#8217;2&#8221;, 170 to 180 lbs, mid 20&#8217;s, light to medium short brown hair, unshaven, wearing blue jeans, long sleeve orange shirt and running shoes. The male had several tattoos on his arms. On one of his wrists where a person wears a watch was the word, &#8220;Ambition.&#8221; Their was a box tattooed, framing the outside of the word. Police have researched this tattoo which is not uncommon but the location of it is unique. This male has not been identified as yet.

And

It was a description of the unique "ambition" tattoo on his wrist that led police to Millard &#8212; a description that came from a witness in Etobicoke who said he was visited by Millard and a second man last Sunday, interested in test driving his Dodge Ram pickup that he'd been trying to sell online.

Pasted from <http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2873832-police-nab-ambition-tattoo-suspect-in-bosma-case-/>

Now, here's what's peculiar. A day or two ago, I tried to summarize what we know about DM's tattoos in my post at [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9451502#post9451502"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9451502#post9451502[/ame]

One assumes that TIPS information at the tijme was created based very specifically on RMEG's description. This is TIPS poster featuring the tattoo that was all over Google when I originally looked for it but today the internet is scrubbed clinically clean of every last vestige of it, so far as I can see.

Anyway, here we see a very readable word inside a distinct frame and facing downward on a left arm (readable by somebody with good eyesight facing the subject and looking down at his arm.)

Again, DM was originally arrested in part or wholly because of his Ambition tattoo.

However (and I don't have time at this moment) pics of DM show that he seems to have a rather indistinct "Ambition" tattoo on both arms, not enclosed with a frame, considerably higher than wristwatch position and readable by DM himself or, as someone has pointed out, by someone seated beside him if DM's bare arms were raised (as on a steering wheel.)

Just read up on the incinerator. Purchased in July from a distributor in Manitoba. How did it get from Manitoba to Ayr? Does anyone recall <MODSNIP> Facebook and the trips to Winnipeg? Perhaps it was towed back by <MODSNIP>?

I just relayed an opinion that was passed onto me from somebody who is having trouble registering and claims they grew up with MB, and the post is now gone.

Just so I dont make the same mistake again, can a mod please contact me and explain what I did wrong, or what rules the post broke, or if Im going loopy and the post was never published?

I believe moderators will delete posts that they feel don't conform to the rules without warning or informing the poster. It's happened to me and it drove me nuts. For one, this is a very busy thread and two, they don't want to get into a debate with you. It seems you must have posted some hearsay, which is not allowed.

When he was charged, LE already had the incinerator evidence. JMO

So your saying they were already searching the farm as he was charged with forcible confinement on Saturday...he was picked up on Friday. They apparently found TB on Monday sometime and told family Tuesday morning. :moo:

No...he will sit in jail for the next couple of years while LE continue to gather evidence against him and continue to search for the other person's involved. While they also reopen the file on his father's death and review the missing person's case on LB.

According to his lawyer there is another story here but it relies on them finding the other suspects. Why he isn't helping in that regard I have no idea.

If he's lucky, he'll just go to trial with the current evidence against him and they'll find nothing more. Which is pretty damning, but based on only what we've been told by MSM is largely circumstantial. I guess he's willing to take his chances?

MOO

Even if LE had amassed all the evidence they needed at this point, it would still take 2 years before the case goes to trial. That's about par for the course with murder cases.

Some thoughts...
1. Wayne was an older father (late 40's when DM arrived). Then there was the divorce. I don't know when that happened but divorce happening at particular times in adolescence can be damaging. Plus, an only child, coddled and catered to - to make up for Wayne's own situation vis-à-vis Carl??? and perhaps for the divorce. This often results in a singularly self-centered, self-absorbed person that, in their mind, the world revolves around.
That said, this might shed some light on the personality of DM.
2. I do believe we are all starving for more news, more information here. We have (and I know it's my first post) chewed the little we do know to tiny crumbs and are picking at the scabs of whether or not DM is innocent. I believe that what we do know right now is but the tip of the proverbial iceberg. I'm new to sleuthing so I wouldn't really know where to start. (Yes I know there's info on-site to help but this being my introduction to this forum of Web Sleuthing I appreciate what you veterans have been doing.) There really hasn't been much new the last 2 days.
3. My heart goes out to the Bosma family & friends and the community he comes from.

Signed - a newbie from BC who once lived in SW On for 7 years (Elgin County) and am originally from NS.

Arrested, in-custody & charged are 3 different things

He was arrested & taken into custody Friday

First set of CHARGES were announced Saturday

LE had been at the property since Friday.

I would imagine they noticed the incinerator on Friday & began investigating it.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

IIRC, a neighbour of DM had already taken pictures of the incinerator on the property and I think he was the person who brought this to LE's attention. No doubt, LE would have found it though. imo

Could you please provide some links/sources to back up this claim that Wayne Millard was a shrewd businessman.

I'm wondering why after his death, Dellen took steps to close the business down and not proceed with Wayne's plans.

If it was a viable/excellent business opportunity, why would he not go ahead with it? Wouldn't people be lining up to buy the business.

There's some interesting comments on the AvCanada website...Forum topic "New Hangars for Porter"..on Oct 17th/11 and Oct 19th/11, there's a discussion around Millardair not securing the Esso fuel dealership due to a financial backer backing out. Also makes reference to partners on the hangar. Hard to say how shrewd he was.

IIRC, a neighbour of DM had already taken pictures of the incinerator on the property and I think he was the person who brought this to LE's attention. No doubt, LE would have found it though. imo

Completely agree...thank heavens for that alert/aware neighbor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74